No toolbox should be without a protractor. With a protractor you can easily measure angles.
To find the right protractor for you, take a look at our product recommendations. The checklist gives you an insight into everything you need to know.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Protractor
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular protractors for you.
Checklist For Protractors
- Absolute precision is essential here.
- Just a few degrees of deviation will make your work look crooked. In the worst case, the fit is no longer given and you have to start all over again.
- Ideally, you should use a modern device with a digital display that allows you to read off the angle to one decimal place.
- The deviations should not be more than 0.1° to 0.3°. This tolerance limit should not be exceeded.
- Values of a deviation of 0.5° or more are a real minus.
- Always make sure that the measuring range is as high as possible. Depending on the model, the values of the measuring range are from 0° to 270°. Some devices only cover a range of 0° to 200°, others 0° to 360 °.
- The longer the legs are, the more possibilities the protractor offers you. On the other hand, short legs are practical because they take up less space.
- However, we recommend a device with longer legs. The length of the legs of the different models varies between 30 cm and 45 cm.
- There are protractors that are made of plastic or metal. Many craftsmen prefer the models made of aluminum. They are a little more robust than the products made of plastic. However, in the end, this is a matter of personal taste.
- A built-in spirit level saves you a lot of additional measuring work. With some spirit levels, the bubble is inserted vertically, with others horizontally.
- However, some protractors also offer both variants, which significantly increases the convenience.
- Many protractors have an illuminated display, which is easy to read. Very few models hold magnetically.
- Also a scale is unfortunately searched in vain for some digital protractors. Thus, they can only be used as a ruler to a very limited extent.
- On the other hand, other manufacturers offer not only the metric system in centimeters used in mainland Europe but also the imperial system in inches commonly used in Great Britain and the USA.
- The weight of the offered models varies from just about 85 g to 1,400 g.
We have compiled the best and most interesting protractors. You can find our recommendations of protractors here.
- 【Large LCD Display & High Precision】 Preciva digital protractor is equipped with a large LCD display for easy reading; Measuring Range: 0~999.9°; Accuracy ±0.3°; Resolution 0.1°.
- 【Locking Function】Convenient locking screw-by pressing the screw, the ruler can be kept at any angle.For maintain its accuracy and read it easily, Preciva angle finder could be locked at any angle.
- 【2 in 1 Digital Protractor】Digital stainless steel ruler and angle finder combo makes precise measurements.the hinge mechanism on the angle rule allows complete 360-degree measurement of internal and reverse angles; The protractor combines standard and metric scale scales.Relative and absolute angle measurement.
- 【Durable Rulers & Low Power Consumption】The digital protractor angle gauge & angle finder durable stainless steel body can be used for a long time; HOLD and RESET function, laser engraving scale, clear and accurate, will not fall off.In addition, it also has the advantage of energy saving, it will automatically close after 6 minutes of inactivity.
- 【Battery Included】Large capacity standby with automatic power-off function ,use a CR2032 button battery to work for more than 2000 hours .Saving power consumption and extending battery life.
- flat square, angle measuring scale, parallel marker, marking stencil and drill guide for concealed hinges in one device
- removable plastic limit stop for precise working on surfaces or edges
- high-quality metal design with scale on both sides
Tip: You can find the best stations from LEGO in our guide to them.
Current Offers Of Protractors
You can find the best current deals on protractors in this list.
Tip: The best figures of LEGO Star Wars you will find in our matching guide.
FAQ About Protractors
A protractor is used to measure and enter angles. It is therefore a tool. In technical language also called goniometer.
The protractor must be placed precisely on the angle to be measured. When everything is set correctly, the angle can be read.
A protractor can either have the shape of a semicircle or look like a long ruler with another fold-out ruler.
With a protractor it is important to work precisely and neatly. If you work accurately, it is no problem to measure out angles neatly.
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook
- The 6 best planer benches for the workshop – guidebook
- The 10 best tool carts – Guidebook
- The 10 best toolboxes – guidebook
- The 8 best measuring tools – Guidebook
- The 6 best watchmaker tools – Guidebook