We have compared many pool heaters for you. Find out here what to look for when buying pool heat ers and what criteria you can use to recognize good pool heaters.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for pool heaters, but also many product recommendations for you.
- A pool heater warms the water to comfortable swimming temperatures.
- The pool heater can be electric or solar powered.
- Heat pump (heat by ambient air)
- Heatexchanger (heat by solar system)
- Electric pool heater (heat by electricity)
- The water is diverted after the water filter and then passes through the solar panels. In the process, it heats up and flows back into the pool.
- The connection after the water filter is important to keep the solar system efficient.
- Advantage: Uses free solar energy, easy to set up, high performance and long life, no maintenance costs, good for the environment.
- Disadvantage: Works only when the sun is shining, depending on the size of the pool, more than one may be needed.
- It is placed next to the pool and connected to the pool with glands. The outside air is attracted by the pump, heated and transferred to the pool.
- Advantages: hardly any operating costs, particularly efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Disadvantages: high initial costs, relatively large.
- Here, too, the water is diverted, heated by a heating coil inside the pump and released back into the pool.
- Advantages: easy installation and low initial cost, works regardless of the weather.
- Disadvantages: high electricity and operating costs, bad for the environment.
Table of contents
Recommended Pool Heaters
Here you can find the top 8 most popular pool heaters.
Tip: You can find many great pool robots in our The 7 Best Pool Robots – Guide.
The Best Sellers Of Pool Heaters
We have compiled the most popular pool heaters for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great pool covers in our The 8 Best Pool Covers – Guide.
Current Offers For Pool Heaters
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of pool heaters.
FAQ About Pool Heaters
As soon as a baby can sit, nothing stands in the way of fun splashing around. This is usually the case from 6 months , but can also occur earlier or later, depending on child development. Almost every child has fun in the water.
The fitter cartridge must be clean to function well. Therefore, you should check its condition once a week and clean it if necessary. If the dirt is heavy or cannot be removed, the filter cartridge should be changed. As a rule, this is enough every two weeks.
As a rule, the water can be used for one season. However, it is important that the pool is properly maintained, protected and cleaned (appropriate chemicals, filter use and maintenance, tarpaulin, if necessary, manual cleaning with a landing net, …).
A pool heater warms the pool water to comfortable bathing temperatures. They are made for outdoor use. Thus, even if it is still too cold in terms of temperature, the swimming season in your own pool can be opened earlier. If you need help with the selection, you are welcome to take a look at our guide. There we have listed recommended pool heaters and created a checklist with the most important purchase criteria.
This cannot be generalized. It is important to be clear about the respective advantages and disadvantages before buying a pool heater. In addition, it is also relevant for how many years and how often the pool heater is to be used, as this also affects the cost-benefit calculation. The environmental aspect also plays an important factor for most people. So it remains to be weighed individually.
The heating time per 1°C water temperature should not exceed four hours. However, this is always dependent on the power of the heater. You should choose it according to the size of the pool . For a heat pump, for example, a power of min. 9 kW is recommended for 30 – 40m³ (for 40 – 60m³ min. 12 kW power, for 50 – 80m³ min. 16 kW power). So pay attention to the manufacturer’s specifications on this.
- The most important pool accessories – guide
- The 7 best chlorine tablets for the pool – guidebook
- The 8 best water polo games for the pool – guidebook
- The 7 best sand filter systems for the pool – guidebook
- The 5 quick up pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best pool vacuums – guidebook
- The 7 best pool robots – guidebook
- The 8 best flocculants for the pool – guidebook
- The 10 best pool lights – guidebook
- The 8 best pool covers – guidebook
- The 8 best pH meters for the pool – guidebook
- The 17 best children’s pools – guidebook
- The 10 best Bestway pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best inflatable pools for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best frame pools for kids – guidebook
Sun hats for kids
- The 10 best sun hats for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 best sun hats for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best sunshades for strollers – guidebook
- The 9 best sun sails for strollers – guidebook
- The 10 best sunglasses for children – advice
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
Play ideas for outdoors
- The 9 best climbing nets for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing arches for children – advice
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – guidebook
- The 10 best socks for soccer players – How to guide
- The 6 best children’s boots for outdoors – guidebook
- The 10 best bouncy castles for indoors and outdoors – How to guide
- The best children’s swings – guidebook