As a parent, you know what it’s like: your baby wants to be with you everywhere, and every now and then you want to have your hands free. The solution: baby carriers. Our checklist will help you filter out the most important features and our product recommendations will surely help you find the right product for your family.
- It is extremely practical to have your hands free for daily housework and other activities. Your baby enjoys the closeness and security – and you can take him or her practically anywhere.
- A baby carrier is also ideal when you are out and about , whether in the city, for a walk or when traveling. It is space-saving and can be used for a long time from birth – some models are approved for a weight of up to 20 kilograms.
- If you want to use the carrier from birth, you should look for a model with an infant insert. This allows your baby to sit securely and in the hip-healthy squat-spread position.
- A headrest should also be available to support the still very sensitive head and neck of your offspring well.
- A secure hold is essential to ensure the safety of your baby at all times.
The insert can be easily removed later and the headrest can be folded or removed.
- Your comfort and back health are also important. Therefore, it is advisable to try out your desired model and see if you get along well with the attachment of the carrier. Does it fit well on your hips and shoulders? Are the straps adjustable and are the shoulder straps comfortably padded? Is the carrier washable or easy to clean?
- There are many different models in different colors and designs. Some of them can be used as back, hip or belly carriers – just as it suits you and your little darling.
- Most stretchers are made of cotton. Some also offer a hood and/or integrated UV protection.
Table of contents
Recommended Baby Carriers
Here you can find the top 12 most popular baby carriers.
Tip: You can find many great pacifiers in our pacifier guide.
The Best Sellers Of Baby Carriers
We have compiled the most popular baby carriers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find the best baby monitors in our babymonitor guide.
Current Offers For Baby Carriers
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the baby carriers section.
If you find it difficult to decide between my recommendations, I’ll give you more detailed info about each model here. In the end it is a matter of taste. But here you will learn again the individual strengths of the different baby carriers.
The Manduca baby carrier
The Manduca baby carrier actually has everything you could want from a baby carrier. It is made of organic cotton and is available in different colors. It is particularly easy to put on and provides a comfortable carrying feeling with the soft padded shoulder straps. The shoulder straps are 3-way adjustable and can therefore be adjusted well. For the very little ones there is an integrated seat reducer. The headrest can be removed when the child is a little older. TheManduca baby carrieralso supports the recommended spread-squat position.
The Ergobaby Adapt Comfort Carrier
I think the Ergobaby is very well designed and you can’t go wrong with this baby carrier. It can be used as a tummy, hip, or back carrier and with the lordosis support, it perfectly relieves the parents’ lower back. It is also very easy to put on. The integrated hood has UV protection 50+, so you don’t have to worry even on longer walks. It is made of 100% cotton and can even be put in the washing machine. Really top!
The Marsupi Baby Carrier
The Marsupi baby carrier can also be used from birth and ensures an optimal fit even for newborns thanks to the tamer. The Velcro closure makes it particularly easy to use. It is available in different sizes, so that it can be perfectly matched to your own size. The wide bar always ensures the perfect fit for your darling and also still feels good, because it is made of 100% organic cotton. However, the carrier can not be worn on the back.
The Chicco Bobby Baby Carrier
The baby carrier from Chicco has convinced me especially with its great design. When I then did a little research, I found that it definitely deserves a place in my top recommendations.
Babies are well supported by the reinforced middle section and the neck support and find a cozy place in the carrier. The straps are pleasantly soft padded and provide a good wearing feeling. I also find the small integrated zipper pocket and the Bobby To-Go bag, with which the baby carrier can be easily taken along.
The Baby Carrier Babybjörn One
The Babybjörn has a special feature, which is why I really wanted to include it in my recommendations. Like most others, it can be worn on the stomach, on the back and on the hip. In addition, you can choose the direction in which the child is facing. I find this particularly handy because when little ones are a bit older, they like to see what’s going on around them. The bar width can always be perfectly adjusted to the child and for the first months an infant insert was integrated.
As you can see, all these baby carriers have their advantages. Consider everything carefully before buying, what you particularly value. but I find that you can not go wrong with any of these baby carriers.
Baby Carriers Info
Why Is A Baby Carrier So Practical?
There are several decisive reasons why the purchase of a baby carrier is worthwhile. The first is that babies and toddlers feel much more comfortable when they are close to mom or dad, because it is warm and safe there. This means that baby carriers also have a very calming effect on the little ones when they are out and about. That’s why it’s worth using the baby carrier right after birth.
Reason number 2 is that your child is /so to speak) on your arm, but you have your hands free. That is why many parents like to put on a baby carrier or sling at home. On the road it is practical because it takes up so little space. Have you ever struggled through a crowded store with a stroller? With a baby carrier, on the other hand, you are almost as flexible on the road as before birth.
Many parents would rather have a sling, because that also has a lot of advantages. But baby carriers distribute the weight better and can therefore be used longer. Some therefore first take a sling and then switch to the baby carrier.
What You Should Look For When Buying
The Duration Of Use
It is highly recommended to use the baby carrier right from birth, as it has a very calming effect on the baby. In this case, you should make sure that you get a baby carrier with infant insert, so that your baby is positioned correctly.
Many models can be used until your child is about 15 kilos, so until they are about 3 years old. Some models are also suitable up to 20 kilos. So think beforehand how long you would like to use the baby carrier. You’re probably thinking to yourself right now, “15 kilos, that’s quite a lot to carry around!”. Yes, it is, but this is exactly the advantage of baby carriers over slings. They distribute the weight better and with well-padded straps, even the 15 kilos are still bearable.
Form And Function
Especially for newborns, it is advisable if the baby carrier supports the squat-spread position, because this protects the hips of your little darling. Of course, the carrier should provide sufficient support and in any case prevent slipping. Especially in the beginning, but also later, it is important that baby’s back is slightly arched, because the spine is still developing and has not yet assumed the S-shape.
The baby carrier should also have a foldable or removable headrest, because this supports the baby’s neck and is therefore an important point in terms of safety.
Another important criterion is, of course, the wearing comfort. The baby carrier should adapt as well as possible to the wearer, e.g. through adjustable straps. The shoulder straps should be well padded and the attachment should be easy.
FAQ About Baby Carriers
With baby carriers, you should first and foremost follow the safety instructions mentioned above. In addition, there is your own comfort. So padded straps and easy cleaning are useful. In addition, of course, the size of your baby must be taken into account.
A baby carrier can be used from birth. Of course, it must then also be designed for this age.
Baby carriers from Manduca or Cybex are highly recommended.
From birth, the carrier should still be made of a very soft fabric that gives. In addition, a baby carrier must always be adjusted to the size of your baby.
Both have advantages and disadvantages. A sling is easier to store and lighter. On the other hand, a baby sling is easier to put on and offers more support.
Baby carriers are designed up to a certain weight. As a rule, this can be designed up to 15 or 18 kg. This corresponds to an age of 3 to 4 years. Everyone should decide for themselves how long a carrier is necessary or the child consents.
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – advice
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 7 most beautiful baby first sets – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Nike baby shoes – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – Advice
- The 10 best breastfeeding hats – Advice
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies – Guidebook
- The 7 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 9 best baby car seats – guidebook
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – How to guide
- The 10 best baby changing tables – guidebook
- The 9 best changing pads – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook