To keep your baby dry and warm even in snow and ice, there are beautiful snowsuits. However, you should not only focus on the look when buying. Multifunctional snowsuits are provided for maximum comfort.
We tell you what to look for when choosing a snowsuit for your baby: Our checklist gives you an overview of the most important buying criteria and below you will find specific product recommendations so that you can find what you are looking for today.
- You can tell how waterproof the material of the snowsuit is by the specified value of the water column. According to ISO 811, the standard is 1,300 mm. This means that in this case, water can stand up to a height of 1300 mm above the material before it penetrates the fabric
- In addition, the seams and also the zippers of the snowsuit should be specially protected. Especially if your child is already moving alone in the snow
- With some manufacturers, the seams are welded so that no moisture can penetrate
- To prevent sweating, there are snowsuits made of breathable material – so the moisture released by the body can escape and does not accumulate on the skin.
- In winter, it’s usually not very bright. So that you can still be seen well, you should choose a snowsuit in the most eye-catching colors possible
- Reflective details such as rasps on the shoulders provide even more safety.
- The snowsuit should be warmly lined and above all windproof.
- Elastic cuffs on the arms and legs do not let wind through and less moisture.
- A snow guard prevents snow from getting under the snowsuit and thus to the layers of clothing under it.
- The snowsuit should not be too tight, but also not too loose
- If arms and legs are too short, uncomfortable cold air can get into the gaps
- So be sure to replace a snowsuit that has become too small in good time.
Table of contents
We have compiled the best and most interesting snowsuits. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
The Best Sellers Of Snowsuits
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular snowsuits for you.
Tip: Depending on the weather, snow chains provide more safety. Here is our Guide to snow suits.
Current Offers Of Snowsuits
You can find the best current offers on snowsuits in this list.
FAQ For Snowsuits For Babies
In general, it makes sense to wear snowsuits – also regardless of the snow – from about zero degrees and below. This way you stay warm and dry and can enjoy the cool winter air.
From zero degrees or less, your baby should be warmed by a snowsuit when you go outside. Of course, there does not have to be snow for this. Especially babies still move very little and therefore freeze faster. A snowsuit gives wind, cold and wetness no chance
Note in any case that you usually still wear certain clothes under the snowsuit. In case of doubt, you should order the regular size. However, it is better to pay attention to the size tables of the corresponding manufacturers, because sometimes different brands differ from each other. Of course, the ideal is to try on the suit and only then buy it. Often, however, there is not the desired design in the stores or – also depending on the season – there are no snowsuits offered at all. If you order via Amazon or another online store, you can usually also select several sizes and sell or easily return unsuitable variants. Here, too, pay urgent attention to the return conditions.
Under a snowsuit, you can in principle put on any possible everyday clothing. Especially in winter sports, however, you should pay attention to special underwear and clothing so that you do not sweat too much and still do not freeze. Ski underwear, thermal clothing, sweatpants, t-shirts and sweaters are some suitable examples
There are many high-quality suppliers of snowsuits for babies. The choice depends on what is important to you and what needs your baby has. Does it only sit in the stroller or does it actively play in the wet snow? Take a look at our guide, where you will find a comprehensive checklist with all the important buying criteria and matching product recommendations.
In principle, you can dress your baby in all-day clothing under the snowsuit. Make sure that it is warm enough and fits comfortably. Examples of appropriate clothing that can be worn under the snowsuit are warm socks, thermal tights, bodysuits (long or short sleeves) or even sweaters. Sweatpants and t-shirts can also be worn. If more than one layer is put on under the snowsuit, this has the advantage of taking off one layer if necessary and still having fabric between the snowsuit and the skin afterwards.
For snowsuits, the common standard of water column is 1300 mm.
Sledding Fun In The Snow
- The best children’s sleds and bobsleds
- The 7 best baby sleds
- The 10 best children’s sleds made of plastic
- The 13 best kids bobsleds
- The 8 best bobsleds for children
- The 8 best snow slides for children
- The 15 best snow chains for every tire size
- The 10 best car seats for children
- The best winter tires by tire size
- The most important car accessories for winter