Are you looking for a crawling roll for your baby or do you want to know if crawling rolls are useful at all? Then you’ve come to the right place: Our guide will give you all the information you need to make a decision today. One thing in advance: crawling rollers are a great toy because they promote motor skills and bring great fun.
Our checklist provides you with an overview of the use, design and materials used, and below you will find helpful product recommendations.
- As soon as your baby starts to crawl , you can give him the crawling roll to play with.
- This is the case from the 6th month.
- The toy is designed to encourage crawling and develop motor skills.
- Some crawling rolls resemble firm pillows. They are filled with absorbent cotton.
- Others have an inflatable core made of plastic and are covered with a sleeve.
- You can quickly fold an inflatable roll to save space and take it with you.
- Sometimes a carrying bag is included.
- There are colorful, but also somewhat more discreet designs.
- The roll or the cover is usually made of different types of fabric with varied structures that invite you to feel and explore.
- Often it is also provided with an application . This can be a funny bear or rabbit face with rustling ears.
- Other play elements such as a teething ring, mirror or stuffed animal, which may even make squeaking noises when pressed, are attached with Velcro fasteners and can be removed.
- Small rolls have a length of 30 cm and larger ones of over 50 cm.
- Materials such as cotton or polyester are used for the crawling roll.
- The fabrics and plastics used should be free of harmful substances.
- Look for the CE mark. It says that the manufacturer has met the minimum requirements for the children’s toy.
- Even more important, however, is the GS mark, because it shows you that the safety has also been independently tested.
- A crawling roll is often in use and can quickly become dirty. Therefore, the roll or the cover should be machine washable.
- Some products do not meet this requirement. They should only be wiped with a damp cloth.
- However, this is not a problem with a roll that is made exclusively of washable plastic.
Table of contents
Recommended Crawling Rolls For Babies
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular crawling rolls for babies.
Tip: You are looking for a good playpen? No problem, here you can find our guide on the subject of playpens.
The Best Sellers Of Crawling Rolls For Babies
We have compiled the most popular crawling rolls for babies for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Here you can find the right learning tower for your child.
Current Offers For Crawling Rolls For Babies
Here you will find a selection of current offers for crawling rolls for babies.
FAQ About Crawling Rolls
First and foremost, a crawling roll is meant for playing, so your child will not learn to crawl by using it. However, the roll can motivate your child to crawl and, thanks to little extras such as a special feel, it can also promote motor skills, e.g. grasping. Your child can lie on its stomach in front of the crawling roller and/or crawl and sit – depending on individual development.
A crawling roll is generally suitable from the 6th month of life, depending on the individual development of the child.
Crawling rolls are quite useful, because they are usually very exciting for children and can thus playfully train various skills, including motor skills. However, the crawling roll alone will not help your child learn to crawl. First and foremost, it is meant for play.
Generally, what is safe and fun is allowed. You will notice when your child becomes interested in other things.
There are different types of crawling rollers, some are characterized by different stumps that can be felt. Other crawling rollers can also play music, among other things. Pay attention to the individual development of the child and the manufacturer’s specifications, then you will find the appropriate version. By the way: We have written a guide on the subject, in which you will get detailed information on the subject and helpful product recommendations.
More On The Topic
Running and crawling
- The 14 most beautiful leather crawling shoes
- The 10 best crawling tights
- The 10 best crawling shoes for babies
- The 9 best crawling tunnels for kids
- The 9 best playpens for babies
- The 13 best walker shoes for girls
- The 6 best baby walkers for toddlers
- The 8 best baby walkers for toddlers
- More good baby walkers for toddlers