The lubricating gel can serve several purposes. Of course, the first thing you think of is sexual intercourse and sex toys, but some also serve as a great massage oil. In addition, there are many different variants.
Our checklist explains what you should consider when making your choice. Finally, below you will find the top 8 recommendations.
- Lubricating gels can affect the protection of condoms.
- Make sure that the ingredients are not dangerous.
- Dyes, allergenic or carcinogenic additives and preservatives should be avoided.
- There are special sensitive variants for sensitive mucous membranes.
- Oil-, silicone- or water-based lubricants (follow manufacturer’s instructions and recommended uses).
- Some lubricants can also be used as massage oil . Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendation to avoid irritation.
- It is often used during sexual intercourse and the use of sex toys .
- There are special lubricating gels with effects such as cooling or heat.
- Depending on the type of application , certain lubricant gels are not suitable (water-based lubricants are not suitable for shower and bath, for example; silicone-based variants are better. The latter, in turn, are not suitable for sex toys, which are also made of silicone).
- Lubricants with flavors or certain odors.
- Sex with lube does not mean that you do not feel like it or that sex is bad.
- Certain practices are only safe with lube (e.g. anal penetration).
- Lube can be an exciting additive even without lack of moisture or too little moisture , which can make touching more intense and sex more exciting.
Table of contents
We have compiled the best and most interesting lubes. You can find the list of our product recommendations here.
Tip: Check out the best dildos here.
The Best Sellers of Lubricating Gels
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular lubricating gels for you.
Tip: Discover the most exciting sex toys for couples now.
Current Offers of Lube Gels
You can find the best current offers of lube gels in this list.
FAQ for lube gels
A lubricant gel is a special, usually rather thick gel, which you can buy in pharmacies, supermarkets, drugstores, and on the Internet. It is intended to prevent friction and irritation during sexual acts (e.g. intercourse, sex toys), so that pain, irritation, or irritation are avoided.
The lubricating gel can be applied quite simply with the hands, e.g. on the genitals or sex toys. What amount is considered nice can be decided individually.
In addition to products declared as lubricants, which can be purchased, other substances are also suitable as lubricants. Special intimate creams, spit or special moist creams are suitable. Be careful with other home remedies such as Vaseline. The ingredients are not intended for sensitive mucous membranes.
Which lubricant should be chosen depends on the intended use. One should always consider the manufacturer’s instructions and, if pregnancy is not desired, pay attention to whether this type of lubricant can reduce or cancel the protection of condoms. There are oil-based, silicone-based, and water-based lubricants. Water-based lube is a type of universal gel, it can be used for any practice, but it is water-soluble and therefore rather poor for bathrooms and showers. It may also need to be reapplied several times. Silicone-based lubes last particularly long and can usually be used with condoms. Oil-based lubes can damage condoms.
There are also lubricating gels that can be used additionally as a massage oil.
Lubricants are suitable for sexual practices (eg sex toys, sexual intercourse). There are many reasons why there is too little moisture, on the one hand, this can be due to medication or e.g. hormones and on the other hand, this can be natural. For example, the anal mucosa does not naturally produce moisture. But even with sufficient moisture, lubricant can be an exciting additive, e.g. through pleasure-enhancing, warming, or cooling effects.
More on the topic
- The 10 best toy cleaners for sex toys – guidebook
- The 10 best sex toys for couples – guidebook
- The best sex toys for men – guidebook
- The 9 best love balls for women – guidebook
- The 25 best dildos – How to
- The 8 best glass dildos – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden dildos – guidebook
- The 6 best slip vibrators – guidebook
- The 8 best prostate vibrators – guidebook
- The 10 best couple vibrators – guidebook
- The 10 best penis rings – advice
- The 8 best penis pumps – guidebook
- The 8 best penis cages – guidebook
- The 6 best vagina pumps – guidebook