Need another quick weeknight dinner? I made these easy Mexican Pizzas the other night and it was almost too easy! It took more time to get together all the ingredients than to actually make the things. Another great part of this dinner is that you don’t really need a side dish. Of course, it would be great with some rice and some corn, but there are enough toppings on the Pizzas to get your family full.
The best part of the recipe is using a rotisserie chicken you can pick up already cooked at the store. They are so inexpensive and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
When your pizzas are plated be sure to sprinkle some coarse Kosher salt on top of the tomatoes and avocados. It really brings out the flavor and completes the dish.
- Small corn tortillas
- Rotisserie chicken
- Enchilada sauce
- Refried beans
- Diced red onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Frozen corn
- Grated cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Lay out the corn tortillas on a baking sheet. You can place a rack on the baking sheet if you want, which should help the tortilla from getting soggy. But it's optional.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken
- Dice the red onions, the tomatoes and the avocado
- Grate the cheese (or use pre-grated cheese, aka "sprinkle cheese" in my house)
- Cook the frozen corn in the microwave for about a minute
- Spread a tablespoon of refried beans on each tortilla
- Spread a tablespoon of enchilada sauce over the refried beans
- Add your toppings: chicken, cheese, tomatoes, onions and corn
- Broil on High for about 5 minutes - just until the cheese is melted and everything is heated
- Slice it like a pizza and serve it with diced avocado, hot sauce, salsa and a bit of sour cream on top.
If you liked this post and want to see more of Practical Mommy, please sign up for the weekly email below.
Need to get organized? Join the Club!
Download your FREE goal planning sheets inside the Practical Printables Club!