Pressure washers allow you to clean large areas quickly and easily. Whether it’s your car, your garden, or your garage – the pressure washer is a great upgrade to a garden hose and rag.
To help you decide which pressure washer to buy, we have compiled a checklist of all the important criteria. You can find the right pressure washer for your purposes in our product recommendations.
- High-pressure clean ers differ in the amount of water transported. Devices for private use convey between 300 and 500 liters per hour.
- For normal household use, a motor output of 1.5 kW is sufficient, and the working pressure should be at least 100 bar.
- The pressure coupled with the volume of water delivered gives the cleaning power of the pressure washer.
- High-pressure cleaners are used for cleaning paved surfaces, walls or buildings in general .
- Another area of application is the cleaning of motor vehicles.
- For delicate surfaces, it is recommended to use low pressure in order not to cause damage. Robust surfaces can be cleaned with high pressure.
- Due to the high pressure, small parts (e.g. small stones) of the surface to be cleaned often come loose, which can cause injuries if they hit you. Therefore, it is always recommended to wear safety glasses, and a helmet should be worn when working under very high pressure. You should also always wear ear protection to protect your ear canal.
- The pressure is highest at the nozzle. Under no circumstances should you reach into the jet from a short distance.
- In general, you should always work with a pressure washer at a sufficient distance from the surface to be cleaned.
Table of contents
Recommended High Pressure Cleaners
We have compiled the best and most interesting pressure washers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many great soccer balls for kids in our guide to soccer balls for kids.
The Best Sellers Of High Pressure Washer
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular high-pressure cleaners for you.
Tip: You can find practical cell phone holders for the car in our guide to cell phone holders.
Current Offers Of High Pressure Cleaners
You can find the best current offers on pressure washers in this list.
FAQ About High Pressure Cleaners
High-pressure cleaners are supplied with water via the water connection and pressurize it using the built-in pump. This causes the water to escape in a powerful and precise jet, which can be used to easily clean floors or objects.
Pressure washers are available from various manufacturers. On this page, we have compiled the most popular models for you. Choose a pressure washer that suits your needs and budget. You will surely find what you are looking for.
Depending on the motor power, high-pressure cleaners have between 15 and 1000 bar water pressure. For thorough cleaning, a minimum pressure of 100 bar is recommended.
A high-pressure cleaner requires a power connection and a water connection. Particularly powerful high-pressure cleaners require a power connection.
Which nozzle is the right one depends on the area to be cleaned and the budget.
Common high-pressure cleaners for household use consume between 300 and 500 liters of water per hour. Models with higher engine power sometimes consume over 2000 liters per hour.
Simple high-pressure cleaners are available from 200 €. Professional models sometimes cost over €4000.
Protective work clothing
- The 8 best earmuffs – guidebook
- The 8 best safety goggles – guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – Guidebook
- The 7 best work pants for men – Guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – Guidebook
- The 10 best forestry helmets – Guidebook
- The 7 best cut protection pants – guidebook
- The 6 best open-end wrench sets – guidebook
- The 7 best socket wrench sets – Guidebook
- The 10 best Allen wrenches – How to
- The 12 best cordless screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guidebook
- The 8 best sawhorses – guidebook
- The 7 best flat nose pliers – guidebook
Garden and more
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 8 best garden sheds for storage – guidebook
- The 20 best lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – Guidebook
- The 7 best garden rollers – guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – guidebook