You can’t breastfeed or give breast milk to your baby for various reasons? No problem, because pre-milk is a great substitute. It contains important nutrients as well as proteins, fats and carbohydrates. In addition, you can choose between different preparations.
Our checklist tells you everything you need to know about pre-milk. We have summarized a great selection of pre-milk varieties for you in our product recommendations.
- Pre-milk, starter milk or infant formula is suitable for your baby.
- Up to the age of 6 months as a complete food and breast milk alternative.
- From the age of 6 months until the second year of life as complementary food in combination with other age-appropriate foods.
- Check the composition of the pre-milk before buying. It consists of the following ingredients:
- Protein (for example, from cow’s milk, goat’s milk or soy)
- Milk sugar (lactose) as a carbohydrate
- Fats (mostly vegetable oils)
- Nutrients (vitamins, minerals, trace elements)
- Infant or starter milk has a similar composition to pre-milk, but may contain starch.
- On the package you will find a list of all ingredients, sorted in descending order according to their percentage by weight.
- You can see from the nutritional information whether the calorie amount and nutrient composition meet your expectations.
- You have the choice between two preparation options: ready-to-drink and powder.
- Ready to drink: You heat this type of pre-milk and fill it into a baby bottle.
- Powder: To prepare it, you first have to boil water, let it cool down a bit and stir in a certain amount of powder.
- To support the development of intestinal flora, some pre-milk varieties have prebiotics (GOS and FOS) and probiotics (for example, bifidobacteria) added.
- For babies from allergic families, hypoallergenic pre-AH foods are intended, which contain as few allergy-causing ingredients as possible.
Table of contents
Recommended Pre-Milk Varieties
We have compiled the best and most interesting pre-milk varieties. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You don’t want your doll to always wear the same outfit? Then check out great doll clothes here.
The Best Sellers Of Pre-Milk Varieties
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular pre-milk varieties for you.
Tip: A fixed changing table is not always practical. Find great mobile changing tables here.
Current Offers Of Pre-Milk
You can find the best current offers on pre-milk varieties in this list.
FAQ For Pre-Milk
Pre milk can be used as long as it suits the individual. Follow-up milk is not a must, so you can give Pre Milk until the bottle phase is over. In case of doubt, however, the manufacturer’s instructions and product information should be taken into account.
Pre milk should have high-quality ingredients and at best also counteract allergy developments. We have compared pre-milks from different manufacturers and summarized the best products in our guide.
Prepared pre-milk should be consumed as quickly as possible so that germs do not collect in it. The milk should be drunk within 24 hours, otherwise you should rather pour it away. Sometimes you can find information about this in the manufacturer’s instructions.
There are several good types of pre-milk. We have collected the best and listed the 6 best types in our guide.
More On The Topic
- The 16 best complementary foods for babies – guidebook
- The 7 best baby porridge varieties – guidebook
- The 10 best varieties of squeezies – guidebook
- The 9 best diapers – How to
- The 10 best changing tables – How to
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – How to guide
- The 9 best diaper bags – guidebook
- The 9 best changing pads – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby strollers – guidebook
- The 10 best 3-in-1 strollers – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – How to
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding caps – advice
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook