Puzzle mats are already for the very young a soft surface to play on. Later, with increasing age, the depicted motifs become interesting. In addition, your child can build houses, caves or other things. There are no limits to the fun of playing.
Our checklist shows you the most important features that a puzzle mat should have and the top 10 recommendations can be found below. Have fun!
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Puzzle Mats
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular puzzle mats for you.
Checklist For Puzzle Mats
- Babies as young as about 6 months can play on puzzle mats and lie comfortably on the cushioned surface.
- The puzzle factor then becomes more interesting as they get older.
- Classically, puzzle mats are colorfully designed and have numbers and letters on the individual elements, each of which can be separated out and puzzled together again.
- Modern variants are also available in plainer colored designs and with animal motifs.
- Other models have similar motifs to play rugs. With them, different streets can be puzzled together again and again.
- The puzzle mats are made of individual foam sheets that are 1 to 1.4 cm thick.
- It is important that the material is free of harmful substances, because your baby will of course come into direct contact with the material.
- TÜV certificates provide security with regard to the harmlessness of the material.
- In addition, the material should be very robust and tear-resistant , so that your child can not accidentally tear off something and swallow it in the worst case.
- By arranging the different puzzle pieces, not only the hand-eye coordination is promoted, but also the motor skills.
- From a certain age, children can lay patterns, shapes or other images, which additionally stimulates imagination and creativity.
Recommended Puzzle Mats
We have compiled the best and most interesting puzzle mats. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
- CHIC EUROPEAN DESIGN – this baby floor mat adds to your home décor, not ruins it. Elegant gender-neutral colors (white, grey, navy blue) and minimalistic forest design make your nursery Scandinavian cozy.
- EXTRA LARGE FOAM PLAYMAT for babies consists of 9 foam squares 24x24 Inches each – 4 times the size of standard tiles. 12 edge pieces complete the set. The foam mat is perfect for crawling, playing, home yoga, fitness, and for outdoor usage.
- +20% THICKER & SOFTER baby mat for floor is made of 0.47 Inch cm high-quality EVA material. Thanks to secure interlocking teeth the tiles fit together tightly providing a comfortable cushion on hard and cold floors. The baby foam play mat is waterproof and easy to clean with a damp cloth and soap.
- 100% SAFE & ODORLESS – baby playmat is certified by an independent testing agency. Hakuna Matte floor mat for baby is free of Formamide, BPA, Phthalates, and PVC and meet all US, UK, and EU toy safety standards.
- DESIGNED IN GERMANY – we offer 30-day free returns and a 2-year warranty for our superior quality play mats for babies and toddlers. Our puzzle piece floor mat comes in recyclable cardboard packaging, which is a more sustainable alternative to a standard plastic wrap.
- PLAY MAT COVER AREA: 87CM x 172 CM( ±1CM) / (35 inch* 69 inch (±1 inch))
- SAFE FOAM MAT -- BPA Free, Phthalate Free, Lead Free. MQIAOHAM Play Mat is made from soft, safe, durable foam. It's Non-Toxic and Meet the US and Europe regulated safety standards.
- THICK SOFT PLAY MAT -- The thickness is 1cm (0.4 inch), strong flexibility and durability. Perfect for Floor Protection, Exercise, Yoga, Playroom.
- GREAT JOYS ON PUZZLE PLAY MAT: The foam mat's tiles all feature shapes and bright primary color puzzle pieces that grab kids' attention and spark their interest. It could help with the development of Kids' Imagination and hand-eye coordination.
- NOTE:Our products can't puzzle with other shops'.
Tip: No more paint on the floor or walls! Discover the great water painting mats from Aqua Doodle.
Current Offers Of Puzzle Mats
You can find the best current offers on puzzle mats in this list.
Tip: Find the best craft sets for kids here.
FAQ About Puzzle Mats
Puzzle mats are safe if the material is free of harmful substances and very tear-resistant.
Various puzzle mats are suitable for babies. In our product recommendations you will surely find what you are looking for.
There are many good puzzle mats. Our checklist will tell you what makes a good puzzle mat.
Cheap puzzle mats are already available from about 15 euros.
A puzzle mat is a playing surface that consists of individual foam elements. These can be put together again and again.
There is usually no age limit for a puzzle mat. Even when your baby is still lying under the play arch, a puzzle mat can serve as a soft base. However, it is only really played with from about 1 to 2 years.
You can imagine a puzzle mat as a giant, soft puzzle. So it is assembled and can then be used as a carpet or for building.
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 12 to 18 months – guidebook
- The 11 best wooden building blocks – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden toys for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best bath toys for babies – guidebook
- The 8 best play arches for babies – guidebook
- The top 9 3D wooden puzzles from Robotime – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden knight castles for children
- The 8 best wooden marble runs – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy stores – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden play kitchens – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – Guidebook
- The 12 best wooden toys for children – Guidebook
- The 8 best dollhouses in wood – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden doll’s cradles – Guidebook