Choosing a children’s book is usually not that easy. For schoolchildren in particular, it can be a bit more exciting, but it should never be overwhelming . Most children develop special interests and needs in their different phases of life. An appropriately selected children’s book can be a wonderful starting point: In addition to the age recommendation, individual interests should be taken into account so that additional reading motivation is created.
In our product recommendations, you will find popular children’s books for ages 7 and up as recommended purchases.
- Schoolchildren can usually already follow the first more complex stories in which several plots are described side by side. The plot becomes more and more exciting, sometimes the tension intensifies over several chapters.
- You should always follow the age recommendation of the manufacturer so that the story is not too upsetting, overwhelming or confusing.
- Children 7 years and older will enjoy more described details regarding the characters and places
- Pictures are slowly becoming less important, but the majority of children 7 and older still enjoy beautiful and interesting illustrations.
- So pictures are a nice addition, but they are not needed for following and understanding the plot
- There are special books for beginning readers, in these the writing is very readable and little to no difficult terms are used.
- Books for learning to read often also contain less text
- If a book is still too difficult, you can read it together with the children or support them in doing so.
- Reading aloud and independent reading are pedagogically valuable, because in addition to reading skills, concentration, imagination and reading ability are also trained. Emphasis can also be learned this way.
- One should not offer books that are too demanding: In the worst case, the child will not enjoy reading at all afterwards and will not want to try other books either.
- Reading together (e.g., taking turns reading aloud, helping only when the child needs a break or is having difficulty, or reading aloud while the child reads along) is a great way to spend time together and encourage children at the same time.
- There are a variety of great books for children. Since children usually develop very specific interests , you can encourage motivation to read by targeting appropriate books. For example, a horse book for enthusiastic horse riders.
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Books From 7 Years
We have compiled a list of recommended children’s books for ages 7 and up.
Tip: Are you looking for books for little siblings?
Then take a look at our guide to children’s books for ages 4 and up
The Bestsellers Of Children’s Books From 7 Years Old
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular children’s books from 7 years for you.
Current Offers Of Children’s Books From 7 Years
Find the best current offers on children’s books for ages 7 and up in this list.
FAQ About Children’s Books From 7 Years
Children’s books should be adapted to their age. For younger children, for example, more pictures and word games are appropriate, and for older children, sometimes already extensive stories about school or adventures. Nevertheless, illustrations are ideally included for variety. In addition, a children’s book should offer discovery, whether linguistic or pictorial.
In addition to everyday stories, school and friendship are now being added. In addition, fantasy, detective and adventure stories are in the foreground. However, attention should be paid to the child’s preferences for the time being.
The text should not simply be read out loud. It can help to change the pitch of the voice and to insert pauses. In addition, the child should be allowed to ask questions in between and you should make yourself as comfortable as possible together. Interruptions in between should be avoided and this togetherness should be used during the day.
Children can usually be read to from around 3 months of age. Of course, books should be chosen that are not very exciting or too thrilling. Simple stories and perhaps a few songs are sufficient. In this way, you can spend a lot of time together right from the start and encourage the child in a playful way. Depending on the age recommendation, sensory books can also be offered: Books with touch elements and sound function are very interesting for children from about 3 years.
Here, too, you can accompany the child and read the texts aloud. If a child is learning to read on his or her own, you should definitely continue to support him or her: Some books are not suitable for reading due to a hard-to-read text or too long plots, but are understood when read aloud.
Always make sure not to overtax your child, to cater to their individual interests and thus motivate them to read. Reading together, taking turns reading, or reading aloud while the child reads along are just a few of the possibilities.
The who like what children’s books are very popular. In addition to exciting pictures, one learns interesting facts about all kinds of topics while reading. As a rule, however, they are not stories. However, children from the age of 7 are also interested in more complex plots with several different characters. In our guide, we have therefore summarized the best books for children over 7 years. There you will surely find great books that fit exactly to the current interest phase of your favorite(s). How about magical unicorns or exciting moonlight stories?
Astrid Lindgren has always enjoyed reading books. When Lindgren herself was still a child, there were many exciting stories at home that were told to her and that she carried on: because of this, she often read to her own children or told them something. Since she was a creative person and liked to write, she decided to write children’s books.
Of course, cleaning depends on the type of soiling and the location or material of the children’s book. Special sponges or vinegar cleaners, for example, have proven effective. Water should be used sparingly, as it could soften the pages. Aggressive cleaners could also damage the book with its pictures and writing. In addition, this is mostly toxic for children and must – if you still use it – be removed completely before the child plays with it again. Damp cloths might also work. It’s best to start with a small corner around the edge and see how that works
There is a very wide range of children’s books, including paintable versions, books with elements that appeal to the senses (touching, hearing, seeing and searching, …) or picture books, fairy tales and stories. In addition to the classics such as Grimm’s fairy tales, Pixie booklets are also very popular. Overall, however, you should take into account the age and, of course, the interests of the child. Children usually have very individual interests at times, which can be well met with children’s books. Children’s books can also alleviate fears, e.g. everyday stories about going to school or to the pediatrician. There are also stories about spiders that are suitable for children. In our guide, we have looked at children from the age of 7. Feel free to stop by and discover the best and most popular children’s books.
If the children’s books are still good, you don’t need to throw them away right away. The easiest solution is to give them away. For example, to families with children of the appropriate age, to libraries, kindergartens, children’s hospitals, child care centers, doctor’s offices or children in need. Those who wish can also try to sell the children’s books. There are a few ways to do this on the Internet. Some people keep children’s things (including the books) for years in order to later give them to godchildren and grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins or their own further children
The wieso-weshalb-wieso series is very popular. The non-fiction books are designed for kids from 8 to 12 years old. Children enjoy learning new things and are particularly motivated depending on the topic. But they also enjoy stories more and more as they get older. From the age of 7, for example, they are interested in coherent stories in which several clearly delineated characters play a role and suspense is built up over a number of chapters. In our guide, we have listed the best and most popular books for children over 7 years. There you will surely find what you are looking for
More On The Topic
Books For Children
- Recommended Tiptoi books for children
- The 20 best children’s classics
- The 40 best books for children
- The 11 best books for babies – guidebooks
- The 9 best children’s stories – guidebook
- Recommended Christmas books for children
- The 10 best reading and picture books for children
- The 13 best coloring books for children
- The 15 best personalized books for children
Books By Age
- The 15 best children’s books from 1 year
- The 15 best children’s books from 2 years
- The 15 best children’s books from 3 years
- The 15 best children’s books from 4 years
- The 15 best children’s books from 5 years
- The 15 best children’s books from 6 years
- The 10 best Pixi books
- The 11 best books for babies