A tool box proves to be very practical. In it, the tools can not only be stored, but also sorted . So you will quickly find what you need when you need it. Depending on your needs, there are empty cases as well as cases filled with tools.
Our checklist and the product recommendations below will help you choose the best tool case for you.
- If you already own a variety of tools, then an empty tool case to store your tools in is recommended.
- Filled tool cases already contain a variety of tools that are designed to meet the needs of electricians, locksmiths and other tradesmen, depending on their intended use.
- Plastic is a popular and proven material for tool cases today. Mostly it is ABS, a very impact resistant and sturdy plastic. The advantage of tool cases made of plastic is the relatively low weight with high strength.
- Aluminum is also commonly used in the manufacture of tool cases. Aluminum is lightweight and durable. Tools are stored in these cases in special foam inserts or compartments. The disadvantage is that aluminum can dent.
- Steel tool cases are usually offered only as empty tool cases. Their space is smaller and the cases are already relatively heavy without contents.
- With already filled tool cases you have no influence on the equipment of the case. The compartments and shelves are specified by the manufacturer.
- With an empty tool case you should pay attention to which inserts are available and which tools fit in.
- Optimal are tool cases, where you can adjust the division according to your needs.
- For equipped tool cases, the dimensions and weight depend on the tools contained in the tool case. Equipped tool cases have a size of approx. 20 x 20 x 36 cm to 55 x 50 x 30 cm. They weigh between approx. 5 and 13 kg, depending on the type and number of tools.
- Empty tool cases are also available in different sizes. The classic sheet steel tool case with pull-out compartments, for example, measures about 43 x 20 x 20 cm and weighs about 3.6 kg. Plastic cases are much lighter with an empty weight of 2 to 2.5 kg for the same capacity.
Table of contents
Recommended Tool Cases
We have compiled the best and most interesting tool cases. You can find our product recommendations here.
Tip: Discover the best workbenches for home here.
The Best Sellers Of Toolboxes
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular tool cases for you.
Tip: Workbenches for children are also very popular.
Current Offers Of Tool Cases
You can find the best current offers on toolboxes in this list.
FAQ About Tool Cases
The contents of a toolbox can differ individually, depending on the focus of the work and intended use. Instead of laboriously picking all the parts together, you can also take a high-quality toolbox set. These variants are already filled with the most important tools and can be purchased in different designs and sizes. We have picked out the best 10 tool cases and listed them for you in our guide. This makes the choice easier. Now only one question remains: What do you start with?
There are several brands that have good tool cases on offer. For example Brüder Mannesmann or KNIPEX. We have picked out the best tool cases and listed them in our guide.
There is no universal answer to this question, because different professions need different tools. Consider in advance which tools are useful for you and look in our recommendations for the tool case that suits you best.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook
- The 10 best tool carts – guidebook
- The 7 best workbenches – guidebook
- The 10 best hand planers
- The 6 best planer benches for the workshop – Guidebook
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 7 best protractors
- The 7 best angle grinders
- The 7 best drills
- The 7 best bench drills
- The 7 best felling jacks
- The 8 best delta grinders
- The 6 best hammer drills
- The 7 best pneumatic hammers
- The 10 best paste machines
- The 7 best sliding table saws
- The 14 best circular saws
- The 5 best needle scalers
- The 8 best line finders
- The 7 best screwdrivers
- The 7 best sets of grub screws