A side cutter can make your everyday work much easier. Solid cables and wires are easy to cut, which is often the case at home. There are different types represented so that some things must be considered. Our checklist and product recommendations will help you and facilitate the search.
- Standard side cutters with a length of 10 to 20 centimeters are suitable for cutting metal wires, cables or rods with a circumference of 1 to 4 millimeters.
- Precision or mini side cutters with a length of up to 10 centimeters are ideal for precision work or model making, allowing you to cut wires and cables with a circumference of less than one millimeter.
- A power side cutter with a length of more than 20 centimeters is suitable if you want to cut cables or wires with a circumference of more than 4 millimeters.
- If you want to solder the wires or cables again afterwards, a side cutter with a bevel is useful, as this bevels the interfaces.
- The side cutter must fit well and securely in your hand so that it does not slip when you are working.
- The cutting surface of the side cutter should be extra hardened, so that the side cutter delivers good cutting results in the long term.
- An optimal quality of workmanship of the handle and cutting surfaces is important for the longevity of the tool.
- When working on electrical or electronic devices, you should use an ESD side c utter, which does not transfer the electrostatic charge to electronic components and thus protects against overvoltage.
- When working on live components, use a VDE side c utter with specially insulated handles that protect against electric shock at voltages up to 1000 volts.
Table of contents
Recommended Side Cutters
We have compiled the best and most interesting side cutters. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find more tools in our guide to screw clamps.
The Best Sellers Of Side Cutters
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular side cutters for you.
Tip: How about a new screwdriver? You can find the best models in this screwdriver guide.
Current Offers Of Side Cutters
You can find the best current offers on side cutters in this list.
FAQ About Side Cutters
A side cutter is a tool for cutting sturdy cables, wires or similar. It resembles the image of pliers and is very useful in everyday life.
A side cutter looks like pliers for cutting hard, thin objects. It has a short cutting surface at the front and two handles otherwise.
A side cutter is used to cut cables or wires. It can greatly facilitate work in everyday life or electrical field.
Side cutters from Knipex or Orbis do very well in the reviews and are recommended.
You can buy a side cutter for as little as €4. However, some models cost over 30 €.
More On The Topic
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guide
- The 6 best screw clamps – Guide
- The 7 best bench drills – guidebook
- The 7 best twist drills – guidebook
- The 7 best drills – guidebook
- The 15 best power generators – How to
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best jigsaws – guidebook
- The 10 best air quality knives – guidebook
- The 8 best carving knives – guidebook
- The 6 best welders – guidebook
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best wheelbarrows – guidebook
- The 6 most popular electric wheelbarrows
- The 8 best wheelbarrows for children – guidebook
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 7 best garden rollers – guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – guidebook
- The 6 best garden saunas – guidebook
- The 8 best garden huts for storage – guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook
- The 14 best garden lights – guidebook
- The 15 best Gardena garden products – guidebook
- The 5 best garden pumps from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 10 best garden tools from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best garden showers from Gardena – guidebook
- The 7 best soil hoes for the garden – guidebook