Table of contents
You have cut down a tree and do not know how to remove the stump? Then you should think about buying a stump grinder. It removes the roots of the tree stump, making it easy to take out the stump.
All the information you need about the stump grinder can be found in our checklist. Our product recommendations present you with a practical selection of stump grinders.
- Stumpgrinders, also known as tree stump grinders, are available with a variety of drive forms.
- The hand-driven st ump grinder is usually single-axle and has a rigid milling arm.
- The hydraulically powered stump grinder is controlled either by cable or by radio. This allows you to move farther away from the machine during operation. Accordingly, there is less risk of injury.
- In addition, there are stump grinders without their own drive, which serve as an attachment for the tractor, excavator or wheel bearing.
- Stump grinders are usually equipped with a gasoline engine.
- The displacement is about 420 to 450 cc, depending on the model.
- This gives the tillers a power output of about 13 to 18.5 hp.
- A manual or electric start makes it easier to turn on the engine.
- Stump grinders are equipped with a rotating cutting tool, the milling disc.
- The milling disc consists of a permanently installed wear plate and carbide-covered milling teeth.
- The milling teeth can be replaced depending on the manufacturer.
- If the stump is to be completely removed after milling the tree trunk, you need a milling machine whose milling disc penetrates a good 80 cm into the ground.
- In the best case, the rotation speed can be adjusted continuously.
- Stump grinders weigh at least 100 kg.
- To ensure that you can transport the tiller easily, the dimensions must fit the transport vehicle. Also make sure that you can get it through all doors and gates without any problems. A narrow width of about 750 to 1000 mm is recommended.
- Stump grinders with a height-adjustable handle are useful for ergonomic work.
- For safety reasons , hand-held stump grinders should have a so-called dead man’s switch. If you let go of the drive, the machine switches off automatically.
- Some models come with safety equipment that includes safety glasses, hearing protection and gloves.
Recommended Stump Grinders
Here you can find the top 5 most popular stump grinders.
Tip: You can find practical door cl amps in our guide to door clamps.
The Best Sellers Of Stump Grinders
We have compiled the most popular stump grinders for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You like to play poker? Then take a look at our guide to poker cases.
Current Offers For Stump Grinders
Here you will find a selection of current offers for stump grinders.
FAQ About Stump Grinders
The stump grinder is placed over the tree stump. By lowering the cutter head, the vertically adjusted cutter blades penetrate the roots of the tree stump and shred them by rotation. The removed root material is transported to the surface.
A stump grinder is a great tool for removing tree stumps in gardening and landscaping.
Common stump grinders are used to a depth of about 40 inches.
More On The Topic
Garden and more
- The 7 best garden rollers – guide
- The 7 best garden hoses – guide
- The 8 best garden huts for storage – guidebook
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 20 best lawn mowers – advice
- The 8 best sappies – guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook
- The 8 best pliers – guidebook
- The 8 best Leatherman multitools – guidebook
- The 7 best batting cords – Advisor
- The 7 best spirit levels – How to
- The 6 best screw clamps – How to
- The 7 best screwdrivers – How to
- The 7 best vices – How to
- The 8 best combination pliers – advisor
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook