Lawn sprinklers are a great way to keep your grass green and healthy during hot summer months. Here’s how to ensure a beautiful front yard with little effort.
We have summarized the types of lawn sprinklers available and what you need to look out for when buying them in a checklist for you. You can find a selection of great lawn sprinklers in our product recommendations.
- There are a variety of different lawn sprinklers that differ in their watering method.
- Circular sprinklers can be set up and water the surrounding grass using a rotating head
- Square sprinklers consist of tilting spray nozzles through which the lawn can be watered in all directions.
- Multi-surface sprinklers consist of a spray nozzle that uses pressure to create a wide stream that irrigates a targeted area.
- The pressure of the spray nozzles can usually be adjusted so that the lawn sprinkling can be adapted to your garden area.
- Lawn sprinklers are recommended during warm months when rainfall is absent or infrequent to ensure plants receive enough moisture.
- Sprinklers should only be turned on during the evening hours on hot days, as wet grass tends to burn under sunshine.
- A lot of watering should be done several times a week, rather than daily and less. Grass can store water well in the roots.
- Regular sprinkling of the garden gives the lawn a greener color and is generally healthier.
- In addition to the beautiful appearance, the roots are also deepened as well as strengthened.
Table of contents
Recommended Lawn Sprinklers
Here you can find the top 8 most popular lawn sprinklers.
Tip: You can find practical bench drills for your home workshop in our guide to bench drills.
The Best Sellers Of Lawn Sprinklers
We have compiled the most popular lawn sprinklers for you in this best-seller list.
Tip: Many great pulse watches for sports you will find in our guide to pulse watches.
Current Offers For Lawn Sprinkler
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the lawn sprinkler section.
FAQ About Lawn Sprinklers
A rule of thumb is that lawns should be sprinkled for at least 45 minutes. On open areas, the lawn sprinkler should run for 1 to 2 hours. If watering is too short, the water will not sink deep enough into the soil to reach the roots.
The basic principle of a lawn sprinkler is that spray nozzles rain water onto the surrounding lawn area to water the grass during dry months. Lawn sprinklers differ in the type of spray system, here we distinguish between circular, square and multi-surface sprinklers.
Due to the generated pressure of the connected pump, the head of a circular sprinkler rotates at regular intervals to ensure even watering.
Common lawn sprinklers use between 500 and 800 gallons of water per hour. Large models use more.
- The 12 best hedge trimmers – guidebook
- The 7 best leaf blowers – guidebook
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 7 best gardening gloves – guidebook
- The 5 best stump grinders – guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – How to
- The 7 best garden rollers – guidebook
Products from Gardena
- The 6 best Gardena hose boxes – Guidebook
- The 7 best Gardena lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 15 best gardening products by Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best water sockets from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best square sprinklers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 4 best Gardena scarifiers – guidebook
- The 6 best Gardena pop-up sprinklers – guidebook
- The 6 best sprinkler systems from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best Gardena hoses – guidebook
- The 5 best garden pumps from Gardena – Guidebook
Toys for the garden
- The 10 best frame pools for children – guidebook
- The 9 best sandboxes for children
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
- The 8 best badminton rackets for children – guidebook
- The 8 best footballs for children – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s pools with slide – advice
- The 105 best garden toys – guidebook
- The 8 best seesaws for the garden – guidebook