Baby blankets are very popular and a great gift for very little ones. Learn here what is important when buying and find the perfect baby blanket for cuddly hours. This will make your baby’s first time in the world even more pleasant.
Our checklist contains all the important buying criteria and below you will find specific product recommendations so that you can choose the right baby blanket today.
Table of contents
The Best Sellers Of Baby Blankets
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular baby blankets for you.
Checklist For Baby Blankets
- Choose a baby blanket made of natural materials: lambskin, cotton or bamboo is breathable and has better warming properties than synthetic fabrics, such as acrylic or microfiber.
- Babies have very sensitive skin, a softer material is more comfortable for the little ones.
- For what purpose do you need the blanket? If you travel a lot with your baby, a thick wool blanket provides optimal warmth, in the house a thinner blanket may be sufficient.
- Most baby blankets have a size of about 70×100 cm.
- Square blank ets are also often found.
- The blanket does not need to be much larger. In everyday life you won’t get tangled in a blanket that is too big and your baby can also pull it over his head.
- Choose a baby blanket made of a material that is easy to wash.
- Regular washing machine cycles at 30 ° should survive the blanket.
- Heavy wool or down blank ets take a long time to dry. If you decide on these variants, it is best to get a blanket to change.
- Special blankets have the advantage that your baby can not pull the blanket over his head. This is practical on long car journeys. Some blankets even have openings for the seat belts.
Recommended Baby Blankets
- Soft, breathable cotton
- Perfect for swaddling, burping or cuddling
- Trusted Carter's quality, every day low prices, and hassle-free tag less packaging-exclusively for Amazon member
Tip: Pamper your baby with the right care . You can find the best sets in our guide to baby care sets
Current Offers Of Baby Blankets
Here you can find a collection of current offers on baby blankets.
FAQ For Baby Blankets
Cotton is especially suitable for baby blankets. Often there are also special baby offers, that is, special wool that is made for knitting or crocheting for baby needs.
A good choice, in principle, is cotton. There are even special offers in some cases. In this case, the wool, which is particularly suitable for babies, is specially marked as such.
As a rule, a baby blanket has a size of 70 x 100 cm. However, there are of course models that deviate from this, for example, square shapes.
Before the second year of life, caution is advised. Because if the child sleeps with a blanket and / or pillow, this can lead in the worst case to death. For cuddling and warming (under constant supervision!) There are no restrictions.
Most often, baby blankets can be purchased in the standard size of 70 cm x 1 m. However, there are other types, so there are also, for example, square baby blankets.
A baby blanket should be appropriate for the occasion and warm accordingly. Of course, no harmful substances should be processed in it and the dimensions should not be too extensive. If you are unsure, take a look at our product guide. There you will find a comprehensive checklist and helpful product recommendations.
Down comforters or models made of wool are particularly suitable for the cold season. However, as these take a comparatively long time to dry after washing, you should provide a replacement. Also note that babies before the age of 2 should not sleep with a blanket, because this can lead to death in the worst case. However, under constant supervision you can of course use blankets, especially outside it is important that the child does not freeze.
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months
- The best baby toys for 12 to 18 months
- The 10 most popular baby toys from Fisher-Price
- The 8 best play arches for babies
Furnishing the baby room
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room
- The 9 best changing mats
- The 10 best changing shelves
- The 10 best changing tables
- The 10 best complete baby room
- The 9 best baby monitors
- The 9 best baby mattresses