When it gets cold, in many strollers you see children lying thickly wrapped in a footmuff. Maybe you wonder if an extra footmuff is really necessary?
Our checklist shows you what to consider when buying a footmuff and what advantages it brings. In addition, the product recommendations will make your decision easier.
- The name footmuff is misleading. Not only the feet are kept warm in it, but the entire body of the child.
- At the latest when the temperatures drop and winter is just around the corner, it makes sense to equip baby car seats and strollers with suitable footmuffs.
- They keep babies warm and protect them from wind and cold.
- The size of footmuffs is given in centimeters. For classification, the age of the child is often used as an aid. However, each child grows individually fast, which is why the length specification is the more reliable specification.
- For children from 12 months , footmuffs from 80 cm to 104 cm are recommended.
- The following sizes are used for babies:
- 1. Month of life: 40 – 50 cm
- 1 – 2 months: 51 – 56 cm.
- 2 – 3 months: 57 – 62 cm
- 4 – 6 months: 63 – 68 cm
- 7 – 9 months: 69 – 74 cm.
- The outer layer of a footmuff is usually made of synthetic materials that are windproof and waterproof.
- The interior differs depending on the model. The inner lining is usually made of fleece, cotton or lambskin.
- Depending on whether the footmuff is intended for winter or summer, the inner lining turns out thicker or thinner.
- In warm temperatures, your child does not need a footmuff in the summer, of course. But if it is not quite so hot, a summer footmuff can protect your baby from wind and moisture.
- Not every footmuff fits every stroller. Manufacturers often make footmuffs to match their strollers.
- However, it does not have to be the manufacturer’s footmuff. As a rule, many other models also fit. You just have to pay attention to compatibility.
Table of contents
Recommended Footmuffs For Babies
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular footbags for babies.
Tip: Many great socks for babies can be found in our The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Foot Bags For Babies
We have compiled the most popular footmuffs for babies for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great swimsuits for babies in our The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – guide.
Current Offers For Footmuff For Baby
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of footbags for babies.
Find The Right Footmuff For You!
Since there is also a large selection of footbags, I want to help you make a decision. Answer my questions and find the perfect footmuff for you!
Footmuff For The Baby Car Seat
You Are Type A!
You want a footmuff that is compatible with all baby car seats. Therefore, the Pebble footmuff from Maxi Cosi and the Eiger footmuff from Babycab are particularly suitable.
Footmuff For The Stroller
You Are Type B!
The footmuff Ammy and Sheepy from Kaiser are particularly suitable for use in any stroller. However, there is still the question of whether you want to use the footmuff mainly in winter, or in summer.
If you want to use the footmuff mainly in the summer, I recommend the summer footmuff “Ammy” from Kaiser. Due to its light cotton fabric, it is ideal for the warmer season. If you want a footmuff for the winter, the footmuff “Sheppy” from Kaiser is the right choice for you. He convinces with its high-quality workmanship the combination of fleece and lambskin, which keeps particularly warm.
Footmuff For Baby Car Seat And Stroller
You Are Type C!
You are pragmatic and want a footmuff that fits in your stroller as well as in the infant carrier.
I recommend the universal footmuff from ByBoom, which convinces with its 2in1 function. It is only ideal for the transitional period as a footmuff, it is also multifunctional. You can also use it as a play blanket, or pad for the road.
How To Find The Right Footmuff
Do You Really Need A Footmuff?
A footmuff for the stroller has many advantages. When the temperatures drop, it guarantees that your child is always cozy and warm. Unlike a blanket, the footmuff can not slip so quickly. This is especially advantageous when your child is already a little more active. The footmuff can be attached to the stroller with straps and thus you save the constant pulling and picking up.
In addition to its comfort, a footmuff for the infant carrier also fulfills an important safety function . For your child to be safe in the car, the straps must always fit snugly against the body, which is quite difficult with thick winter jackets. With the footmuff, on the other hand, the straps are guided through extra slits. So the straps are tight and yet your child is under the warming footmuff.
FAQ About The Footmuff
Primarily, you associate footbags with winter, as it’s there to make sure your child doesn’t freeze as quickly. So you should choose thicker and cozy materials, such as fleece, to keep your child warm on the go.
Footmuffs are also practical, as the lining can be removed – in case it is warmer than expected. In sub-zero temperatures, however, your child needs a little more protection to prevent hypothermia. Lambskin is a classic that is very popular among parents, as it is made in such a way that it reliably insulates body heat.
A footmuff can also be useful in the summer, when it is still a bit cooler or windier in the morning. In a thin footmuff made of cotton, your child does not have to freeze, nor sweat.
This is the first and the most important question, because there are different models for both the stroller and the infant carrier. For the baby car seat, the number of slots is essential so that your child can safely ride in the car. The footmuff should have as many slots as the harness system of your infant carrier. For a baby car seat with a 5-point harness system, the footmuff must also have 5 slots.
When choosing the right footmuff, the size of your child is of course decisive. But it must also be compatible with the stroller or infant carrier for which it will be used.
There are footmuffs for every season. If it is overcast, windy or rainy in the summer, a summer footmuff will provide cozy warmth for your baby. In the colder months you should then slowly switch to a thicker lined winter footmuff.
There is no minimum age for the use of a footmuff. You can use a footmuff from birth. There are sizes from the 1st month of life to the 4th year of life. You can find out how to find the right size in our checklist.
Again, there is no rule as to when you should stop using a footmuff. It depends on the time of year and how warm your child feels. As soon as the children walk, they would rather not use a footmuff.
More On The Topic
Clothing for babies
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 7 most beautiful baby first sets – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Nike baby shoes – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – Advice
- The 10 best footmuffs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 8 best bassinets for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best baby monitors with camera – guidebook
Children in the home
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best safety gates for stairs – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for cribs – How to guide
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – guidebook