Table of contents
The right sports shoes for children are important so that they can optimally perform sports activities in their free time or in sports lessons. Therefore, the shoe should fit perfectly and not be too tight or too wide. To ensure this, you should consider in advance whether, for example, a Velcro closure or a lace is appropriate for your child’s sports shoe.
To help you decide , we have compiled a checklist for you, which will provide you with sufficient information. In our product recommendations you will also find initial examples.
- A sports shoe for children should offer firm support, but still enough freedom of movement.
- You can determine the right shoe size by measuring the length and width of the child’s foot before buying.
- A children’s sports shoe fits perfectly when the big toe does not touch the front. The shoe should therefore be at least 12 mm and at most 17 mm longer than the child’s foot.
- It is best to draw a template at home. For this purpose, your child stands with his feet on a sheet of paper or a piece of cardboard and you draw the outline. Then add 12 to 17 mm to the front. Cut out the template and take it with you to the shoe store.
- Very narrow children’s feet do not find the optimal support in many sport’s shoes. In this case, insoles can help.
- Children’s sports shoes are available with laces and Velcro fasteners.
- Velcro fasteners are usually easier for young children to handle. Shoelaces can also come loose during sports and lead to accidents.
- An alternative are laces with drawstrings, which do not have to be tied and accordingly cannot open.
- Sports shoes for children should be as light as possible, breathable and easy to clean.
- Many manufacturers use synthetic fibers or synthetic leather. These materials are easy to clean.
- The sole should be made of non-slip material and equipped with shock absorption to protect bones and muscles.
- Not every children’s sneaker is suitable for every sport.
- Indoor sports require indoor shoes with extra slip and abrasion resistant soles.
- For children’s outdoor sports shoes, the choice is greater. For outdoor sports, ordinary casual shoes or runningshoes are suitable.
- In addition, there are children’s sports shoes specially designed for individual sports, for example soccer shoes, tennis shoes, jogging shoes and more. Here you also have the choice between indoor and outdoor shoes.
Recommended Sports Shoes For Children
Tip: Learn more about the most popular Nike shoes for kids.
The Best Sellers Of Sports Shoes For Kids
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular sports shoes for kids for you.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the most popular running shoes.
Current Offers Of Sports Shoes For Kids
Here you will find a collection of the latest offers on sports shoes for kids.
FAQ For Sports Shoes For Kids
These shoes are specially designed for children and therefore often have playful designs in bright colors. The closures are also often child-friendly, so your child can put the shoes on and take them off relatively quickly. They are often worn during school sports or recreational activities.
Your child must have a good grip in the children’s shoe. Therefore, it should neither be too tight nor too wide. In addition, it should not rub or cause unpleasant blisters even after prolonged wear. Therefore, it can be useful to order two sizes first. This way, your child can try on both and then determine which shoe fits better in terms of size. If the shoe is still too big, suitable insoles can also help.
The sports shoe should always be adjusted to the shoe size of your child. Therefore, it makes sense to measure the foot first, since many children have feet of different sizes during the growth phase. Here it is not only the length, but also the width of the foot to consider. To ensure that your child has a good grip, the toe should not bump against the front of the shoe. You can follow the guideline that the shoe should be 12 mm and a maximum of 17 mm longer than your child’s foot.
Basically, there are sports shoes for children with Velcro closures or laces. In the beginning, your child will probably do better with a Velcro closure. With laces, the risk of injury also increases, as they often come loose and your child could stumble. However, if your child is already a little older, you should think about sports shoes with laces. The tying of such trains the motor skills of your child and should be learned from a certain age. Alternatively, you can initially choose laces with drawstring, which do not need to be tied.
This is quite different and depends, among other things, on what quality and brand you ultimately choose. However, a high-quality shoe can cost up to 40 euros or more.
A sports shoe is usually made of synthetic leather or synthetic fibers. It should also be breathable, so that your child does not sweat excessively over a long period of time. In addition, the shoe should be slip-resistant so that your child does not injure himself. Shock absorption ensures that the bones and joints are not overloaded.
Basically, a distinction is made between indoor and outdoor shoes. Indoor shoes should have a good abrasion, so that the shoes last long. Therefore, consider beforehand for which activities your child needs the sports shoes. For example, there are special tennis or jogging shoes.
Sports shoes for children are suitable as soon as your child wants to perform sports activities. At the latest from the school time the acquisition of such is therefore surely meaningful.
More On The Topic
Shoes for kids
- The 15 best adidas shoes for kids – guidebook
- The best Nike shoes for kids – guide
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – guidebook
- The 35 best shoes for children recommended by orthopedists – guidebook
- The 8 best barefoot shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Superfit children’s shoes – guidebook
- The 15 best winter shoes for children – guidebook
- The 6 best walker shoes for toddlers – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s shoes from Richter – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s shoes from Ecco – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s shoes from Bisgaard – Guidebook
- The 9 best Giesswein slippers for kids – Guidebook
- The 6 best slippers for children – guidebook
- The 10 best ski boots for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best ice skates for children – guidebook
- The 8 best tennis shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 7 year olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 6 year olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 5-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 4-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 3-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 3-year-olds – guidebook
- The 10 cutest children’s clothes for 2-year-olds – guidebook
- The 15 best baby outfits for 1 year olds – guidebook
- The 15 best winter jackets for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best winter jackets for boys – guidebook
- The 15 best winter jackets for girls – guidebook
- The 15 best dresses for girls – guidebook
- The 8 best mud pants for kids – guidebook