You are planning a fancy pattern and need the right tool for it? A jigsaw could be the remedy. Thanks to its flexible and easy handling, every do-it-yourselfer will succeed in creating the pattern he or she envisions.
Find out why a jigsaw is so practical for individual work and what all there is to consider when buying one in our checklist. A list of great jigsaws can be found in our product recommendations.
- Jigsaws are characterized by their flexibility. You can cut straight, diagonal, or even curved with this saw.
- Curved cutting is where the wheat is separated from the chaff. Especially with inexpensive models, the saw blade can shear off to the side. This unfortunately gives you a cutting edge that can deviate significantly from the desired 90-degree angle.
- Especially if you often want to cut thicker workpieces, such as countertops for the kitchen, you should choose a jigsaw with a high cutting speed.
- Ideally, the jigsaw will have a way to preset the speed.
- A slower cutting speed usually results in a cleaner cut edge, but the saw is less powerful.
- The speed of the jigsaw is determined by the respective stroke rate. The higher the stroke rate, the faster you can cut.
- On average, a jigsaw can make between 12 and 16 ten-centimeter cuts per minute in spruce wood. Good jigsaws can even achieve over 20 cuts. This can vary significantly depending on the material being sawn.
- Breaks are necessary to keep the saw from running hot.
- Most models today have a pendulum stroke. If it can be switched off, this offers the advantage of a less frayed cutting pattern.
- The pendulum stroke pushes the saw blade forward with each stroke. This makes sawing easier, but has a similar effect to a high cutting speed.
- Almost all models do not require an additional tool to change the saw blade. They have a lever or similar device that allows you to conveniently open and close the saw blade holder.
- Jigsaws usually weigh between about 1.5 kg to almost 3 kg. Even if it doesn’t sound very heavy at first glance – more weight can make a big difference.
- Heavy machines usually have more power, but can tire you out very quickly.
- Again, the effect is often underestimated. Cable length can vary from about 2 meters to up to 4 meters. The longer the cable, the more flexible and comfortable you can work.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 8 most popular jigsaws.
Tip: You can find great garden huts in our guide to garden huts.
The Best Sellers Of Jigsaws
We have compiled the most popular jigsawsfor you in this bestseller list.
Tip: For cold drinks in the summer, check out our guide to beverage refrigerators.
Current Offers For Jigsaws
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available for jigsaws.
FAQ About Jigsaws
Depending on the intended use and personal taste, there are many options for choosing a jigsaw. Check out our product recommendations, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for there.
The intended use and the material to be processed are responsible for which jigsaw is best suited. You can find a wide selection in our product recommendations.
The clamped saw blade is moved up and down at high speed by a stroke motion. In modern saws, the back of the blade is supported by a roller to guide the blade.
The workpiece should not be turned over before machining. For example, if a countertop for the kitchen is being sawn, the side that is up in the kitchen should be up during sawing.
It is the side away from the saw that frays. A chip guard can prevent unsightly fraying.
For your own safety, always saw away from your body. The cable should be led away to the rear so that it does not come into contact with the saw blade.
For a beautiful sawing result, the workpiece should be processed as it will be installed after completion.
There is no universal answer to this question. Check out our product recommendations, a wide range of jigsaws is presented there.
When working on kitchen countertops, the saw blade should be longer than the countertop thickness to create a straight cut. A low saw speed will give a nice result, nevertheless, the saw must work fast enough to saw the wood.
The surface that is on top after processing should be on top during processing.
A pendulum stroke on a jigsaw ensures that the saw blade not only moves up and down, but also back and forth. The sawing performance increases with a pendulum stroke, but the cut suffers because it now frays more.
The saw blades supplied with the jigsaw should be used. When buying new, make sure that the saw blades are compatible with the jigsaw.
A jigsaw can saw different shapes in wood panels by vertical movements of the saw blade.
For precise or individual work, a jigsaw is more suitable. For simple sawing, a circular saw is more practical, because you can saw faster with it.
More On The Topic
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best reciprocating saws – guidebook
- The 10 best Japanese saws – guidebook
- The 8 best crosscut saws – guidebook
- The 7 best sliding table saws – guidebook
- The 8 best power saws – guidebook
- The 6 best hole saws – guidebook
- The 8 best foxtail saws – guidebook
- The 7 best hand saws – guidebook
- The 8 best fine saws – guidebook