The angle grinder is a very useful tool, because you can polish or grind certain materials with it. It can therefore be used well for everyday work. However, the angle grinder is mainly used outdoors, as you can use it very well to work on stone slabs or other tiles.
We have compiled a suitable checklist for you so that you can ultimately decide on the right angle grinder . With the help of our product recommendations, it is also possible for you to view specific examples and receive concrete purchase suggestions.
- Angle grinders with a disc diameter of 115, 125 or 150 mm belong to the compact class. These are very handy and often weigh less than 2 kg.
- Discs with a diameter of 180 or 230 mm have a much higher cutting capacity and are found on heavier machines. These are particularly suitable for cutting metal pipes.
- Classic angle grinders with mains operation are cheap to buy and powerful. However, the length of the cable determines your range.
- For users who want to be flexible, a cordless angle grinder is the better option today. Professional sets with interchangeable battery and quick chargerare available.
- 300 to 1,000 watts is what handy compact angle grinders deliver. They are suitable for occasional use in private households.
- In the medium power category, there are 1,000 to 1,500 wat ts. These devices are already suitable for home and craftsmen.
- The heavier models, on which you can also mount larger discs, sometimes reach 2,800 wat ts and more. These are suitable for cutting pipes and metal beams on the construction site.
- No information about the cutting and grinding performance gives the wattage for devices with battery operation.
- The overload protection should be part of the equipment of an angle grinder. It prevents motor damage in the case of too demanding cutting outputs.
- A restart protection can save you from cutting injuries . After an interrupted power supply, it prevents the machine from switching on independently.
- Models with soft start and electronic speed control or constantspeed control are particularly convenient for the user.
- For quick disc changes, a quick-release nut is an alternative to the classic face nut and the corresponding wrench.
- Every angle grinder is supplied with a protective hood. This should be easily removable and adjustable.
- An angle grinder should only be operated with the proper protective clothing.
- Safety glasses or visors will protect your eyes from flying sparks and metal chips.
- Safety shoes and only flame-resistant cotton clothing should also be worn.
- In some circumstances, even hearing protection or a dust mask can be beneficial.
Table of contents
Recommended Angle Grinders
We have compiled the best and most interesting angle grinders. You can find our recommendations for angle grinders here.
Tip: Get more information on the most popular measuring toolshere.
The Best Sellers Of Angle Grinder
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular angle grinders for you.
Tip: You can learn more about the best bench drills in this article.
Current Offers Of Angle Grinders
You can find the best current offers on angle grinders in this list.
FAQ About Angle Grinders
An angle grinder is a tool that has a round disc that rotates. You can use it to cut through even very solid material with relative ease. As a rule, the angle grinder is also operated with only one hand. However, you can also purchase so-called two-hand angle grinders in stores, which are, however, much larger.
When buying an angle grinder, you should make sure that it is as powerful as possible. Most devices also have a rechargeable battery. Therefore, you must always remember to charge the angle grinder before using it. However, angle grinders with a cord cannot be used in any place, as there must always be a power outlet nearby.
With an angle grinder, you can effortlessly cut through various materials. It does not matter whether it is stone, tile or metal. For woodworking, however, the angle grinder is only suitable to a limited extent, as the rotating disc can quickly get caught in the material.
If possible, the suitable disc should not weigh more than 2 kilograms. A larger diameter of the disc also ensures that you can cut more precisely. Such a disc is used, for example, when cutting metal pipes.
A high-quality angle grinder can cost up to 200 euros. However, this also depends on what accessories are included.
Angle grinders can be purchased in a wide variety of sizes and therefore have different diameters. However, the most popular have a diameter between 125 and 230 mm.
Angle grinders are relatively loud and can cause lasting damage to your hearing if you do not protect yourself adequately. Sometimes they can have a volume of 80 to 100 decibels. The noise level should never exceed 110 decibels.
In the past, the angle grinder was often titled flex, because it worked via a flexible shaft. Basically, therefore, it can be stated that Flex is simply another common name for the angle grinder and, accordingly, these are not two different devices.
You should always operate the angle grinder only with the proper protective clothing. Safety glasses and a suitable visor are mandatory to prevent serious injuries. But gloves, safety shoes or a dust mask can also be advantageous, depending on your needs. To prevent long-term damage to your ears, you should also wear hearing protection.
An extraction hood, for example, can help you to remove the dust so that you don’t have to constantly breathe in dust. The angle grinder itself usually comes with a protective hood. This can help you store the angle grinder without possibly injuring your children or yourself. An overload protection is also highly recommended, as this prevents motor damage at higher loads.
In fact, the disc of the angle grinder can wear out over time, become blunt or even break off piece by piece Therefore, be sure to pay attention to the manufacturer’s specifications and replace the angle grinder in time. Otherwise, serious injuries or an unsatisfactory result can be the consequence. Many manufacturers even indicate a specific expiration date. Usually, this is about 3 years.
A very powerful angle grinder sometimes comes up to 2800 watts. However, certain models only have a wattage of 1000 to 1500. Therefore, consider beforehand for what work you need the angle grinder specifically and how powerful it should therefore be.
More On The Topic
- The 7 best random orbital sanders – guidebook
- The 10 best double grinders – guidebook
- The 8 best delta grinders – guidebook
- The 8 best concrete grinders – Guidebook
- The 8 best belt sanders – guidebook
Tools & Accessories
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best pneumatic hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best roofing hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 6 best hammer drills – guidebook
- The 7 best demolition hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best drills – guidebook
- The 7 best twist drills – guidebook
- The 15 best cordless screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – How to
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook
- The 10 best tool trolleys – advisor
- The 15 best tool bags for on the road – Guidebook
- The 7 best adjustable wrenches – Guidebook
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 8 best jigsaws – guidebook
- The 8 best sawhorses – guidebook
- The 7 best reciprocating saws – guidebook
- The 8 best power saws – guidebook
- The 6 best hole saws – guidebook
- The 7 best hand saws – guidebook
- The 14 best circular hand saws – guidebook
- The 10 best Japanese saws – guidebook