Many women wear and love it: the anklet has become an indispensable accessory in our lives in recent years. Whether with pearls , small stones or pendants – the selection is large and varied. If you’re looking for the right design for your next summer vacation, you’ve come to the right place.
The checklist will help you to get a first overview about anklets. Our product recommendations, on the other hand, already show you different types of anklets, so that you can soon shine with your new foot jewelry around the bet!
- Leather and nylon anklets: These are usually available as a braided band and can either be closed with a lobster clasp – or knotted in the back. They are very popular because they are usually not expensive and fit comfortably on the foot. The disadvantage of this type of chain, however, is that they usually can not be taken off once they are tightly knotted and do not have a separate clasp.
- Metal ankle jewelry: Here, a distinction is made between flexible and inflexible anklets. The latter consists of a flat metal material, which is bent according to the shape of the ankle. It can be worn exclusively as ankle jewelry and not as a bracelet. The flexible anklet, on the other hand, usually consists of several links and for this reason can be adjusted as desired. They are constructed similarly to necklaces, which is why the most diverse types of anklets (Venetian chains, curb chains, knotted chains) can be chosen. These can be easily converted into a bracelet even in winter. Pendants can also be added here without any problems.
- Classic ankle jewelry: This is based on the Indian model, in which several jewelry hoops are connected with each other. The lowest ankle bracelet is usually provided with pendants, preferably with bells.
- In addition to the classic materials such as silver and gold or other precious metals, you can also choose ankle bracelets made of leather, plastic, nylon threads or similar. However, you should always trust your own taste. However, if you want to wear your anklet during sports activities, it is recommended to choose anklets made of leather, as they are very durable. Metal anklets, on the other hand, tear faster and are therefore better suited for everyday wear.
- Anklets are available in many different sizes. From 21-28 cm everything is there. However, many pieces of jewelry are only available in one sizeand do not fit around every ankle. That’s why you should take a close look at the anklet before buying and consider whether this can only be knotted at the back or has a size-adjustable clasp . After all, you certainly don’t want it to fit too tightly or even slip.
- Whether shell pendants, glittering stones, flowers, discreet leather straps or maritime pendants. Here too, there are no limits to your imagination. Nevertheless, you should make sure that you coordinate the anklet with the rest of your jewelry. Silver and white gold, for example, look great on tanned skin, but make a pale skin type even more inconspicuous. However, you can’t go wrong with a rose gold necklace, as it will perfectly match your skin tone. Nevertheless, the motto is: Only take what you like yourself!
- Price: You can buy anklets for very little money. Note, however, that the quality usually leaves much to be desired and the anklet will probably break faster than you had hoped. Rather invest a little more money in real jewelry, then you will have something of it longer. The price for a high-quality anklet can be up to 100 euros.
Table of contents
Recommended Anklets For Women
We have collected a few of the most beautiful anklets for you.
Tip: Looking for a wristwatch? Here you will find it
The Best Sellers Of Anklets
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular anklets for you.
Tip: Do you want more jewelry? Here you will surely find what you are looking for
Current Offers On Anklets
You can find the best current offers on anklets in this list.
FAQ About Anklets For Women
It is a piece of jewelry that primarily women wear as a fashion accessory around their ankle.
Anklets should not be overloaded with too many details, so that it still looks discreet and delicate on your foot. Layering models made of pearls or different chains look especially beautiful on tanned skin in summer. However, make sure your feet are well-groomed so that your anklet really comes into its own.
Among other things, there are leather and nylon anklets, which are usually available as a braided band. But metal jewelry or classic Indian-style ankle jewelry are also still very popular.
Anklets can be found in lengths ranging from 21-28 cm. However, many are only available in one size, especially if they only need to be knotted shut and do not have a metal clasp. However, there are also models that are adjustable in size despite the leather strap.
This ankle jewelry was first seen on Indian women who had to publicly display their affiliation with men. In ancient Egypt, the anklet was then worn in conjunction with rings, necklaces and bracelets, which represented wealth. Today’s culture would be unthinkable without anklets as a fashion accessory.
Mostly different materials are processed and combined with each other. In addition to classic materials such as silver, gold or other precious metals, anklets made of leather, plastic, nylon threads and similar materials are also very popular.
There are now many different designs of an anklet, so you can wear it practically to any occasion. In summer, for example, you can wear a shell-adorned anklet with skirts or dresses, for a party a sparkling piece of jewelry decorated with small rhinestones with a cocktail dress. There are no limits to your imagination.
First of all, look for an anklet that suits you visually. However, also pay attention to the material of the anklet, so that you do not react allergic to it later or it stains because it is poorly processed. Also decide how you want to wear the necklace in the future. Do you want to knot it and wear it on your foot for the next time or do you want to take it off at regular intervals? You should also consider this in advance.
In Naples and India, anklets were worn on both ankles in the past. So it has no special meaning whether you wear your anklet on the left or on the right. In the end, you have to decide this for yourself individually.
You can never go wrong with delicate anklets in gold or silver colors. In 2020, the anklets were particularly popular and were presented at the lake or beach with pleasure. However, you should not follow every trend, but ultimately wear what you personally just like.
There is nothing against not wearing an anklet in winter. Of course, it is then usually not seen by other people, since one wears in snow and ice times probably rather long pants. But as long as you feel comfortable or don’t want to or can’t take off your anklet, it is a nice piece of jewelry even in winter.
As a rule, wearing an anklet is not dangerous or harmful. However, you should make sure that you do not tie the anklet too tightly, otherwise the blood supply will be interrupted. It is also advisable to remove the anklet at night, as it may tear or you may get caught somewhere.
More On The Topic
- The best gifts for children – guide
- The 12 best gifts for boys – guide
- The 10 best gifts for birth – guide
- The 35 best gifts for women – guidebook
- The 33 best gifts for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful gifts for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 8 most popular partner rings – Guidebook
- Choosing the right jewelry for women – How to
- The 25 most beautiful Valentine’s Day sayings as a gift – Guidebook
- The best gift ideas for men – Guidebook
- The best gifts for girls – How to
- The best gift ideas for birth – Guidebook