Lift trucks lift immense quantities and are both maneuverable and mobile, so they make transportin daily logistics operations much easier. Not for nothing is the lift truck now a must in almost every company that deals with the transport and storage of goods . Above all, it is important for you whether you choose the cheaper hydraulic version of the lift truck or the more powerful electric version.
We have summarized the most important facts and figures on pallet trucks for you in our checklist . After an extensive comparison of different lift trucks, we have also listed the best lift trucks on the market in our product recommendations for you.
- Lift trucks are mainly designed for transporting Euro pallets . This is also reflected in the possible load capacity: This should be at least 2,000 kg. Most models achieve values of up to 2,500 kg here. For easier handling, tandem rollers and an electric drive are advantageous.
- There are two variants here. The hydraulic lift and the electric lift. With a hydraulic lift, the load is lifted by moving the tiller up and down . With an electric lift truck, this is done at the push of a button. So if you have to transport a lot and on a daily basis, an electric lift can take a lot of the load off your shoulders. However, most models get by with a hydraulic lift. Some lift trucks also have an integrated scale so that you can always keep an eye on the weight.
- This indicates the range in which the stroke can be varied. Depending on the model, it can be 75 – 190 mm< or 85 - 200 mm. The effective stroke indicates the range of movement in between and is approx. 110 mm to 115 mm. The higher the stroke height , the higher you can lift the cargo and thus better transport it over any obstacles.
- The fork length and width of a lift truck is based on the size of a standard Euro pallet (EUR 1). Their dimensions are standardized at a length of 1,200 mm and a width of 800 mm. However, industrial pallets (EUR 2) with a length of 1,200 mm in length and a width of 1,000 mm can also be transported without any problems.
- By adapting the dimensions to the pallet size, most lift trucks have very similar fork dimensions. The fork length is 1,150 mm, and the fork width is 160 mm.
- In addition, there are lift trucks with a fork length of sometimes significantly less than 1,000 mm, which are specially designed for narrower spaces.
- It is usually between 1,480 mm and 1,550 mm.
- Here the values are usually between 520 mm and 540 mm.
- Most lift trucks are equipped with tandem rollers , which have almost completely displaced the simple version. In the simple version, only one roller is installed at each of the front fork ends, while in the tandem solution, two rollers are installed directly behind each other. Tandem rollers allow you to glide over bumps much more safely. Fork rollers should ideally be made of rubber or polyurethane. Rubber casters are very quiet and provide good traction. They are higher quality than nylon coated casters.
- As a rule, pallet trucks are made of steel.
- Lift trucks weigh between 55 kg and 72 kg.
Table of contents
Recommended Lift Carts
Here you can find the top 7 most popular lift trucks.
Tip: There are practical tools for you in our guide to the best foxtail saws.
The Best Sellers Of The Lifting Carts
We have compiled the most popular lift trucks for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You’ll find lots of great barbecue tips in our guide to the best barbecue coals.
Current Offers For Lift Trucks
Here you will find a selection of current offers for lift trucks.
FAQ About Lift Trucks
The lift truck is an industrial truck designed to transport pallets, boxes and the like. It comes in manual and electric versions.
The lift truck has two forks, which are located close to the ground. With these, the pallet is fixed. The pallet is loaded by means of a pumping movement on the so-called “tiller”. Now it can be transported with the help of the wheels of the lift truck and steered with the “tiller arm”.
The term “ant” was coined by the Jungheinrich company to describe their lift truck the “Ant 55”.
Tandem rubber or polyurethane casters are normally used for lift trucks.
Prices vary depending on the manufacturer. Mini pallet trucks with a load capacity of about 500 kilograms can be purchased for 330 euros. Professional pallet trucks start at about 400 euros. Expensive, but very helpful are the electric pallet trucks. In the low-price segment, these devices are available from 1,200 euros.
Basically, either lithium-ion batteries or nickel-cadmium batteries are used in electric pallet trucks.
To bleed the lift truck, you just need to press down the “tiller” and possibly hold it.
The engineer Ivan Lundquist, is said to have invented the lift truck, but this is disputed.
The most common lift truck weighs 65 kg.
- The 6 most popular electric wheelbarrows
- The 7 best wheelbarrows – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s wheelbarrows – guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 20 best lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – guidebook
- The 7 best Gardena lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – guidebook