Date nights can be very important to us ladies and we like to have every detailed covered including our nails. If you’re looking for a classy yet simple date night nails design, this matte rose and jewel nail design is perfect for you! It’s not too flashy and not overly sophisticated. It’s the perfect in-between to make every detail come together for an evening look on your date night. Plus, they’ll still look great for work the next day and still match the occasion.
Related Post: A Non-Boring Date Night For Parents
My hubby and I have been married for almost 5 years and we recently welcomed baby number three. Date nights and time spent alone are at a premium for us. Most days I don’t get out of my yoga pants, let alone put makeup on or do my nails. So I like to put a little extra effort in when it’s date night. I know he notices the makeup and nails and appreciates that I still want to look my best for him. I just usually don’t have time for it. This date night nails look is super cute and also super quick. It looks fancy but doesn’t take much more time than a simple coat of polish.
Related Post: Don’t be a Frumpy Mom! 10 Tips to Ditch the Frump
Items You’ll Need:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00BPFBNRI” locale=”US” tag=”practmommy-20″]Matte Rose Polish[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NCVNOTI” locale=”US” tag=”practmommy-20″]Gold Polish[/easyazon_link]
- 3-4 small [easyazon_link identifier=”B005BF1M10″ locale=”US” tag=”practmommy-20″]nail jewels[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001KYQ7LG” locale=”US” tag=”practmommy-20″]Nail glue[/easyazon_link]
Related Post: 20 Ways To Connect With The Man In Your Life
Plan ahead and make sure you have these colors in your closet. I don’t know about you, but I have a ton of old nail polish. I don’t know why I like to hoard my polish, but it’s oddly hard to get rid of them. Order these colors and jewels from Amazon so you know you have them when date night rolls around.
Related Post: Update Your Mommy Style
How to get the look:
1. Begin by painting four of your nails with the matte rose polish. Make sure to use 2-3 coats for optimum coverage. Using only one coat can sometimes leave the nail still peeking through. Also, the polish will not stay on as long.
2. Next paint your last nail gold with 2-3 coats. I used our pointer finger however, you can use any finger you desire.
3. Then you will take the tip of your brush and running it lightly along the tips of your 4 matte nails in order to get a very small gold tip on each one. You can either do this with the side of the brush or the very tip, whichever way you feel comfortable with.
4. Once your nails have dried, carefully glue the 3-4 jewels down the middle of the gold nail. I used pink jewels to match the other nails. However, you can use whatever color you choose. When gluing the jewels, remember that it takes a tiny amount of glue to keep the jewels on. Also, if you attempt to put the jewels on while the polish is still not fully dry, you could mess up the polish and have to start over with that nail.
Your husband will definitely appreciate the time you spent making your nails look the very best. I know it’s hard to update your mommy style overnight, so it’s a good idea to take baby steps. Doing your nails differently can be the first step to a while new you!