Drinking cups are a super intermediate solution for the transition from bottle to cup. Different models are offered, such as sippy cups, which are more similar to the bottle or 360° variants. This gives you the opportunity to adapt the sippy cup to the individual needs of your child.
Our checklist and product recommendations will help you decide and advise you to find the best sippy cup for you and your child.
- You can find models that are suitable for children as young as 6 months. Others are aimed at children from 9 or even 12 months.
- Always pay attention to the individual age recommendation of the manufacturer.
- The drinking cups should be absolutely leak-proof so that nothing can leak out even if the cup is held crooked. Especially if the cup is to be used on the go (e.g. while walking), it is important that it is leak-proof.
- Solid workmanship is also important to ensure that the cup will not be damaged if it is dropped or if children bite into the material with their first teeth.
- For hygienic cleaning, it is important that the cup can be easily disassembled and cleaned. The valves must be able to dry well after cleaning so that germs do not form.
- Plastic should be BPA-free.
- There are models (e.g. from Munchkin Miracle) that are also recommended by dentists.
- Drinking cups are available in a wide variety of models with an average capacity of 200 ml.
- So-called 360-degree models come very close to a normal cup. Here, the child can put its lips to the cup from all sides and drink from it.
- Models in the design of a classic sippy cup are also very popular.
- Many sippy cups have side handles that make it easier for the child to hold the cup. In some models, the handles can also be turned and removed if the child can also hold the cup very well in his or her own hands.
- A scale that shows how much the child has already drunk is practical. A corresponding viewing window is also very practical and shows you when the cup is empty and needs to be refilled. So you do not have to open the lid every time.
- Drinking cups are also available as a set. There are practical eating and drinking-learning sets, which contain not only a drinking-learning cup, but also a feeding spoon and eating-learning bowl. Such a set is offered by NUK, for example.
- A practical extra for your cup is a clip, with which the cup can be attached to the bag or clothing, for example.
Table of contents
Recommended Drinking Cups
Here you can find the top 8 most popular sippy cups.
Tip: Here you can find the best toilet trainers for your child.
The Best Sellers Of Sippy Cups
We have compiled the most popular drinking cups for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Great variants for children’s room design you can find in our guide for children’s wallpaper
Current Offers For Drinking Mug
Here you will find a selection of current offers in the area of drinking mugs.
FAQ For Sippy Cups
Which drinking cup is suitable from which age varies depending on the design. Most manufacturers give an age recommendation from 6 or 8 months. You should therefore take the manufacturer’s information into account
First of all, you should make the sippy cup interesting and exciting. In the beginning, you can offer your child an unfilled cup, for example. Then you can show him or her how to drink. Just drink from the cup yourself. Many children imitate what their parents or big siblings do anyway, so this is a very effective method. Go slowly and patiently
NUK sippy cups are highly recommended. Your child has the possibility to drink everywhere on the rim of the cup and still nothing leaks out when tipping over. You are sure to find the right one in our product recommendations.
A learn-to-drink cup is intended to teach children to drink independently and is a first step towards using glasses, cups and mugs. However, since the latter have a very large opening, the first drinking attempts are usually not very satisfying. A learn-to-drink cup has a special mouthpiece and often also handles
It takes a certain amount of time for a child to get used to a cup from a bottle. Learning to drink cups are helpful in this process, as they make the transition easier. They are therefore an interim solution and are offered in different variations.
More On The Topic
Accessories for toddlers
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best child seats for the car – Guidebook
- The 9 best diapers – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – How to
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – How to guide
- The 10 best changing tables – How to
- The 9 best diaper bags – How to
- The 6 best toilet trainers – guidebook
- The 8 best baby walkers for toddlers – guidebook
- The 13 best baby walkers for girls – guidebook
- The 6 best baby walkers for toddlers – guidebook
- The 9 best playpens for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best safety gates for staircases – advice
- The 10 best door safety gates – guidebook
- The 8 best baby crib safety gates – How to guide
- The 9 best baby strollers – How to
- The 15 best educational toys for children – guidebook
- The 20 best toys from 1 year – Guidebook