Only with a router you can achieve clean and precise results in woodworking. Shape strips, boards and panels. Our checklist tells you everything you need to know about bench routers . Our product recommendations
- In principle, larger devices usually also offer more stability. The situation is similar with the weight. The heavier the bench router, the greater the feed rates possible. At the same time, wear and tear is reduced.
- A solid table saw is robust and absolutely stable. To meet these characteristics, a certain size and the appropriate weight are required.
- Mobile devices are not suitable for professional use. They are small and compact, measuring about 40 x 25 cm, and weigh just about 2 kg. In comparison, stable floor-standing devices weigh approx. 100 kg with dimensions of approx. 60 x 40 cm.
- Ideally, it can be adjusted in three directions. This allows you to use it more variably.
- Make sure that the tool shaft can also be adjusted. It should be possible to set it at an angle for more machining options.
- The higher the possible spindle speed, the better the results you can achieve. On good machines, the spindle speed is up to 9000 revolutions per minute.
- The spindle shaft and a good table guide ensure that the router can achieve a high removal rate and that the routing pattern is smooth.
- In addition to a robust body, high spindle shaft speeds and as many adjustment options as possible, there are numerous additional functions that can make your work much easier.
- A touch-screen display and digital length measurement make your work much easier and more efficient. Some routers also offer an electrically adjustable feed rate with an additional locking mechanism.
- If you only need the router occasionally for DIY, such high-quality equipment is not absolutely necessary, but it increases the fun of routing.
- As a rule, the accessories are not included in the scope of delivery. Unless it is a case for storage or transport.
- However, to get the most out of your bench router, you should have some extras. These can be flexible rulers to be able to measure curves, but also practical push sticks.
- Push sticks in particular are very important, as they significantly increase safety when working. They ensure that your hand is always the proper distance from the rotating milling tools.
Table of contents
Recommended Table Routers
Here you can find the top 5 among the most popular table routers.
Tip: You can find practical room humidifiers in our guide to room humidifiers.
The Best Sellers Of Table Routers
We have compiled the most popular table routers.
Tip: Don’t want to leave your baby without supervision? Check out our guide to baby monitors.
Current Offers For Table Routers
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the table routers.
FAQ About Table Routers
How much does a table router cost?
Common table routers cost between 300 and 1000 euros. Professional table routers can quickly go into the five-figure range.
What can you do with a router?
A router can be used to machine and polish edges, make prong joints, and mill circles and ornaments.
What is a bench router?
A bench router is a machine tool that uses a rotating cutting tool to chip material from a workpiece to reshape it as desired.
What is a hand feed?
A manual feed is when the machine tool is operated by automatic feed. This is usually done in combination with a sliding carriage as a manual feed.
More On The Subject
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best sliding table saws – guidebook
- The 10 best Japanese saws – guidebook
- The 8 best chainsaws – guidebook
- The 7 best reciprocating saws – guidebook
- The 8 best jigsaws – guidebook