A lady’s watch is a classic and beautiful gift and an eye-catcher for any wrist. Moreover, a watch is not only pretty but also practical. With smartwatches you can, among other things, make phone calls or write small messages. But also a simple analog watch can upgrade your outfit decisively. Silver, gold, or red gold – ladies watches come in different colors. Depending on the model, the size of the watch, the color, the dial, and the material of the strap differ.
Sometimes it can not be easy to decide on a special model. We want to support you with the help of our checklist in your search for the perfect ladies’ watch. The product recommendations can also help you so that your wife or relatives can soon enjoy a chic new wristwatch.
- Ladies watches are available with different movements. A quartz movement is usually durable, but the batteries must be replaced regularly. The replacement or repair should be carried out by a professional, as damage or scratches to the watch can occur if the replacement is done by hand or incorrectly. A solar movement, on the other hand, has the advantage of being self-powered, making it very easy to care for.
- Analog wristwatches: A classic wristwatch essentially has one function – to show the correct time. It is suitable for all people who want to use a watch in everyday life and do not need a fully technical smartwatch. Usually, such an analog watch also displays the date.
- Digital wristwatches and smartwatches: these often have more far-reaching functions and can be connected to the cell phone, among other things. For example, a smartwatch can be used to listen to music or receive calls. Depending on the model, it is also possible to write short messages. The classic features of a digital watch also include a timer, alarm, or stop functions. They often also have a radio-controlled movement that automatically adjusts to the prevailing time zone.
- Tip: Before buying a watch, it is always a good idea to consider what use the watch will have for the person receiving it. Do they want to use it for sports and have their fitness data analyzed, or is it just intended for everyday use and doesn’t need to fulfill any other functions?
- It can also be important to buy a waterproof watch if you want to use it for swimming. There are different specifications for this as well. Some watch only keep out small splashes of water, while others are waterproof to a depth of 100 meters.
- Since a wristwatch is in direct contact with your skin, the choice of wristband is something to consider to avoid allergies or skin irritation, so you don’t have to buy a new watch soon.
- Many wristwatches allow you to change the strap and thus easily adapt the watch to different color styles. Mainly smartwatches offer many bands in a wide variety of patterns and colors.
- The most popular wristbands are made of genuine leather or stainless steel. In any case, you should make sure that your watch has a high-quality band so that it is as comfortable to wear as possible and stays that way in the long run. Milanaise bracelets are very popular among women, especially because of their filigree look.
- The bracelet should also be neither too loose nor too tight. A general guideline is that the little finger should just fit through the bracelet. This way you can ensure that the watch does not constrict you in the long run or stop the blood supply.
- The appearance of a wristwatch can also play an important role in the purchase. Many women want their watch to perfectly match their clothing style.
- The most popular wristwatch colors are silver, gold, and rose gold and are suitable for all skin types.
- Dials are also available in many different colors and can be an attractive contrast to the watch case, especially in white or black. Small details such as glittering stones or certain patterns also make your watch something very special.
Table of contents
Recommendable Ladies Watches
We have collected a few of the most beautiful ladies watches for you
Tip: Many more wristwatches for children can be found here.
The Best Sellers Of Ladies Watches
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular ladies watches for you.
Tip: Many other gifts for children can be found in this guide
Current Offers On Ladies Watches
You can find the best current offers on ladies watches in this list.
FAQ About Ladies Watches
A wristwatch is worn around the wrist and is characterized by a dial, which is held together by a strap. There are both analog and digital copies, which, however, all ultimately serve the same purpose: They show the time. In the past, there was a greater distinction between women’s and men’s watches, whereas today there are also uniform watches that can be worn by all genders.
The right ladies watch should fit the wrist. In general, the case diameter of a ladies watch should not exceed 35 millimeters. Wristwatches are often available with interchangeable bracelets and can thus be easily color matched.
Unfortunately, the question can not be answered in a general way. Here it depends entirely on what is valued in a ladies watch. If the watch is to be worn in water, the water resistance of the watch should be checked before buying. This way you can be sure that you will enjoy the watch for a long time.
There are many different models and brands of women’s wristwatches. Well-known and currently popular brands include Daniel Wellington, Omega, Casio, Rolex, Fossil, Paul Hewitt or Michael Kors.
Ultimately, you should like the watch, which is why you do not only have to look for current trends. Nevertheless, you can of course also get a little inspiration. Currently, analog watches are very popular again. But also black models and retro watches are currently very popular and can beautify your wrist.
The biggest difference here is that with the quartz watch the batteries need to be changed regularly and it is therefore relatively uncomplicated in handling. An automatic watch is usually a lot more expensive. As the name suggests, it works automatically. In it, a so-called rotor is installed, which is set into vibration by the movement of the wrist. This energy is then used to tension the spring. However, you have to decide for yourself which watch is the right one for you and your needs.
It is always advisable to take your wristwatch to a jeweler who can professionally change the battery. Many retailers even offer this service free of charge, so that only the battery itself must be purchased. As a layman, it is better not to change the battery on your own, because in the worst case it can lead to scratches or general damage to the watch. Especially with expensive watches, this would otherwise be very annoying.
The wristwatch should be relatively tight on the wrist, so that it does not slip. If the little finger fits through the wristband with some effort, the watch usually fits perfectly. It should also sit just above the wrist and not constrict you. Therefore, make sure that the watch is neither too tight nor too loose.
How heavy a wristwatch is depends on the material. A Rolex watch usually weighs around 144 grams, while a standard women’s wristwatch weighs much less. When buying, make sure that the wristwatch is not too heavy, otherwise it may not be comfortable to wear and the watch will drag you down due to its heaviness.
Right-handed people usually wear their watches on the left. Why is that? For one thing, even trying on the watch on the right wrist would be problematic, as most people are not skilled at it. On the other hand, we usually use our right hand far more often, which is why the watch could possibly get scratched quickly. Therefore, it is legitimate here to wear the watch on the left wrist.
You should consider which model is suitable for you before buying. Are you looking for a watch for sports activities or do you just want to wear it in everyday life? You should also think about the type of watch in advance. Do you want a smartwatch with which you can connect your cell phone, among other things, or an analog watch that only shows you the time?
More On The Topic
Gifts for women
- The 35 best gifts for women – guide
- Choosing the right jewelry for women – guide
- The 10 most beautiful women’s rings as a gift – guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bouquets for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 25 most beautiful Valentine’s Day sayings as a gift – Guidebook
- The 8 most popular partner rings – Guidebook
- The 15 most beautiful earrings for women – Guidebook
- The 8 most beautiful anklets for women – guidebook