Soon the barbecue season starts and you are still looking for the right grill? You certainly can’t go wrong with an electric grill. It is easy to use and even fits on small tables. Also, the temperature regulation is very easy so that nothing stands in the way of the next barbecue!
To help you find the right electric grill for you, we have summarized all the important information for you in our checklist. With the help of the product recommendations, you’re sure to make the right choice.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Electric Grills
We have compiled the most popular electric grills for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Electric Grills
- You have a choice: you can either opt for a tabletop grill or a freestanding stand grill. A small tabletop grill is compact, so you can’t grill too much on it. You should consider this before buying. Some freestanding grills can also be quickly converted into a tabletop grill by using removable legs. The respective product must also have a regulator with which the temperature can be adjusted. This means that food that has already been grilled can still be kept warm for a longer period of time. Until the grill is fully heated, it usually takes 10- 20 minutes. The food should therefore only be placed on the grill when the optimum temperature has been reached.
- Material: The housing of the electric grill is usually made of plastic, but sometimes made of light metals.
- Grill surface: This can consist of a grate or a plate. But also a combination of both surfaces is quite possible. One advantage of the grill plate is that it hardly produces any smoke, which means that there are hardly any unpleasant odors.
- Electricity: The electric grill must be plugged into a power outlet before it can be put into operation. Under the grate is usually a small heating coil, which converts electricity into energy.
- In any case, the electric grill should be placed on a stable surface, so that it can not fall over. It should also not be exposed to direct sunlight, otherwise, the heating power will be reduced. Therefore, it is advisable to place the electric grill in the shade.
- Tip: If you like to grill in winter, it is worthwhile to purchase a grill hood or a windbreak that matches the grill. This ensures that the meat is cooked evenly.
- It should also not be placed too close to house walls for safety reasons.
- The size of the electric grill should also depend on the space available. In addition, you must consider how many people will be grilled in the future.
- Cleaning is relatively easy thanks to a drip tray under the heating element. This allows the grease to drip off optimally, so that no grease residue sticks to the grill. Afterward, the grill can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Tip: However, sponges made of steel wool should not be used for cleaning, as they can quickly destroy the surface of the grill.
- The price usually depends on the equipment of the grill. Nevertheless, there are also inexpensive models, which can be purchased from 20 euros. High-quality electric grills, on the other hand, usually cost around 400 euros.
Recommended Electric Grills
Here you can find the top 8 among the most popular electric grills.
Tip: Here you can find all important information about cooking knives
Current Offers For Electric Grills
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the electric grills section.
Tip: Not found the right one yet? You can find many great swivel grills here.
FAQ About Electric Grills
An electric grill is a device that can be used to grill meat, vegetables or even fish. It is powered by electricity and can convert heat into energy. This means that there are no unpleasant odors and there is no need to light a fire.
There is no lighting as with a standard charcoal grill. Instead, the amperage can be regulated with a controller. Of course, the electric grill must be connected to a power outlet beforehand.
An electric grill can get as hot as 230 to 300 degrees Celsius.
This can effectively start dripping fat. It is therefore always a good idea to use a bowl of water, otherwise hot fat will burn in quickly and also cause a burnt smell. This way, you won’t have to clean the grill for too long later.
Electricity is converted into energy (heat) via an appropriate heating coil. Heat and current can thus be easily regulated with a controller. This has the advantage that no fire must be kindled and likewise no unpleasant smell develops.
It is recommended to set a relatively high temperature so that you can enjoy the steak quickly. It is also important to turn it regularly. As a rule, it should be grilled for 10 minutes per side until it is ready. The core temperature must also be around 57-59 degrees.
A wide variety of foods can be grilled on an electric grill. Among other things, meat, fish and vegetables such as tomatoes or peppers. You can grill anything that suits your preferences!
When buying an electric grill, you should make sure that it has at least 2000 watts, otherwise it won’t get hot enough and you might not be able to grill a piece of meat perfectly.
The price depends, among other things, on the equipment of the electric grill. Cheap copies can be purchased for as little as 20 euros, while high-quality models are much more expensive and cost around 400 euros.
First of all, the coarse dirt can be removed with a standard kitchen paper. Then it is possible to thoroughly wash and rinse the electric grill with a damp cloth. However, sponges made of steel wool should not be used, as they quickly destroy the surface.
Ultimately, you have to decide which equipment is best for you. However, it is worth investing in a high-quality model so that you can enjoy the device for a long time.
More On The Topic
Everything about grilling
- The 8 best raclette grills – guidebook
- The 7 best Landmann gas grills – guidebook
- The 8 best kettle grills – guidebook
- The 8 best table grills – guidebook
- The 6 best Weber grills – guidebook
- The best barbecue accessories – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – Guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue skewers – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 9 best grill grates – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery – Guidebook
- The 7 best barbecue coals – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue gloves – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue brushes – guidebook
Appliances for the kitchen
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 6 best popcorn machines – Guidebook
- The 10 best ice cube machines – guidebook
- The 7 best cotton candy machines – Guidebook
- The 10 best coffee grinders – guidebook
- The 8 best coffee makers – guidebook
- The 10 best french press coffee makers – How to guide
- The 8 best slow juicers – guidebook
- The 8 best bread makers – guidebook