We have compared many flocculants for the pool. Find out here what you need to look for when buying flocculants and what criteria you can use to recognize a good flocculant.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for flocculants for the pool, but also many product recommendations for you.
- The agent causes small dirt particles to bind together.
- Dirt that could not be filtered before can be filtered in this way.
- Counteracts turbidity , which is formed for example by sunscreen and skin flakes.
- Flocculants consist of polymers.
- In most agents, the main ingredient is poly-aluminum hydroxide chloride (PAC).
- By contact with this substance, the dirt particles “flocculate” together and can thus be removed from the water by the filter system.
- Liquid flocculant: can be poured directly into the pool water.
- Granules: dissolve in a bucket before use and then pour into the pool.
- Tablets and cartridges: can also be added directly to the water. For tablets, a dosing floatis recommended.
- There are different price ranges.
- The ingredients can also differ.
- The available package size varies.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 8 most popular flocculants.
Tip: You can find many great pools for the whole family in our The 7 best garden pools for families – guidebook
The Best Sellers Of Flocculants
We have compiled the most popular flocculants for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: For lots of great pool cleaning advice , check out our The 7 Best Chlorine Tablets for the Pool Guide
Current Offers For Flocculant
Here you will find a selection of current offers for flocculants.
FAQ For Flocculants
In a pool also very fine dirt accumulates, which can not be captured by the filter system. The flocculant finds itself with this dirt and forms small flakes. These can then be filtered and the water becomes clearer.
Flocculant is used for chemical pool cleaning. The agent ensures that fine dirt combines with the flocculant (“flocculation”) and can be filtered better.
Depending on the flocculant, you should wait 4-6 hours after adding it before bathing again. However, since there are many manufacturers and the concentrations of the agent can also vary greatly, it is always important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
It is important to keep an eye on the water quality. If this is the case and the appropriate values are maintained, you can use flocculants regularly. However, since the individual products sometimes differ greatly in their composition, one should always consider the manufacturer’s instructions .
Before use, you should always check the manufacturer’s instructions. There are flocculants that you can add directly to the pool water. However, it may also be that it must be dissolved in a bucket beforehand and can only be poured into the water afterwards. Therefore, pay attention to the application instructions on the product.
Flocculants bind together the smallest particles of dirt that, due to their size, cannot be cleaned by the water filter. The agent causes the particles to”flocculate” and this then allows the water filter to remove them.
Flocculant provides clean, pure water. It is used when the water appears cloudy or there is a film of oil on the water (from sunscreen, for example).
- The most important pool accessories – guide
- The 7 best chlorine tablets for the pool – guidebook
- The 8 best water polo games for the pool – guidebook
- The 7 best sand filter systems for the pool – guidebook
- The 5 quick up pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best pool vacuums – guidebook
- The 7 best pool robots – How to guide
- The 8 best pool heaters – guidebook
- The 10 best pool lights – guidebook
- The 8 best pool covers – guidebook
- The 8 best pH meters for the pool – How to buy
- The 17 best children’s pools – guidebook
- The 10 best Bestway pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best inflatable pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best frame pools for kids – guidebook
Sun Hats For Kids
- The 10 best sun hats for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 best sun hats for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best sunshades for strollers – guidebook
- The 9 best sun sails for strollers – guidebook
- The 10 best sunglasses for children – advice
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
Play Ideas For Outdoors
- The 9 best climbing nets for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing arches for children – advice
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – guidebook
- The 10 best socks for soccer players – How to guide
- The 6 best children’s boots for outdoors – guidebook
- The 10 best bouncy castles for indoors and outdoors – How to guide
- The best children’s swings – guidebook