To keep your ear canal intact in the long run, it is important to protect it while working with loud machines. Therefore, hearing protection is often essential in production halls, sawmills or the home workshop.
Find out how hearing protection differs and more information on buying hearing protection in our checklist. We have put together a selection of safe hearing protection for you in our product recommendations.
- The Earplugs encloses both ears with a capsule and thus curbs the volume.
- Earplugs are worn in the ear, which makes them small and handy. They are often sold as disposable hearing protection. Flexible material allows them to fit any ear.
- Custom-fitted earplugs increase wearing comfort, but are very expensive and only worthwhile if used regularly.
- Hearing protection is offered in different classes, which differ in their SNR value. The SNR value indicates the dB value that the hearing protector attenuates (an SNR value of 20 attenuates the volume from 120 dB to 100 dB).
- In general, the higher the SNR value, the better the hearing protection. However, hearing protectors with a high SNR value are more expensive.
- Earmuffs often offer replacement capsules that can be easily mounted on the bracket in case one of the capsules is defective.
- Furthermore, some hearing protectors are equipped with radio, Bluetooth or AUX connection, so that music can be listened to in addition to the noise protection.
Table of contents
Recommendable Hearing Protectors
We have compiled the best and most interesting hearing protectors. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many great barbecue recipes in our guide to barbecue recipes.
The Best Sellers Of Hearing Protectors
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular hearing protectors for you.
Tip: Practical hand saws can be found in our guide to hand saws.
Current Offers On Hearing Protectors
You can find the best current offers on hearing protectors in this list.
FAQ About Hearing Protection
The SNR value is the amount of noise the hearing protector can reduce. For example, an SNR value of 20 reduces a volume of 120 dB to 100 dB.
If hearing protection is required by law in a company, the employer must pay for it. The limit is a continuous noise level of 80 dB.
Hearing protection is part of the protective clothing. It attenuates the ambient noise level and thus protects the auditory canal. Hearing protection is divided into earmuffs and earplugs.
Custom hearing protection costs between €100 and €200.
Hearing protection should be worn at a volume of 80 dB at the latest. In principle, hearing protection should be worn if you personally consider sounds or noise to be too loud.
There are no restrictions on how long hearing protection can be worn. However, especially with inexpensive earplugs, you should take a break in between to protect your ears.
More On The Topic
Protective Work Clothing
- The 7 best cut protection pants – guidebook
- The 7 best work pants for men – guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – Guidebook
- The 8 best safety goggles – Guidebook
- The 10 best forestry helmets – Guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – guidebook
Machines And Tools
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 8 best jigsaws – guidebook
- The 8 best sawhorses – guidebook
- The 8 best chop saws – guidebook
- The 8 best power saws – guidebook
- The 7 best bench drills – guidebook
- The 10 best quiet shredders – guidebook
- The 7 best leaf blowers – guidebook