Cutter knives cut even very hard materials and can be reused countless times. The very practical and resistant tools are therefore indispensable in the everyday life of the craftsman. The cutter knife is also a great helper in the household. You should select the cutter knife according to your purpose because depending on the objective you need different blades made of different materials.
In our checklist we help you to find the perfect cutter knife for your purpose. In addition, we make the selection easier for you in our product recommendations, here we have collected the best cutter knives for DIY and household for you.
- As you’ve probably guessed, the blade is sometimes the most important thing about the cutter knife. Therefore, make sure that there is a sharp blade on your new cutter knife . This will allow you to cut medium-hard materials that are otherwise difficult to separate.
- Ideally, the front part of your cutter knife should be made of metal, as this will reduce wear and tear. In particular, when pressure is applied to the object being cut, the metal cap will protect against plastic parts of the cutter knife breaking off.
- If you want to cut solid objects, such as plastic or even laminate, you should definitely opt for the heavier version of the metal cutter knife. If you only need the cutter knife to cut cardboard, the”office version” made of plastic will do. The smaller plastic version is great for crafting and light renovation work.
- Be sure to let them break off the spent blade starts as they wear. That way, you can keep using the blade up to eight times.
- In any case, the blade should be replaceable. Replacement blades for a cutter knife fit in any regular case and are easy to replace without tools.
- If you are unsure about using cutter knives, you should go for a safety cutter knife. These are usually used in industry and crafts and have an automatic blade retraction. This means you don’t have to worry about retracting the blade yourself after each use to prevent injuries.
Table of contents
Recommended Cutter Knives For Do-It-Yourselfers
Tip: In our guide to the best RC models from Tamiya there are many great model cars for you to discover.
The Best Sellers Of Cutter Knives For Do-It-Yourselfers
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular cutter knives for you.
Tip: Would you like to learn something about sports and leisure? Then check out our guide to the best boxing gloves.
Current Offers Of Cutter Knives For Do-It-Yourselfers
Here you will find a collection of current offers on cutter knives for DIYers.
FAQ About Cutter Knives
A cutter knife is a small, extremely sharp knife with a retractable blade.
First remove the plastic flap at the end of the cutter knife. Now you need to pull the slider as far back as possible.
- The 15 best chef’s knives – guide
- The 10 best Santoku knives – Guidebook
- The 7 best Swiss Army Knives – Guidebook
- The 8 best carving knives – Guidebook
- The 6 best carving knives for children – guidebook
- The 8 best outdoor knives – Guidebook
- The 8 best hunting knives – Guidebook
- The 8 best cutter knives for do-it-yourselfers – Guidebook
- The 7 best pocket knives for children – Guidebook
- The 7 best work pants for men – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – Guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – advice
- The 12 best work clothes – Guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – guidebook
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best jackhammers – guidebook
- The 7 best sledge hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 6 best hammer drills – guidebook