A birth is a special appointment, but still, no one likes to be in the hospital. It is, therefore, all the more important that you choose the right hospital bag and do not get into stress, at least when it comes to luggage.
Our checklist will help you choose the right hospital bag for the birth of your baby and our product recommendations will follow. So you can choose your hospital bag today and prepare for all luggage-related eventualities.
- Some models are offered specifically as a hospital bag , but usually it is a spacious weekender from the luggage range.
- The amount of space should depend on how long you will be out of the house.
- As a delivery room bag or for an outpatient birth, a weekender is very suitable.
- A larger bag (e.g. sports bag) is fine if your stay at the clinic will last several days.
- In general, the hospital bag should always have enough space for the basic equipment – consisting mainly of clothing and hygiene items.
- Personal feel-good accessories (e.g. your own pillow) should also find room, depending on your needs.
- The hospital bag should always be chosen large enough to fit everything in one bag – it is better to enter the hospital room with little luggage.
- A volume of 30-35 liters is a good orientation.
- Larger models, however, often offer 40 or 50 liters of storage space.
- As an alternative to the bag, a compact board luggage trolley with wheels can also be used.
- It makes sense if the bag has a practical compartmentalization – so everything is organized and easy to find.
- Some hospital bags come with accessories such as extra shoe bag or a padded compartment for laptop or tablet.
- Handle bags should also come with a shoulder strap, which makes it easier to carry.
- A separate document compartment (e.g. a mesh pocket or a quick-access pocket) is practical for organizing a maternity passport, medical card, marriage certificate and the like.
- Some models have expansion zippers, so the volume and thus the storage space can be increased even more if necessary.
- A water-repellent wet pocket can prove very practical in everyday baby life.
- Special diaper bags come directly with practical baby accessories such as bottle holder, changing mat or glass bottle holder.
- It is practical if the bag has a stroller attachment.
- A chic design makes a clinic bag a fashionable accessory.
- Thus, the clinic bag can still be used after the birth – whether as a diaper bag or travel bag.
Table of contents
Recommended Clinic Bags
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular clinic bags.
Tip: For information on respirators and the best models, check out this respirator guide.
The Best Sellers Of Clinic Bags
We have compiled the most popular clinic bags for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical nursing nightgowns in our guide to nursing nightgowns
Current Offers For Clinic Bags
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Clinique Bags section.
More On The Topic
Comfortable and stress-free breastfeeding
- The 10 best nursing pillows for babies
- The 10 best nursing pads
- The 10 best nursing caps
- The 10 best nursing shirts for mothers
- The 11 best nursing sweaters for mothers
- The 9 best baby bottles
- The 9 best breast pumps
- The 9 best nursing dresses for mothers
- The best products for baby care
- The 10 best diaper bags
- The 9 best diaper bags
- The 7 best mobile changing tables
- The 9 best baby care sets