Tool trolleys are a practical storage option for various tools in workshops. Due to the different drawers, many tools of any kind find a place. It also keeps you mobile, as tool carts are equipped with wheels to be used anywhere in the workshop.
In our checklist you will find all the important information about tool trolleys. Our product recommendations include a great selection of different tool trolleys.
- You will need drawers of different heights to store your tools.
- High comp artments for heavy tools should be further down.
- Shallow comp artments for smaller tools tend to be on top.
- Make sure the drawers have ball bearings . This makes it easy to fully extend the compartments with heavy contents. They also increase durability.
- Get an overview of your tools and which ones you are still missing for your purposes. Then you have a good indication of how many tools your tool trolley must hold. Leave a buffer of 30% for targeted additions. In this way, you can also avoid it being too small after one or two years. And you will be able to keep everything in order.
- If you already have tools, purchase an empty tool cart to fill with your selection of tools.
- Tool carts with basic equipment are often available at a special price. If you don’t have any or not many tools, this is a good alternative. There are also offers from well-known manufacturers.
- Pay attention to the size of the rollers. On uneven floors, tool carts with larger rollers are easier and more reliable to move.
- Buy one with a parking brake.
- Remember that the tool trolley is lockable. This will prevent accidents when you have children or are maneuvering the cart.
- Choose a model with high load capacity: Tools reach a high weight. Weigh the tools you already have and add the weight of possible purchases to the best of your knowledge. Leave a buffer at the end. So you avoid a wrong purchase.
- Pay attention to good quality. When fully loaded, all drawers should extend easily and to their full length. The casters must run smoothly when the cart is loaded and leave a stable impression. The tool cart should not jerk. The sheet metal should be strong enough not to react to stronger thumb pressure, i.e. remain dimensionally stable.
Table of contents
Recommended Tool Carts
We have compiled the best and most interesting tool carts. You can find our product recommendations here.
Tip: You need a suitable work surface? Here’s our guide to the best workbenches.
The Best Sellers Of Tool Carts
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular tool carts for you.
Tip: First the work, then the pleasure: Here’s where you can reward yourself with the best taps .
Current Offers Of Tool Carts
You can find the best current offers on tool carts in this list.
FAQ About Tool Carts
The contents of a tool trolley can differ individually, depending on the focus of the work and the intended use. Instead of painstakingly picking all the parts together, you can take high-quality tool trolleys. These variants are already filled with the most important tools and can be purchased in different designs and sizes.
Which tool trolley is the best depends on your use. The best way to find out what you need is to check our checklist and then choose a tool cart from our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
Tools and supplies
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 7 best protractors
- The 7 best angle grinders
- The 7 best drills
- The 7 best bench drills
- The 7 best felling jacks
- The 8 best delta grinders
- The 6 best hammer drills
- The 7 best pneumatic hammers
- The 10 best paste machines
- The 7 best sliding table saws
- The 14 best circular saws
- The 5 best needle scalers
- The 8 best line finders
- The 7 best screwdrivers
- The 7 best grub screw sets