Table of contents
You want to change your baby safely and offer optimal comfort? Then a changing mat is a solution. It ensures that your child feels comfortable by lying on a soft and clean surface. There are also practical options on the go, so you don’t have to visit a changing room every time.
Our checklist explains what you should consider when buying a changing mat. Further down you will find the top 8 recommendations so that you are sure to find what you are looking for.
- It is important that your baby is changed on a warm and, above all, clean surface.
- With a changing mat this is very easy.
- The pad also allows for a soft surface, so your baby will be more comfortable.
- The most important thing about a changing mat – it must be easy to clean.
- Soiling can occur very quickly during diapering. All the better if they can be easily removed.
- You can find changing mats made of the following materials.
- PU (polyurethane): the only material that is washable. However, it tends to tear quickly and is not absorbent.
- Cotton & Terry: Provide a comfortable feeling on the skin. But can not be wiped and must be washed at every slightest soiling.
- Basically, you should make sure that any material does not contain harmful substances and in the best case has the OEKO-TEX seal.
- There is a distinction between changing pads for at home and on the road.
- On trips or similar, a too-large pad takes up a lot of space, is unwieldy and distracting. Therefore, it should be foldable and easy to transport.
- Some models are even built into a diaper bag and are therefore very practical.
- At home, on the other hand, the changing mat can be larger. The main thing is that it fits on the changing table. However, it can also be placed in any other place, such as the sofa.
- To make your choice easier, here are some important points that a changing mat should absolutely fulfill:
- High edge (can protect from falling down).
- Good workmanship (often recognizable by the seams ).
- Soft padding.
- Skin-friendly material.
- possibly OEKO-TEX seal.
Recommended Changing Pads
Here you can find the top 8 among the most popular changing pads.
Tip: Find the best diapers for your baby here.
The Best Sellers Of Changing Pads
We have compiled the most popular changing pads for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Toys should not be missing either! Check out our guide to toys for 1-year-olds.
Current Offers For Changing Pads
Here you will find a selection of current offers for changing mats.
FAQ For Changing Pads
In our guide to changing pads you will find many different models, let yourself be inspired here.
A changing pad must fit the size of the changing table / changing table, it must be made of non-toxic materials and easy to clean.
There is no official indication of how often a changing pad should be changed. However, it should be cleaned from dirt regularly.
As a rule, you do not have to put anything on the changing mat. However, if you want, you can put waterproof or absorbent cloths on it.
Pay attention here to the article description or data of the manufacturer. For changing mats with an edge, the edge always belongs on top and the flat side on the bottom.
The size of the changing mat for home depends on the size of the changing table or the place where the mat should lie. For on the road, the size should be slightly smaller, but in any case, your child must of course fit completely on the changing mat.
For on the go, we recommend a small changing mat that is handy and space-saving. Some variants are integrated into a diaper bag and are therefore considered particularly practical.
More On The Topic
- The 9 best diaper bags – guide
- The 9 best changing pads – guidebook
- The 5 best changing bodys for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best baby changing racks – How to choose
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – How to buy
- The 10 best baby changing backpacks – advice
- The 10 best baby changing tables – How to choose
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best diapers – How to choose
- The best diapers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 best cloth diapers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 best swim diapers for babies – How to guide
- The 10 best diaper bags – guidebook
- The 9 best panty diapers for babies – guidebook