Babies are often restless or have trouble falling asleep. A baby bouncer can help! The rocking function causes that your child comes to rest and can take a little nap . If the swing is also secured with a special harness , you don’t have to worry about your child accidentally falling out. Many models also score with great music functions.
To help you find a baby bouncer that offers a high level of comfort , we have designed a checklist for you. Our product recommendations are also worth a closer look , as you will find many different baby bouncers.
- A baby bouncer consists of a sturdy frame made of wood, aluminum or steel and a padded lying surface.
- The fabric cover of the lying surface is usually made of cotton or polyester . It should be breathable and soft .
- Test marks and certificates such as the GOTS seal or the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 can serve as indicators for pollutant-free materials.
- The cover of your baby bouncer should be damp-washable . Removable and machine-washable covers are particularly easy to care for.
- The load capacity of the baby bouncer determines its useful life .
- Most baby bouncers are suitable for a weight of up to 9 kg. However, there are also models that you can use as a seat for a toddler .
- A classic baby bouncer should only be used up to the age of 2.
- An ergonomically shaped backrest and padding serve to protect the flexible spine of babies .
- Special padding in the neck and head area provides important support for young children.
- Even in an ergonomically shaped baby bouncer , babies should not lie down until they are 3 months old. A maximum lying time of 30 minutes is also recommended up to the 6th month .
- The mechanical safety of a baby bouncer is tested according to the DIN EN 12790 standard. Test marks such as the TÜV seal can serve as indicators of quality.
- Rubber stoppers on the feet or runners prevent the baby bouncer from slipping, even with active children.
- A restraint system prevents your child from falling out of the baby bouncer. This is usually done with 3-point or 5-point harnesses. For particularly petite children, seat reducers may be necessary.
- In addition to the classic mechanical baby bouncer , there are also electronic models with various additional functions.
- A mechanical rocker can have an adjustable backrest. This makes it suitable for both reclining and sitting.
- Electronic baby rockers usually have different rocking speeds, a vibration function or the possibility to play music .
- A play bow is part of the basic equipment of many baby rockers and offers your child variety when lying down.
Table of contents
Recommendable Baby Bouncers
We have compiled the best and most interesting baby bouncers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Here you can find the best baby bottles.
The Best Sellers Of Baby Bouncers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular baby bouncers for you.
Tip: In this article you can read about the best rocking horses made of wood
Current Offers On Baby Bouncers
You can find the best current offers on baby bouncers in this list.
Baby Bouncer Advice
Which baby bouncer suits me?
Baby bouncers are very popular because they offer your baby variety and give you the opportunity to do other things without having to let your baby out of your sight.
Would you also like to have a baby bouncer, but are not sure which one suits you? No problem. When choosing my top 5 baby bouncer recommendations, I made sure to show you different models with different features, so there’s guaranteed to be something for you. I will help you to find out which type of baby bouncer you are and which models suit you best.
Do you want a classic baby bouncer or do you want additional functions?
Do you want a baby bouncer without bells and whistles, such as vibration, etc.? So you are type A and want the classic baby bouncer, which is available in different shapes. These mostly stand almost directly on the floor and start rocking by the baby’s movements or by the parent’s help.
If you want a baby cradle with more functions, then you are type B. Additional functions can be for example vibration or the possibility to play music, or height adjustability.
You want a classic baby bouncer?
You are type A!
You want a baby bouncer that does exactly what it was made for: Rocking. No problem, both the BabyBjörn baby bouncer and the Chicco Hoopla baby bouncer come into question. These are two classic baby bouncers, but both still have some advantages to offer, so I’ll introduce them to you in more detail here.
The BabyBjörn Balance Soft bouncer
The BabyBjörn baby bouncer first impresses with a simple and modern design. Your baby is also perfectly supported by the ergonomic shape. The backrest of the baby bouncer is 3-way adjustable. In addition, it can be folded flat and can be easily taken along with its low weight of 2.1 kg. It can be used as a baby bouncer up to a weight of 9 kg and as a chair up to 13 kg.
Another plus for those interested is that you not only have a choice between different colors, but also different materials. You have the choice between cotton, jersey and especially easy-care mesh. All covers are machine washable at 40°C and comply with Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
The baby bouncer may seem comparatively high-priced at first glance, but it trumps the competition with a particularly modern design and high quality.
The Chicco Hoopla baby bouncer
The Chicco Hoopla baby bouncer is an affordable alternative to the BabyBjörn baby bouncer and even features a play arch. Thanks to the modular seat reducer, your little treasure can benefit from the advantages of the Chicco Hopper right from birth. It can be used as a baby bouncer up to 9 kg and as a chair up to 18 kg. This makes the Chicco Hoopla not only inexpensive but also longer usable.
The backrest is 4-way adjustable. The Chicco Hoopla also has a locking position for comfortable feeding and a peaceful sleep.
The Chicco Hoopla baby bouncer is also particularly easy to transport. It can be folded for traveling and weighs only 3 kg. A special feature are the two carrying straps, through which the baby bouncer can also be carried comfortably with child.
You want a baby bouncer with additional function?
You are type B!
For type B, different baby bouncers come into question, which have different functions to offer. Therefore, the question is: Which additional functions should the baby bouncer have – do you want a baby bouncer with vibration function or rather one that resembles the classic baby bouncer but is height-adjustable?
Do you want a baby bouncer with vibration function?
If you want a baby bouncer with vibration function and possibly various other technical features, then the Tiny Love Rocker Napper baby bouncer and the Bright Starts 60198 Senecircaportable are just right for you.
Tiny Love Rocker Napper
The Tiny Love Rocker Napper baby bouncer has a lot to offer. It has a vibration function and an integrated music function in the mobile. The baby rocker is also a rocker and mini baby bed at the same time. Because the 3-way adjustable backrest can also be set completely flat as a bed, with the safety edge folding up as a boundary. So with a slight movement of the hand, you can bring your baby into a comfortable and safe sleeping position. The rocker can also be locked in place for sleeping and feeding. The only downside is that the Tiny Love Rocker Napper doesn’t fold up. But at 4.8 kg, it’s still easy to carry.
So the Rocker Napper baby bouncer is a true all-rounder, and it’s also great value for money.
The Bright Starts 60198 Senecircaportable baby bouncer
The baby bouncer from Bright Starts is also a true all-rounder. It can be used both as a swing, or as a vibrating seat and is suitable for use up to 9 kg. Especially great: it can be individually adjusted with 5 different rocking speeds and also has a music function with eight different melodies and three different nature sounds.
For baby’s entertainment, in addition to the vibration function, the fold-back play arch with plush toys. At 5.4 kg, the Bright Starts 60198 Senecircaportable weighs a bit more than some other rockers, but is easy to transport when folded. Cover and also headrest are washable in the gentle cycle.
So the baby bouncer from Bright Starts offers some advantages and is very easy to clean. It also offers great value for money.
You want a height adjustable baby bouncer?
With a height adjustable baby bouncer, your baby doesn’t always have to be placed directly on the floor, but can be positioned as needed. My recommendation here is the Babymoov baby bouncer Swoon up.
Babymoov A012423 Baby bouncer Swoon up
The Babymoov Swoon up baby bouncer has a 2-position height adjustable frame that can be set to either 55 cm or 75 cm height. So your baby is always there and gets the action around him. The advantage for you: You can feed your baby with the baby bouncer Swoon up also quite comfortable from the sofa or dining table.
The baby bouncer from Babymoov also has a 3-way adjustable backrest and a 360° rotatable seat, which can therefore be aligned flexibly, quickly and easily. Thanks to the seat reducer, the baby bouncer can be used immediately after birth.
Although the baby bouncer weighs a proud 6.9 kg, but folded it is still suitable for carrying with the accompanying carrying strap.
However, it should be noted that the baby bouncer requires a solid and level surface for a safe stand. It is suitable up to a weight of 9 kg.
Baby Bouncer Info
The advantages of a baby bouncer
For most parents, the balancing act between baby and normal everyday activities at home is a big challenge. And that’s exactly where the baby bouncer comes in. On the one hand, it offers a safe and comfortable place for your baby to rest, and on the other hand, you can still have him or her close by when you are busy with something else.
Nevertheless, your baby is busy through the rocking function and also through the often integrated play bow on the baby bouncer. I myself am a real fan of baby bouncers and can highly recommend the purchase.
Many people now think: I can also put my baby in bed or on his play blanket. But alone in bed babies often do not come to rest and on a play blanket or in a play cage it should not be left alone any longer. Baby bouncers, however, offer the flexibility to take your baby wherever you are, making both parent and child feel more comfortable. The baby bouncer also offers your little treasure not only entertainment, but also, by choosing an upright sitting position, the opportunity to observe what is happening around him.
What you should look for when buying a baby bouncer
Before buying a baby bouncer, consider what functions it should fulfill and, above all, how long you want to use it. Some rockers are only suitable for a body weight of up to 9 kg. Others can also be used as a chair for infants. The duration of use always depends on the body weight of your child. Vibration can help your baby fall asleep and music and a play bow provide variety. Who would like to do without these additions, should look for classical manual baby rockers.
Also useful are rockers that are not too heavy and, in the best case, foldable. Then you can not only easily carry them from room to room, but also take them with you on the road.
Quality and safety
A good rocker should never completely wobble, even if your baby is a little more active. It should also be stable on the floor. Every baby bouncer should have at least a 3-point lap belt to guarantee the highest possible safety for your baby. This way, your baby will always sit safely while rocking. Also make sure that your baby bouncer provides sufficient support for your child’s head, which is especially important for newborns.
Also make sure that the baby bouncer is high quality and easy to move, so your baby can enjoy the vibrations even with slight movements without much effort.
Easy care and handling
A baby bouncer should make life easier, not harder. Therefore, easy care and simple position adjustment are essential, along with safety.
The different positions should be easy to adjust, so you can always position your baby the way he or she needs it
Another useful aspect is a removable and washable cover. Especially if you want to feed your baby in the baby bouncer, it will get dirty faster than you can look. For feeding, but also for sleeping, a locking position is also an advantage.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a baby bouncer?
A baby bouncer has rocking functions. Your baby can relax in one or take a little nap.
How good are baby bouncers?
Baby bouncers are good if they have ergonomic padding in the back and neck area. This way, you can be sure that your child is comfortable and will not suffer from posture problems. To ensure your child’s safety at all times, they should also have a 5-point harness. You can also recognize good rockers by a corresponding test seal. However, babies should not lie in the baby bouncer for longer than 30 minutes.
How long can a baby bouncer be used?
That depends entirely on the particular model. Many baby bouncers can be used up to the age of two. Later, your baby will be too heavy for a conventional baby bouncer.
From what age is a baby bouncer suitable?Baby bouncers can in principle be used after birth without hesitation. However, always consider the needs of your child. If you notice that your child is uncomfortable, you should not force him or her to sit in the baby bouncer.
Which is better: baby swing or baby bouncer?
Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself. However, a baby bouncer is usually driven by your child itself, whereas baby swings often work electronically. Of course, you can still buy mechanical baby bouncers. Basically, the two models do not have any serious differences. It can only be said that baby swings are usually much heavier than baby bouncers.
How heavy can a baby bouncer be loaded?
A classic baby bouncer can be loaded up to approximately 9 kilograms. However, there are also larger models, which can be used accordingly at a higher weight.
What does a baby bouncer cost?
If the baby bouncer has a lot of different functions, it can cost up to 200 euros. Cheaper models, on the other hand, can be found for as little as 70 euros.
What material is a baby bouncer made of?
The frame of the baby bouncer is usually made of aluminum, wood or steel and is therefore very robust. The covers, on the other hand, are usually made of cotton. It is important that they do not contain any harmful substances that your child could inhale.
How can a baby bouncer be cleaned?
Many covers are washable, so you can easily wash them in the washing machine. However, look at the corresponding label beforehand so that you know at how many degrees you can wash the cover.
What additional functions are available?
Some baby bouncers even allow you to adjust the rocking speed. These models are electronically operated and can play music or vibrate, among other things.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies – guidebook
- The 7 best first baby equipment sets – guidebook
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – guidebook
- The 10 best changing tables – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – How to guide
- The 9 best diaper pails – How to
- The 8 best gauze diaper sets for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby car seats – How to choose
- The 8 best baby carriers – guidebook
- The 9 best pucksacks – guidebook
- The 10 best footmuffs for babies – guidebook
- The 7 best highchairs for children – guidebook
- The best products for baby care – guidebook
- The 9 best baby care sets – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Guidebook
- The 15 best childproof locks for sockets – guidebook
- The 10 best child safety locks for cabinets – guidebook
- The 10 best child safety locks for windows – Guidebook
- The 10 best child safety gates for stairs – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – guidebook
- The 8 best child safety gates for cribs – How to guide
Baby toy train
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 12 to 18 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook
- The 10 most popular baby toys from Fisher-Price – guidebook