Coloring books not only promote the child’s concentration but also creativity and motor skills. Moreover, coloring books are incredibly fun! Learn everything you need to know about coloring books for kids.
We have not only written a checklist with the most important criteria for coloring books for children, but also compiled many product recommendations for you.
- Coloring books are available for different ages and now adults as well.
- Coloring books for toddlers contain large motifs with thick lines that are easy to color. They have a smaller format adapted to the toddler and are designed primarily to develop the child’s motor skills.
- Coloring books for children contain more detailed motifs, train creativity and improve fine motor skills.
- Coloring books for adults often contain intricate designs with lots of detail, which are intended to help the child relax while coloring.
- A paper thickness of 120g/m² is recommended for coloring books so that> no paint is transferred to the page behind it when coloring.
- Some coloring books have perforated pages to make it easier to tear out and hang up the colored pictures.
- There are countless different motifs and variations of coloring books. The most common are animals and vehicles. So your child has the chance to rediscover many animals and different vehicles
- Some coloring books contain motifs of famous movie characters. This guarantees a lot of fun for your child
- Coloring books stimulate the creativity of your child and the motor skills are playfully promoted. Thus, coloring books are a good alternative to movies and series
- While your child has a lot of fun, he gets to know many new animals and vehicles
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Coloring Books
Here you can find the top 13 children’s coloring books.
Tip: You can find the best Tonie Reagle in our guide for Tonie shelves
The Best Sellers For Coloring Books
We have compiled the most popular storybooks for children for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: The best 9 children’s stories can be found in our guide to children’s stories
Current Offers For Coloring Books For Children
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Fairy Tale Books section.
FAQ About Coloring Books
Coloring books are offered from 1 year and for different ages. However, there is no general answer to the question of when a child can start coloring in a coloring book. As soon as the child can hold a pencil in his or her hand and shows interest in drawing, an age-appropriate coloring book is suitable for promoting motor skills.
Many different types of pencils are suitable for coloring books. Depending on preference and paper thickness, markers, felt-tip pens, colored pencils, fineliners, gel pens, wax crayons or chalk pens can be used for coloring. Crayons are more suitable for thinner paper, as felt tip pens can often bleed through onto the underlying sheet. For smaller children, crayons and wax crayons are especially recommended because they are easy to handle and can be used with variable pressure levels.
According to the recommendations, children are ready for a coloring book from the age of 3. Some children are also ready earlier. The important thing is that a coloring book is appropriate for the child’s age.
More On The Topic
Coloring And Crafts
- The 10 best “paint by numbers” sets – guidebook
- The best craft supplies for children – guidebook
- The 15 best craft sets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Play-Doh modeling clay – How to guide
Entertainment For Kids
- The 10 best Wii games for kids – How to guide
- The 12 best children’s playhouses – guidebook
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – How to guide
- The 9 best sand shells for kids – How to guide
Toys For Kids
- The 25 best Schleich toys – guidebook
- The best toys for children [bestsellers] – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for children – guidebook
- The 15 best educational toys for kids – How to guide