Breastfeeding fashion does not have to be just boring and practical. Nowadays there are numerous nursing dresses, which bring utility and design in harmony. Whether you prefer colorful patterns or simple or muted colors – imagination knows no bounds. Of course, it is still important that you feel comfortable and not constricted. Therefore, you should pay attention to a stretchy material when buying among other things.
What you should also consider, shows you our checklist . Here we have summarized all the important information about nursing dresses for you. In our product recommendations you will also find many other great nursing dresses.
- The feel-good factor is strongly influenced by the material.
- A nursing dress made of pure cotton is also suitable for sensitive skin.
- Cotton is breathable and very easy to clean.
- Cotton stretches and adapts to your body.
- There are also nursing dresses made of a mix of materials or synthetic fabrics.
- Synthetic fabrics are often cheaper.
- With these models you can work even more with stretch content.
- A high stretch content improves the fit.
- Special nursing dresses have built-in openings for breastfeeding.
- Look to see if the openings are on the sides of the breasts.
- There are also models with openings under the bust.
- Some dresses have a larger neckline, so you can pull the fabric down at the neckline.
- Make sure the fit is comfortable.
- If nursing dresses are too tight, you won’t be able to stretchthe fabric well for breastfeeding.
- Nursing dresses that are too loose can potentially show too much skin unintentionally, depending on the cut.
- When choosing a size, keep in mind that breastfeeding can increase your bust size.
- Nursing dresses are available in different designs.
- Differences are already noticeable, for example, in the length. There are short dresses up to the thighs, medium-length variants up to the knees and long variants up to the ankles.
- You can find tighter or wider cut models.
- Some designs are kept in plain colors.
- Other models have a bright mix of colors or large patterns.
- There are also dresses for special occasions, such as attending a wedding or a shooting.
- During breastfeeding, stains on clothing are not uncommon.
- Pay attention to the care instructions.
- It is good if the nursing dress can be cleaned in the machine.
- Care is also simplified if it can be put in the dryer.
- Models for hand washing bring an increased effort.
Table of contents
Recommended Nursing Dresses For Mothers
Tip: Here you can find the best nursing bras
The Best Sellers Of Nursing Dresses For Mothers
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular nursing dresses for moms for you.
Tip: To make sure you are perfectly styled during pregnancy, you can check out the best maternity jackets here.
Current Offers Of Nursing Dresses For Mothers
Here you will find a collection of the current offers of nursing dresses for mothers.
Nursing Dress Advice
Which nursing dress suits me?
Most of my recommendations are wearable for different occasions and transform with the right accessories from a beautiful everyday dress to an elegant evening outfit. Therefore, the main question here is, would you rather have a long nursing dress or rather a practical short one?
You would rather have a short nursing dress?
You are type A!
Type A prefers short practical dresses that can also be worn super in the office or become a cool party outfit with the right accessories. Of course, it is also generally a matter of taste and the closet equipment already purchased. For you, the Happy Mama layered design, the Zeta Ville women’s nursing dress and the nursing dress from Tornelle come into question.
I personally love clothes that are comfortable and casual, but at the same time have a special detail, like the special layered look of the Happy Mama nursing dress. It’s great to wear on spring days, or in the fall and winter with leggings or tights. The dress is available in several muted color combinations.
The nursing dress is suitable even during pregnancy, although possibly a safety pin on the belly should hold the two layers of the dress together. The breastfeeding function is particularly practical. One layer of the dress folds away and also serves as a privacy shield, as it provides enough room to easily place it over your baby’s head. A very elegant solution, where not only is the fabric simply pushed aside, but it also serves as a privacy screen, much like a nursing shawl.
The maternity and nursing dress from Zeta Ville is also particularly suitable for fancier occasions. Its cut corresponds to the classic empire look and thus suits almost every woman. Due to the cut and the soft, flowing fabric, the dress conceals quite wonderfully the remnants of the baby bump. The top of the dress consists of two layers, which are simply pushed apart for breastfeeding, thus exposing the chest. The dress is available in a variety of colors and patterns, so there is something for every occasion – for example, as a little black or a cheerful summer dress with floral pattern.
The Tornelle nursing dress has a slim shape, but due to its elastic fabric it also adapts to the baby bump during pregnancy. The nursing dress is available in different interesting patterns, from summer look to serious business look. For breastfeeding, simply pull up the top half of the top. The breastfeeding function is very unobtrusive and the dress can be worn as a beautiful outfit long after breastfeeding.
You would rather have a maxi nursing dress?
You are type B!
You prefer a casual but always chic maxi dress that can also be worn to festivities. For you, the Esprit Maternity Maxi nursing dress and the long Happy Mama 2in1 maternity and nursing dress are just right.
The Esprit Maternity Women’s Maxi Nursing Dress
The nursing dress from Esprit has a fresh summery look and makes a good impression even with a baby bump. The nursing dress has two layers of fabric in the chest area that can be pulled apart to breastfeed discreetly, no matter where you are. The maxi nursing dress by Esprit is a perfect summer dress with a comfortable airy fabric. The beautiful detail on the back makes the dress additionally a great eye-catcher.
The beautiful wrap dress is available in different colors and patterns. Especially in plain colors, the nursing dress gives off a great figure not only in everyday life, but also on festive occasions. The variants in floral print, on the other hand, make everyone feel summer. The clever wrap look not only hides the practical breastfeeding function of the dress, but also gives the nursing dress a special and elegant touch.
Due to its empire style cut, the dress is not only perfect for growing baby bumps, but also cleverly conceals the remaining belly after birth. Because mothers should feel comfortable in their skin all around.
Nursing Dress Info
Why do I need a nursing dress?
A nursing dress, as well as a nursing bra or nursing top makes your everyday life much easier. You would otherwise have to either pull up your top, or even take it off completely when your baby is hungry. This is not only impractical on the road, but also unnecessarily complicated at home.
Meanwhile, there is also a large and great selection of beautiful nursing dresses, most of which can also be used during pregnancy as a maternity dress. Most of them you do not even see from the outside that they offer such a practical way to breastfeed, so they are suitable not only for everyday life, but also for more festive occasions.
Moreover, a nursing dress is more than practical not only for direct breastfeeding. Many young mothers resume work and pump milk during their lunch break. Even if they do this in an extra room, it is still more comfortable not to undress at work, but only to pull a piece of fabric from the nursing dress to the side.
FAQ About Nursing Dresses
A nursing dress can be worn after the birth of your baby. It basically looks like a typical women’s dress, but has integrated openings at the chest so you can breastfeed your child.
It is best to buy a nursing dress at the end of your pregnancy. Because then you know approximately what size dress you have in the breastfeeding period. If you fluctuate two sizes, you should choose the larger one. A nursing dress should in no case be constricting, but sit comfortably.
The nursing dress should sit as comfortably as possible, so that it does not constrict you. Therefore, it is important that the material is elastic. Cotton is therefore well suited, because this fabric adapts to the body. Alternatively, you can choose a mix of synthetic materials.
Many nursing dresses have a larger and especially stretchy neckline, which you can therefore pull down for breastfeeding. Some nursing dresses also have special openings, which are firmly integrated into the nursing dress.
Apart from the integrated openings, nursing dresses hardly differ from normal dresses. Therefore, they come in many different colors and patterns. You can also purchase shorter or longer cut dresses. Choose a dress that suits you and your style. If you have an important occasion coming up soon, you can also buy a suitable dress for it
Basically, you should first follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Here it is stated exactly whether the nursing dress is suitable for the washing machine. Models that are decorated with pearls or stones, for example, can only be washed by hand, otherwise they will probably come loose.
That depends entirely on whether you are looking for a “normal” everyday dress or a nursing dress for a special occasion. Cheaper dresses can be purchased for as little as 20 euros. Elaborately made dresses, on the other hand, can cost up to 70 euros.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best pregnancy pillows – guidebook
- The 10 best pregnancy bras – guidebook
- The 11 best pregnancy books for men – guidebook
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best nursing bras – How to guide
- The 10 best maternity jackets for pregnant women – guidebook
- The 10 best maternity jeans for pregnant women – guidebook
- The 10 best maternity dresses for pregnant women – Guidebook
- The 10 best nursing caps – Guidebook
- The 10 best nursing pads – Advice
- The 10 best breastfeeding shawls – How to
- The 10 best nursing shirts for mothers – guidebook
- The 8 best gauze diaper sets for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best cloth diapers for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best panty diapers for babies – guidebook
- The best products for baby care – guidebook
- The 9 best baby care sets – guidebook
- The 10 best wet wipes – How to
- The 9 best diaper bags – guidebook
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies – Guidebook
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies – guidebook
- The 6 best baby bottle warmers – guidebook
- The 7 best baby bottles – guidebook