Children sunglasses are very popular and a great gift. Therefore, the choice is also great. They not only look good, but also protect the eyes from the UV rays of the sun. To help you decide and give you a better overview of the different kids sunglasses, we have taken a closer look at kids sunglasses and compared individual products. In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best children’s sunglasses for you. In this way, you are sure to find the right sunglasses for your child, which you will enjoy for a long time.
- The most important point of children’s sunglasses is the right UV protection.
- We recommend at least a category 3 filter for protection from the sun. At the seaside or in the mountains, where the sun is even more intense, you should prefer level 4.
- If the lenses are anti-reflective, your child will be less dazzled and accidents will be minimized due to higher contrast.
- Lenses in brown, gray and black offer the most protection because they do not change the real colors. Colored lenses, on the other hand, can lead to false color perception (e.g. at traffic lights).
- The glasses should fit well on the head and hold securely so they don’t slip and bother your child. This would make him not want to put them on.
- Therefore, The temples should sit well on the ear and the glasses overall should not be too wide for the head.
- The lenses should not be too big and not too small so that the glasses are not too big for your child’s head, but also not too small to protect the eyes optimally.
- It is also important that the glasses do not cause injury in case of a fall. So look for plastic lenses as well as good workmanship. Sharp edges or similar should not be present.
- Look for CE seals for good quality. Children’s sunglasses must be able to withstand a lot and must not quickly get scratches or become cloudy, as this will affect your child.
- Likewise, there should be no harmful substances in the material. You can tell this from test marks such as Stiftung Warentest. A bad smell can also indicate this.
- Metal frames often contain nickel, which can trigger allergies and damage health. We, therefore, recommend plastic.
- In order not to damage your child’s eyes, you must ensure sufficient UV protection (see above).
Table of contents
Recommended Sunglasses For Children
Tip: You can find suitable children’s clothing for 3-year-olds in our guide to children’s clothing
The Best Sellers Of Kids Sunglasses
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular kids sunglasses for you.
Tip: Great make-up for children can be found in our guide to children’s make-up
Current Offers On Children Sunglasses
Here you will find a collection of current offers on children’s sunglasses.
FAQ About Kids Sunglasses
Children’s eyes are particularly sensitive. Therefore, children should already wear sunglasses at the age of 3 to 4 years, so that their eyes are protected from UV radiation.
When buying sunglasses for children, there are a few things to consider. You can find important information in our checklist.
More On The Topic
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 7-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 6-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 5-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 4-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 3-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 2-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 1-year-olds – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s hats – guidebook
- The 6 best slippers for children – guidebook
- The 10 best rubber boots for kids – guidebook
- The 35 best children’s shoes recommended by orthopedists – guidebook
- The 8 best mud pants for kids – guidebook