Table of contents
Slowly but surely, babies discover their little world. In the first few months of their lives, they don’t walk in “seven-league boots”. But to give boys and girls the best possible support in their first attempts to learn to walk, a baby walker is ideal. It is a very good alternative to traditional playpen.
A baby walker offers valuable support when it comes to using a short-term substitute for the mother’s or father’s hand during the initial walking attempts, which are usually still very uncertain. Baby walker toys are now available in a wide variety of materials, colors and sizes. If you want to find the right baby walker made of wood, plastic, etc. for your darling, it is important not to leave anything to chance when choosing. It has been shown that learning to walk only becomes easier and more “purposeful” with the right baby walker.
In our checklist we have listed everything you should know to find the perfect baby walker for your child. Furthermore, we have compared numerous strollers and listed the best ones in our product recommendation.
The Bestsellers Of The Baby Walker
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular baby walkers for you.
Checklist For Baby Walkers
- A high-quality baby walker gives children more security right from the start and consequently promotes the stability of your offspring during their “first steps into life “. If the little ones are motivated to move in this way with the practical baby walker, experience shows that they will enjoy learning to walk much more. In view of this, mommy and daddy will also be thrilled by the impressive development of their child
- Safety, support and the pleasure of mastering the first steps “without mommy and daddy’s help” – all this promotes your baby’s development in learning to walk in the long term. With the baby walker, they have the opportunity to “try things out” for themselves, to define their own limits and consequently to assess for themselves how far they can go
- Nevertheless, you should know that this ability is only trained over the course of several months. Basically, a wooden baby walker is much more than “just” a baby toy. Rather, it is a valuable and therefore indispensable aid in “growing up”, which also brings a lot of joy to young and old!
- A baby walker is a baby walking aid designed to make it easier for little boys and girls of different ages to learn to walk.
- Tip: If possible, such a baby toy should only be used when the children can already sit and stand independently. If they are able to take their first steps, the purchase of child-friendly baby walkers is particularly recommended, as this aid allows them to experience more stability and security right from the start. They feel more security and independence and thus have the chance to develop motor skills faster.
- At first glance, modern baby walkers look like classic baby carriages or doll carriages. Depending on the product, they usually have a small push handle that children can hold onto . In addition, the non-slip handle offers the possibility of pushing the baby walker from A to B. Opposite the push handle is the baby toy, usually in the form of a doll or baby carriage, play center or baby gym, which is designed to encourage play and experience. There are no limits to the creativity of manufacturers when it comes to design . For boys , for example, baby walkers are offered in the visual form of a toolbox, a car or a truck. Girls , on the other hand, usually love baby walkers in the design of a doll’s or princess’s bed.
- Wooden baby walkers are among the most popular baby walkers in this product category. This is because wood as a natural material is characterized by its grip and long life. In addition, from the point of view of parents, the low toxicity of the processed materials or paints and varnishes play an important role.
- Depending on the model, wooden baby walkers are more stable due to their heavier weight and therefore offer more safety. In comparison, plastic baby walkers are usually lighter and – depending on the model – not always completely tip-proof.
- Due to its comparatively smooth surface, a classic baby walker made of plastic or PVC is easier to clean. Dust, dirt and the like do not settle in the grooves, as is sometimes the case with wooden baby walkers.
- Regardless of whether the baby walker is made of wood or plastic, baby walkers in this product category can be equipped with textile materials or even leather. This allows little users to make their dolls and teddies even softer and cozier while they explore their little world at home with their “doll carriage” baby walker.
- The weight of a baby walker is of vital importance with regards to stability, resilience and safety for the child. In contrast to a plastic baby walker, wooden baby walkers are significantly heavier and thus inherently more solid and robust. This aspect has a particular effect on the tipping resistance. While plastic baby walkers are more likely to tip to the side, and thus a certain potential danger for the little ones comes with them, it is different with a wooden baby walker. Nevertheless, PVC baby walkers offer the advantage that they are mostly more flexible to control or steer. Depending on the model, they are smoother and therefore often easier to handle for babies and toddlers.
- Babies and toddlers can literally learn to walk while playing with the functional baby toy .
- Little boys and girls benefit from more safety and stability when learning to walk.
- Wooden baby walker offer parents the opportunity to give their child the chance to practice learning to walk independently as well.
- The kids’ urge to move and discover is encouraged.
- Motor skills and coordination are improved.
- The range of motion for children is increased by baby walkers.
- Used as baby toys, baby walkers are ideal for transporting dolls, toy bricks or teddy bears.
- The higher the dead weight and the more optimal the center of gravity of the baby walker, the safer the handling of the baby walker. Even before the little ones stand securely on their feet or already in the pull-up phase , a wooden baby walker performs well. For a better understanding.
- Often the little ones approach their baby toys on all fours or crawling on their bellies. Once there, their little hands look for a handle that will allow them to pull themselves up. Assuming that the baby walker does not have the necessary stability and steadiness, there is a great risk that it will fall to the side. Most often, the baby toy tips over onto the child lying next to it. Risk of injury! For this reason, you are best advised not to buy “any” cheap product, but preferably choose a wooden baby walker of high quality. No less relevant is the center of gravity. The center of gravity should be in the middle of the stroller – and not near the grab handle, which is located further back. The more central the center of gravity, the more likely it is to have a positive effect on stability and tipping resistance. In this context, the optimum ratio of the trolley’s own weight in relation to the strength and body weight of the small user should not be forgotten.
- Note: The baby walker toy should preferably not be heavier than 5 kg. Certainly, the overall higher dead weight does affect the stability of the product. However, you should weigh up whether your little rascal has great physical strength or whether it is easier for him to push baby walkers with a lower dead weight. In fact, most children find it difficult to steer heavy baby walkers or to move them into the desired position. This then usually leads inevitably to the fact that the boys and girls lose the desire and motivation to play with the wooden baby walker.
- Tip: Certainly, baby walkers offer fun and variety to most children who want to learn to walk while they take in their world. And parents benefit as well, because the baby walker “educates” the little ones to a certain degree of “independence” in terms of motor skills and movement, and supports them in many areas. Mommy and daddy can therefore take a breath and don’t have to look incessantly while their treasure is having fun with the wooden baby walker. Nevertheless, it can never be completely ruled out that the baby walker will wobble or tip over. However, minor mishaps are part and parcel of growing up. In this respect, you are well advised to observe your little one’s play behavior in as relaxed a manner as possible and not to intervene hastily in every apparent dangerous situation with regard to the use of the baby walker. Overly cautious or hectic reactions on the part of parents, fearing that something could happen to their child with the wooden or plastic baby walker, could certainly impair the fun of playing and learning to walk.
- Basically, baby walkers are not meant to teach children how to walk from scratch. Rather, it is recommended that certain motor skills have already been developed accordingly. The respective stage of development and individual play behavior also play a central role. In most cases, baby walkers are a good way to support motor skills from the sixth to tenth month. In addition, studies show that it is sometimes not until the 16th to 18th month of life that a baby walker is more suitable for use. For example, many babies like to pull themselves up on objects of various kinds in their first months of life. A wooden baby walker is the ideal baby toy for this. The perfect time is when the boys and girls are still a little wobbly on their feet, but can already cover a few meters “on their own”.
Recommended Baby Walkers
We have compiled the best and most interesting baby walkers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Check out our guide to the best Liverpool jerseys for great deals on soccer.
Current Offers Of Baby Walkers
You can find the best current offers on baby walkers in this list.
FAQ About The Baby Walker
As soon as the baby can pull himself up independently, you can let him use the baby walker regardless of age.
As soon as your baby has learned to walk independently, the baby walker becomes superfluous. On average, this happens from about 36 months.
Baby walkers are useful for building up your child’s stability while walking, as well as creating more room for your child to move, while providing sufficient safety so that nothing happens to your child.
More On The Topic
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 12 to 18 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook
- The 10 most popular baby toys from Fisher-Price – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies – Guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Nike baby shoes – guidebook
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – Guidebook
- The 7 most beautiful baby first equipment sets – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 best baby monitors with camera – guidebook
- Babybay Original Bassinet
- The 9 best baby cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby monitors – guidebook
- The 8 best bassinets for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 10 best footmuffs for babies – guidebook