You have blisters on your hands and back pain from sweeping? Then the sweeper is a great alternative to achieve a clean result with little effort. Especially for large areas, a sweeper is better than a broom.
We have not only compiled a checklist of important criteria for sweepers but have also put together some great product recommendations for you. We will help you choose the right sweeper.
- There are hand sweepers, gasoline sweepers and battery sweepers. As a rule, you can remove dust, gravel, small twigs, and other dry dirt with them. Some variants are also suitable for damp dirt and some are even suitable for not too high snow layers with the help of an appropriate pusher.
- With manual sweepers you have to rely on your own strength. The performance is accordingly not particularly high or associated with great effort.
- A gasoline sweeper is powered by an engine. The more horsepower, the more power you have at your disposal. The area performance can be up to 8000 m² per hour. Gasoline sweepers can usually also remove wet leaves, snow and much more. Depending on the model, they are suitable for professional use and are correspondingly expensive.
- The performance of battery sweepers depends on the respective battery. The running time is usually about 40 to 50 minutes. Therefore, these devices are more suitable for smaller areas.
- For cleaning the sidewalks and areas around the house, you need a device with a capacity of about 1500 to 3000 m² per hour. For frequent use in larger areas, we recommend a machine with more than 2500 m².
- So-called ride-on sweepers and self-propelled sweepers for professional use have a particularly high output of approx. 10,000 m² up to 15,000 m² per hour. For comparison – the area performance of a sweeping broom is about 15 m² per hour.
- Hand sweepers often weigh less than 1 kg. Battery machines are already somewhat heavier and gasoline swe epers for domestic use usually weigh between 70 and 100 kg.
- The sweeping width is usually between 55 and 100 cm. For larger areas, you should choose a sweeper with a working width of 80 cm or more. For sidewalks, smaller sweeping widths are usually more sensible.
- The larger the collection container, the longer you can work without having to empty it in between. The capacity should therefore not be less than 30 to 50 liters.
- Make sure that the handlebar is height-adjustable so that you can adjust it to your height. If the handle can be folded down, you can store the machine more easily.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 7 most popular sweepers.
Tip: You can find many great jerseys from 1. FC Köln in our guide to Köln jerseys.
The Best Selling Sweepers
We have compiled the most popular sweepers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical Allen keys in our guide to Allen keys.
Current Offers For Sweeper
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the sweeping machines section.
FAQ For Sweepers
Choosing a sweeper is not that easy, especially if you are not familiar with it. That’s why we compared the best sweepers to summarize the best 7 models for you in our guide.
The cost of a sweeper depends on the type of machine. Smaller versions with manual drive are available from about 79 euros. More extensive models (e.g. with snow pusher and electric drive), however, cost a little over 1000 euros
How a sweeper works depends on the type of machine. There are manually operated machines and models with electric drive (battery/battery). Other sweepers are powered by gasoline engines and have a correspondingly higher power.
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 7 best flat chisels – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 8 best combination pliers – guidebook
- The 8 best pliers – guidebook
- The 7 best bench vices – How to
- The 6 best screw clamps – How to
- The 12 best cordless screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 8 best cow’s foot tools – How to guide
- The 7 best spirit levels – How to
- The 7 best protractors – How to
- The 7 best phase testers – How to
- The 7 best multimeters – How to