The tile cutter is a very practical tool for cutting tiles at home or in the trade. The devices vary in form, handling, safety, and accessories. To help you keep track of the wide selection, we have summarized the most important functions and purchase criteria for you in our checklist. We have also selected the best devices on the market for you and listed them in our product recommendations.
- Tile cutters can be divided into two different devices: Manually operated and electric tile cutters.
- Manual devices are usually cheaper, but can be difficult to use in the long run.
- Electric devices are there many handier, but also cost accordingly more.
- Rule of thumb: The larger the area, the more suitable the electric version.
- Also make sure that your tile cutter is transportable , i.e. it is lightweight and has carrying handles.
- An integrated metal cone also provides additional leverage to help break the flow.
- Important: The cutting edges of the tile cutter should be sharp and resistant.
- The carriage of the tile cutter should be easy to guide and lie securely in the track.
- A movable machine table is a practical option here.
- Ideally, this should have a metal base , made of stainless steel, sheet steel or aluminum.
- The angle scale should have a wide radius in the range of -45 to +45 degrees.
- A cutting guard will protect you from injury while working.
- A rubber handle ensures that the tool fits securely in your hand and does not slip off.
- In addition, the tool should have stability , so that the work can be done precisely and you do not lose your balance.
- More unusual devices also have various accessories.
- A water tank , for example, cools the device and prevents it from overheating
- Tile rests can be very handy to perform cutting work and still always have the next flow ready.
- Devices with a laser pointer function perform particularly precise work.
Tip: For fun with cars, check out our guide to car racing tracks.
Table of contents
Recommended Tile Cutter
The Best Sellers Of Tile Cutter
In this bestseller list, we have compiled the most popular tile cutters for you.
Tip: For a varied evening program, take a look at our guide to beamers.
Current Offers Of Tile Cutters
Here you can find a collection of current offers on tile cutters.
FAQ About Tile Cutter
First, the cutting edge is marked correctly, then the tile is cut properly. In the final cut, the tile is skillfully cut.
Place the tile cutter on the glaze and first score a predetermined breaking point. Now you only have to guide the cutter along the predetermined breaking point and you can cut the tile
We have collected the best tile cutters on the market in our product recommendations, here you will find the perfect device for your purposes.
Inexpensive tile cutters are available for as little as 30 euros. Fancier models with accessories can cost up to 150 euros.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best combination pliers – guidebook
- The 7 best screwdrivers – guide
- The 8 best pliers – guidebook
- The 7 best pipe wrenches – Guidebook
- The 6 best screw clamps – guidebook
- The 7 best vices – guidebook
- The 6 best welders – guidebook
- The 7 best sledge hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best spirit levels – guidebook
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 10 best tool carts – guidebook