A jackhammer can be quite helpful to you if you want to do renovation work on your house, for example. Among other things, it is also possible to demolish buildings or break up concrete or rock. Basically, jackhammers are available in smaller and larger versions. Therefore, you should first consider where you want to use the jackhammer.
We have created a checklist for you so that you can start the purchase of your jackhammer sufficiently informed. In our product recommendations you will also find numerous different jackhammers.
- Pneumatic breakersand demolition hammers are used for breaking up concrete and rock. They find their use in road construction, as well as in the demolition of buildings.
- Smaller variants are suitable for everyday use, for example, in renovations, while larger representatives are more likely to be used on construction sites.
- The impact force of the hammers usually varies in a range between 10 and 50 joules and is suitable for different types of work, depending on the strength.
- The small variants of pneumatic hammers have a weight from about 4kg upwards and operate at about 1000 watts or more. They are also suitable for removing plaster and wall sections, for example.
- The larger models often weigh over 15 kg and run at up to 2000 watts. With these variants and the right hammer drill, you can also tackle concrete floors.
- There are different heads for a jackhammer, which can be exchanged. Usually, there are matching hammer drill and several chisels.
- When choosing a jackhammer , you need to consider where and how you want to use it. A smaller, lightweight version will obviously be easier to transport and handle, while a larger one with more impact power will be more efficient.
- When buying, also make sure you have matching hammer drills and chisels on hand. For longer jobs, buying a set certainly makes sense.
- Likewise, firm handles are a must so that you can’t slip or accidentally drop the hammer while working.
Table of contents
Recommended Pneumatic Hammers
We have compiled the best and most interesting jackhammers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find the best caulking hammers in this article.
The Best Sellers Of Jackhammers
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular jackhammers for you.
Tip: Are you still missing the right tool? Here you can find out everything about the best screwdrivers.
Current Offers Of Pneumatic Hammers
You can find the best current offers on jackhammers in this list.
FAQ About Pneumatic Hammers
The jackhammer is a device with which you can, among other things, break out robust floors and walls made of stone or concrete. Therefore, the jackhammer is often used on construction sites. However, smaller versions can also be purchased for renovation work.
A jackhammer usually costs 100 to 200 euros, depending on the equipment and accessories.
A jackhammer is very loud and comes to about 90 decibels. For comparison: from 120 decibels, the ears are permanently damaged by prolonged exposure. Therefore, hearing protection can definitely be useful when using a jackhammer.
Out of respect alone, you should not subject your neighbors to the noise of a jackhammer all day long. In principle, however, you are allowed to use it from 7 am to 8 pm. There are even so-called exemptions, which allow you to work on Sundays and holidays in exceptional cases. Please note, however, that in most cases such a permit will not be granted.
In the device there is a piston, which works by means of compressed air. As a result, the machine moves and can act on various materials.
Powerful models can certainly provide up to 2000 watts. Smaller pneumatic hammers, on the other hand, are designed for only 1000 watts.
Smaller jackhammers weigh about 4 kilograms, while larger models can weigh up to 15 kilograms. For smaller home jobs, however, a small model is usually quite sufficient.
You can usually change the heads of the hammer and buy them separately. There are also entire sets that contain a chisel or a hammer drill. If you want to transport the hammer often, you should buy a box in which you can store the jackhammer. The right work clothes are also important so that you do not injure yourself during work.
The impact force of the hammer is between 10 and 50 joules. Thus, the strength can vary depending on the device.
Tools & Accessories
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best sledge hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 6 best hammer drills – guidebook
- The 7 best demolition hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 7 best sets of grub screws – adviser
- The 8 best line finders – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting axes – adviser
- The 10 best log splitters – How to
- The 7 best bench drills – guidebook
- The 7 best drills – guidebook
- The 7 best angle grinders – How to
- The 10 best tool carts – Advisor
- The 10 best tool cases – How to
- The 6 best hole saws – Guidebook
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 7 best work pants for men – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – Guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – adviser
- The 12 best work clothes – Guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – Guidebook
- The 7 best cut resistant pants – Guidebook
- The 8 best safety goggles – guidebook
- The 8 best earmuffs – guidebook
- The 9 best hearing protectors – guidebook
- The 10 best face masks – adviser