A hole saw can be used to saw round holes in masonry, wood and many other materials. Before installing sockets or various pipes, it is essential and is therefore needed for renovation work and house construction.
You can find a checklist with information about hole saws here. You can find the right hole saw for your purposes in our product recommendations.
- You can use a hole saw to saw circular holes in various materials. They are used as an attachment for a drill.
- Thesize of the hole depends on the diameter of the cylindrical saw blade. It is placed on a suitable mounting plate and attached to the drill. As a rule, 6 to 8 different saw blade sizes can be placed on the plate.
- To fix it in place, you insert a centering bit in the middle of the mounting plate, which holds the hole saw in place during sawing.
- Once the hole saw with the right diameter is ready, you can easily drill appropriate holes for, for example, pipes or sockets in wood, plaster, or insulation.
- In the best case, a set of saw blades in different sizes belongs to a hole saw. The diameter can range from 19 mm to 152 mm. The hole depth can also vary and sometimes goes up to 40 mm, but can also be less.
- The saw blades include one or more mounting plates that hold them in place and attach them to the drill.
- Also, there should be at least one drill bit for fixing. They are usually around 80 mm long and can be attached to the drill with two different adapters.
- The smaller adapter provides fixation for saw blades up to 32 mm in diameter and the wider one for all larger variants.
- Of course, it is important for the selection how big and deep the holes you want to saw should be. If you want to use the saw often, for example when renovating or at work, it is advisable to purchase a comprehensive set.
- When buying, make sure that the drill bits also come with two matching adapters so that you don’t have any problems fixing all blade sizes.
- In the best case, the saw blades of your hole saw are made of bimetal. With these blades you can even mill holes in soft metal.
Table of contents
Recommended Hole Saws
Tip: You can find CR7 j erseys in our guide to Ronaldo jerseys.
The Best Sellers Of Hole Saws
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular hole saws for you.
Tip: You can find beautiful Baby-Borns in our guide to Baby-Borns.
Current Offers Of Hole Saws
Here you will find a collection of current offers on hole saws.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
A hole saw is a saw that can “drill” round holes of various sizes. It is placed on the material and by turning the saw head, cylindrical shapes can be sawn out of walls or the like.
Which hole saw is the right one depends on the intended use and the material. You will find a good selection in our product recommendations.
The size of household sockets is standardized in Germany. A hole saw with an attachment of 68 mm is required.
A hole saw with a 68 mm attachment is required for cavity wall sockets, just as for electrical outlets.
For working with wood, use a hole saw that has a wood-receiving shank.
For work on tile, use a hole saw that has a mounting shank that is compatible with tile. Otherwise, unsightly cracks may appear in the tiles.
More On The Subject
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guide
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best flat chisels – guidebook
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best sliding table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best spirit levels – How to
- The 12 best cordless screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 7 best drills – How to
- The 7 best bench drills – guidebook
Garden and more
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 7 best garden rollers – guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – guidebook
- The 10 most popular lawn spreaders
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 10 best garden toys from 1 year – guidebook
- The 5 best playground equipment from Gartenpirat – Advisor
- The 6 best garden saunas – guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook