A moisture meter is advantageous in various areas. It can help you in everyday life with firewood and is also absolutely necessary on the construction site to perform optimal work.
Our checklist and the product recommendations inform you about the most important purchase criteria and help you to get the best moisture meter.
- With a moisture meter, often called a moisture meter, you can determine the moisture of different substances. You can measure the moisture content of the following materials, for example:
- The more materials are suitable for the particular model, the better. Some moisture meters you can use with up to 100 materials.
- If you are the proud owner of a fireplace, you know the problem. The wood from the hardware store just won’t light. The reason is usually too high humidity
- Good firewood should ideally have a residual moisture of no more than 25%. This is also the value specified by law to keep emission levels within limits
- Unfortunately, commercial firewood often has a significantly higher moisture content. It can be up to 40 %. Therefore, the use of a moisture meter is of great importance here.
- With a moisture meter you can check the moisture of building materials such as screed and concrete.
- You can also determine the moisture level of masonry walls and plaster.
- On the construction site, you can carry out regular on -site inspections and thus prevent possible construction defects.
- A material moisture measurement of walls is especially necessary if you have discovered mold spores in the room.
- A moisture meter that can determine the humidity of the air is very useful, for example, when using an ethanol fireplace.
- Most devices give the values in percent.
- However, there are also moisture meters designed for the predominantly professional field, which take a measurement in digits, 1 digit corresponds to the voltage of 0.1 volts. These measurements are much more accurate.
- Depending on the model, the measuring ranges are approx. 0 – 85 % or 0 – 100 digits.
- It is important that a non-destructive measurement is possible, which means that the material is not damaged by the measurement. The penetration depth ranges from 1 mm up to 60 mm.
Table of contents
Recommended Moisture Meters
Here you can find the top 7 most Popular Moisture Meters.
Tip: Here you can find the best flat tongs.
The Best Sellers Of Humidity Meter
We have compiled the most popular moisture meters for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Be sure to check out our guide to paint rollers.
Current Offers For Moisture Meter
Here you can find a selection of current offers for moisture meters.
FAQ About Moisture Meters
There are several types of devices to measure moisture. One non-destructive option is measurement by electromagnetic waves. Here, however, only a depth of a few centimeters can be measured. If you want to measure deeper, you should choose a device that is explicitly designed for this purpose. As a rule, these are devices that measure using microwaves.
The use of a moisture meter depends on the type of device. Capacitive measurements are especially common, they work without damaging the material. It is only necessary to hold the device against the material to be tested. Attention: one should pay attention to the manufacturer’s instructions, because depending on the device the measuring depth reaches only a few centimeters.
Depending on the area for which you want to use the moisture meter, the choice can vary. Use our checklist to find out which functions are relevant for you and then choose a moisture meter from our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best air quality meters – guidebook
- The 6 best measuring rods for children – guidebook
- The 8 best laser meters – guidebook
- The 7 best protractors – guidebook
- The 10 best calipers – guidebook
- The 8 best measuring tools – adviser
- The 8 best pH meters for the pool – How to guide
- The 10 best tool carts – Advisor
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – Guidebook
- The 12 best cordless screwdrivers – How to guide
- The 7 best screwdrivers – How to
- The 6 best screw clamps – How to
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 10 best toolboxes – advisor
- The 15 best cordless screwdrivers – guidebook