Your lawn is growing and thriving, but that also means it needs to be mowed regularly. But which lawn mower is best suited for your lawn? We’ll help you make the right choice.
Our checklist contains a lot of important information that will help you with your purchase decision. You’re sure to find the right lawn mower in our product recommendations.
- The classic in this equipment segment is the lawnmower with a gasoline engine. With this you have the largest range. It is even suitable for large lawns up to 1,500 m². However, it requires a lot of maintenance, is noisy and produces emissions.
- The electric mower, on the other hand, is suitable for small and medium-sized lawns up to 600 m². It is much lighter, quieter and easier to maintain than a gasoline mower. However, you may find the required power cable annoying in angled gardens.
- The battery-powered lawn mower is much more maneuverable here. Depending on the battery size, it is suitable for gardens of up to 400 m². It is significantly more expensive to purchase than an electric lawn mower.
- In addition to the engine power, the cutting width should also fit the size of your garden.
- 30 to 40 cm is suitable for small and medium lawns up to 600 m².
- 40 to 49 cm is sufficient to efficiently mow gardens up to 2,500 m².
- For very large lawns (3,000 m² or more), cutting widths of over 50 cm or even a lawn tractor are advisable.
- Regardless of the size and drive type of the lawn mower, each mowing deck should have a central cutting height adjustment in at least 4 steps. This is the only way to properly care for different types of lawns.
- Mowers that have a mulching function are practical on certain types of lawns.
- If you do not want to use a lawn trimmer for the fine work, there are mowers with a lawn comb. This allows you to get a good grip on the blades of grass even close to the edge (along walls or sidewalks).
- If you decide on a very large and heavy lawnmower, it should be equipped with an engageable wheel drive. The same applies to smaller copies, which will later be used in gardens with a certain slope.
- For a good working position, models with a height-adjustable handlebar are a good choice. On the other hand, folding the handlebar without tools simplifies transportation and storage of the lawnmower.
Table of contents
Recommended Lawn Mowers
Here you can find the top 20 among the most popular lawn mowers.
Tip: You can find many great brooms in our guide to brush brooms.
The Best Sellers Of Lawn Mowers
We have compiled the most popular lawn mowers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You’ll find lots of handy tools in our guide to pipe wrenches.
Current Offers For Lawn Mower
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Lawn Mower section.
FAQ About Lawn Mowers
By law, lawn mowers are not allowed to exceed a volume of about 95 decibels. If you want to be on the safe side and avoid noise while mowing, you should choose an electric lawn mower.
This depends on the area that will be mowed and the space you have to store the lawn mower. For large lawns, you should usually choose a larger cutting width to get through mowing more quickly. For smaller or angled lawns, a lawn mower with a smaller cutting width is more suitable. You can find out more about this in our checklist.
There is no general answer to this question. You are sure to find the right lawn mower for you in our product recommendations.
Cordless lawn mowers have many advantages. They are cordless and therefore very maneuverable and easier to handle than electric lawn mowers, for example. In addition, they do not require gasoline as a drive, but only charged batteries. You should therefore always keep an eye on the charge level of the batteries.
Lawn mowers below a noise level of approximately 90 decibels may be used from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the week. Mowing is not permitted on Sundays and holidays.
The question of the best lawn mower cannot be answered in a general way. You are sure to find the right lawn mower for you in our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
Everything about mowing
- The 10 most popular lawn spreaders
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – guidebook
- The 7 best lawn mowers from Gardena – guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – Guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 6 best robotic mowers for the garden – guidebook
other garden tools
- The 7 best leaf blowers – guidebook
- The 7 best brush cutters – guidebook
- The 10 best log splitters – guidebook
- The 6 best shredders – guidebook
- The 7 best garden rollers – guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – guidebook
- The 8 best square sprinklers from Gardena – guidebook
- The 4 best Gardena scarifiers – guidebook
- The 6 best Gardena pop-up sprinklers – guidebook
- The 6 best sprinkler systems from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best hose reels by Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best hoses from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best lawn trimmers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best lawn sprinklers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best Micro-Drip systems from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best hedge trimmers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best domestic waterworks from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best garden pumps from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 10 best garden tools from Gardena – Guidebook