Table of contents
Sun hats for children are very popular and a great protection for sensitive children’s skin. So that the child can play carefree even in sunny weather, we have compiled the best sun hats for children for you. So you are sure to find a suitable sun hat for your child, with which you will enjoy for a long time.
- A sun hat protects your child from UV rays – that’s clear. But at what point does it really make sense to wear a sun hat?
- Sun does not have to be avoided per se, but too many UV rays can be dangerous (especially for babies and children, because their skin is thinner).
- Your child should wear a sun hat when:
- Your child plays in the blazing sun
- Your child starts to sweat
- Your child finds the light of the sun too bright
- The most important thing about a sun hat for kids is the UV protection.
- Most sun hats offer a sun protection factor of UPF 50+. The UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) indicates the sun protection of the clothing
- Thus, the head is protected from overheating and sunburn.
- Overheating can lead to dizziness or nausea.
- With a sun hat you make sure that head, face and also the neck of your child are protected.
- Sun hats should be made of lightweight material to avoid sweating and still guarantee sun protection
- Straw hat: Provides extra protection from the sun due to the wide brim and is very permeable to air.
- Cotton cloth hat: Is very comfortable to wear, but can hardly protect the eyes and face because of the lack of brim.
- Tip: Look for a sun hat with a neck guard. This is where most sunburns happen to children
- There are different sizes so you can choose the hat to fit the child’s head size. Many parents find a hat with an elastic band handy because it adjusts to the child’s head.
- There are other ways you can protect your child from too much sun:
- Swimwear with UV protection
Recommended sun hats for children
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: Recommendations for sun-protected play facilities can be found in our The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guide.
The best sellers of sun hats for kids
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popularSun hats for kids for you
Tip: You can find recommendations for sun sails for strollers in our The 9 best sun sails for strollers – guide.
Current offers of sun hats for children
Here you can find a collection of current offers on sun hats for kids.
FAQ about sun hats
Sun hats are made in cotton or polyester. Both materials are breathable. Polyester is usually easier to clean, but also more artificial.
A sun hat should have a few things. These include a neck guard, visor and as high UV protection as possible. You can find the best sellers of sun hats above.
A sun hat that is too small will pinch, one that is too big will slip and be uncomfortable. It is best to include elastics or strings for tying to secure the hat optimally.
More on the topic
Sun protection for children
- The 10 best sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best sunshades for strollers – guidebook
- The 9 best sun sails for strollers – guidebook
- The 10 best sunglasses for children – guidebook
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
- The most important pool accessories – Guide
- The 7 best chlorine tablets for the pool – Guidebook
- The 8 best water polo games for the pool – Guidebook
- The 7 best sand filter systems for the pool – guidebook
- The 5 quick up pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best pool vacuums – guidebook
- The 7 best pool robots – How to guide
- The 8 best pool heaters – guidebook
- The 10 best pool lights – guidebook
- The 8 best pool covers – guidebook
- The 8 best pH meters for the pool – How to buy
- The 17 best children’s pools – guidebook
- The 10 best Bestway pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best inflatable pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best frame pools for kids – guidebook