Especially in summer you would like to sit in the garden or on the terrace longer in the evening. But who knows the German weather conditions , knows that it often gets fresh very quickly. This does not have to be longer! With a radiant heater for the terrace, you can still sit on the terrace after dark , because it will warm .
However, in order for you to choose a powerful radiant heater , we have created a suitable checklist for you, which informs you about all the important aspects. Don’t forget to take a look at our product recommendations . These show you different radiant heaters in different price ranges.
- Here are mostly used gas radiant heaters, which are more flexible than electric models. A gas cylinder of up to 11 kg supplies the radiant heater with energy. This is much cheaper than variants that require an electrical connection . The power of gas radiant heaters is specified in KW. Devices with 2.7 to 4.6 KW are suitable for garages, tents or other semi-open spaces. For operation on larger areas or the terrace you should choose a radiant heater with at least 12 watts. Make sure that the heater has an integrated gas pressure regulator . This is the only way to ensure a constant output.
- Gas-powered radiant heaters should never be used indoors . The gas can lead to an increased lack of oxygen , so that there is an acute danger of suffocation . Always place the heater on a flat surface to prevent it from tipping over.
- Electric radiant heaters are primarily used indoors . However, there are also models that can be connected to the natural gas line or run on pellets . Here, too, the power is specified in KW . An electric radiant heater should be able to provide 100 to 150 watts per square meter. You have the choice between devices for standing up or for wall or ceiling mounting. In addition, there are so-called infrared and dark radiators
- With infrared radiators, the air is not heated, but the waves generate heat when they hit the skin. This is usually perceived as very pleasant. Infrared radiant heaters are noiseless and odorless. Dark radiators do not emit red light , which has a much more noble effect.
- At the touch of a button and without any preheating , your baby will be pampered with the perfect temperature while changing diapers. The heat area here is only about 3 m², as concentration on the changing table is desired. The rest of the room is not heated and retains its comfortable temperature. Fan heaters for babies do not whirl up dust and there is also no draught.
Table of contents
Recommended Radiant Heaters
We have compiled the best and most interesting radiant heaters. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the 7 best outdoor heaters.
The Best Sellers Of Radiant Heaters
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular radiant heaters for you.
Tip: Find out more about the best power generatorsin this guide.
Current Offers Of Radiant Heaters
You can find the best current offers of radiant heaters in this list.
FAQ About Radiant Heaters
What is a radiant heater?
The radiant heater works in principle like a heater and can be placed outdoors or indoors. Some models are suitable for standing, while others can be mounted on the wall or ceiling.
What does a radiant heater cost?
A high-quality radiant heater can easily cost up to 200 euros. Take a look at our product recommendations. There we have listed many different radiant heaters for you.
How warm is it under a radiant heater?
Depending on the model, the radiant heater can heat up to a temperature of 900 degrees. However, these are usually infrared radiant heaters.
What is the difference between a radiant heater and a fan heater?
The two devices differ in that the fan heater has a fan through which the warm air is distributed in the room. In the case of the radiant heater, on the other hand, the heat is transmitted via infrared radiation.
Which radiant heaters are suitable for outdoor use?
For outdoor use, gas radiant heaters are usually used. These can be placed more flexibly and are also usually cheaper than electric radiant heaters. The gas bottle, which is needed for the use, weighs about 11 kilograms. Such a model should never be placed in closed rooms, as there is a danger of suffocation!
Which heaters are suitable for indoor use?
You can use electric radiant heaters for indoors. These usually generate heat via infrared rays and ensure an even distribution of heat in the room. In addition, they work almost silently and therefore do not represent a disturbing factor in the house.
How powerful should a radiant heater be?
A radiant heater with about 12 watts is well suited for the terrace, while an electric radiant heater should have up to 150 watts.
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best jackhammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best sledge hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 6 best hammer drills – guidebook
- The 7 best demolition hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – How to
- The 8 best line finders – guidebook
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook
- The 15 best power generators – How to
- The 7 best angle grinders – Guidebook
- The 8 best splitting axes – How to guide
- The 7 best vices – guidebook
- The 8 best chop saws – guidebook
- The 7 best sets of grub screws – advice
- The 7 best flat nose pliers – Advisor
- The 6 best torque wrenches – guidebook