Pregnancy bras are now part of the basic equipment of almost every pregnant person. And for good reasons! They offer relief and adapt to the growth of your breast. But what should you look out for?
We show you the most important criteria in our checklist and also present products directly to you. This way you can make your pregnancy as comfortable as possible.
- Pregnancy bras can be purchased in the usual cup size, because the changes in the course of pregnancy are compensated by the bra.
- To accommodate the rapidly changing body shape during pregnancy, some pregnancy bras have included extensions. This supports breast growth of up to three cup sizes.
- When choosing a pregnancy bra, it is recommended to make sure that seams do not constrict the breast. As soon as the milk is formed during breastfeeding, such constrictions can lead to painful milk congestion and thus to breast inflammation.
- Models with a built-in underwire should be avoided to prevent constriction and milk congestion.
- If you are starting your pregnancy with larger breasts, you should choose a pregnancy bra with wide straps. This allows the added weight to be distributed comfortably.
- Thanks to their high comfort, pregnancy bras can be worn both during the day and at night.
- Ideal for the requirements of pregnancy and lactation is cotton fabric. This can be easily cleaned in the washing machine at up to 90°C, which is a hygiene advantage.
- Since the baby will have contact with the pregnancy bra during breastfeeding and the fabric will be worn against the skin throughout the day, care should be taken to ensure that it has an eco-quality seal that guarantees it is free of harmful substances.
- Cotton also scores in terms of breathability, because during the breastfeeding period there may be increased sweating due to the hormonal situation. A cotton pregnancy bra then creates a pleasant climate on the skin.
- Pregnancy bras with breastfeeding closure can also be worn comfortably during breastfeeding. Here, attention should be paid to a smooth-running clip closure at the top of the cup, which can be opened and closed with just one hand.
- Some pregnancy bras have an insert pocket for additional padding to prevent nipple marks.
- These can be replaced with nursing pads during breastfeeding to create maximum hygiene.
- Wrap design pregnancy bras offer ideal breastfeeding function and even come without a clip closure.
Table of contents
Recommended Pregnancy Bras
We have compiled the best and most interesting pregnancy bras. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Unfortunately, the household does not sleep: check out our guide to grout scrapers.
The Best Sellers Of Pregnancy Bras
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular pregnancy bras for you.
Tip: For the bigger kids, you’re sure to find something in our guide to soccer shoes.
Current Offers Of Pregnancy Bras
Find the best current deals on pregnancy bras in this list.
FAQ For Pregnancy Bra
As soon as your everyday bra becomes too tight, you should buy a pregnancy bra
As a rule, most women buy one cup size larger
You should make sure that the bra fits comfortably
A pregnancy bra offers you relief during pregnancy, because it can adapt to the growth of the breast and is made of very soft, stretchy material
It is advisable to get such a bra, as noticeable breast growth is to be expected. If a bra is to be worn, pregnancy or nursing bras are recommended here.
If you choose a pregnancy bra, it should adapt to your growing breasts. It is therefore advisable to initially choose the regular size
More On The Topic
Around the baby
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 7 most beautiful first baby sets – guidebook