For changing diapers, a changing table is very helpful. It helps especially inexperienced parents who have no experience in this area.
Which variants of changing tables there are and what you have to pay attention to when buying, you will learn in our checklist. You can find a great selection of changing tables in our product recommendations.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of Changing Tables
We have compiled the most popular changing tables for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Changing Tables
- The range of changing tables includes the classic changing chest, the changing table or changing shelf, and the space-saving wall-mounted changing table. The decision depends, among other things, on the space conditions in your home.
- Description: The classic changing table is usually a solid piece of furniture, usually made of wood. It can be a real eye-catcher in the nursery. Common changing chests are 85 cm wide and 75 cm long.
- Advantages: it provides a spacious changing area even for larger babies. In addition, additional shelves provide space for care products. Drawers and compartments provide ample storage space.
- Disadvantages: The massive changing table takes up a relatively large amount of space.
- Description: this changing table is lighter, usually made of plastic and steel tubes. Often these changing tables have casters. Changing tables are about 55 cm wide and 75 cm long.
- Advantages: The design is very space-saving. In addition, the changing table is mobile due to its wheels and can be used flexibly in different places in the apartment. Shelves under the changing surface provide ample storage space.
- Disadvantages: In addition to a smaller changing surface, there is no storage area for care products on the changing table.
- Description: A wall-mounted changing table is attached to the wall at the appropriate height and folds down when needed. Wall-mounted changing tables are usually 65 cm wide and 70 cm long.
- Advantage: It is space-saving and suitable for the smallest living space.
- Disadvantage: The changing area is relatively small, it is essential to ensure sufficient height of the lateral boundaries. In addition, a wall-mounted changing table has no storage space, neither for care products nor for diapers or baby clothes.
- This is simply placed on a table. This is the optimum in space saving. However, storage space and shelf space are missing. Changing tops are about 75 cm wide and 75 cm long.
- When deciding on a purchase, also pay attention to the dimensions. Your baby will be changed several times a day and the changing table should have a height appropriate to your height. The usual height is between 86 and 89 centimeters.
- Besides, your baby grows very fast and needs much more space on the changing table within a few months. He or she will become livelier and move around more. A changing surface that is too small then not only becomes uncomfortable, but can even lead to accidents.
Recommended Changing Tables
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular changing tables.
Tip: You can find practical bike trail ers in our guide to bike trailers.
Current Offers For Changing Tables
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of changing tables.
Tip: You can find nasal aspirators for your baby in our guide to nasal aspirators.
FAQ For Changing Tables
On a changing table belong baby colds, lotion, wet wipes, diapers, trash can and basically everything that is needed when changing diapers.
A child can be changed on the changing table up to the age of 2-3 years. If the child grows larger and heavier, a more stable background is recommended.
A radiant heater should hang between 80 and 100 cm above the changing table. When mounting, care should be taken to ensure a stable installation, as a falling radiant heater can cause serious injuries and burns.
If external injuries are visible or the child behaves differently than usual, a visit to the doctor is recommended.
The size of a changing table depends on the size of the child and the experience with changing diapers. Experienced parents usually need less space.
As soon as a child is too big or too heavy for the changing table, a change should be made to a more stable base. This is usually the case at around 2 years of age.
More On The Topic
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guide
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – Guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Nike baby shoes – guidebook
Toys for kids
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol figures – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The 8 best Lego Duplo farms – guidebook
- The 8 best Playmobil farm sets – guidebook
- The 10 best Schleich Maya the Bee figurines – guidebook
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 15 best Bibi Blocksberg toys – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – guidebook
- The 8 best Polly-Pocket toys – advice
- The 10 best car racetracks – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing arches for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook