Workbenches can be an enormous relief for larger or sometimes smaller work. But what to look for when you want to buy a workbench?
We want to help you with this question with a checklist and also direct product recommendations . Have fun with your work!
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Workbenches
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular workbenches for you.
- A workbench is used for all kinds of manual work, while the appropriate tools are usually stored within easy reach.
- The bench usually consists of a frame with a secure stand and a large worktop. It is usually made of wood or metal.
- For example, a wooden worktop is very suitable for carpentry work. Metal worktops, however, are more robust, and even soldering and welding work can be done on them without fire hazards.
- All kinds of simple work can be done with assembly work benches. Clamping work benches are easy to transport and are suitable for working with smaller workpieces. Planer work benches, on the other hand, are excellent for working with wood.
- Some workbenches are foldable or height-adjustable, which saves space. Others have numerous drawers and holders to adequately store as many tools as possible.
- Of course, you can also purchase matching sets of tools for the craft work you want to perform on your workbench. In the best case, these can also be stored directly on the bench.
- Screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, saws, as well as nails, screws, and work materials are just a few examples of tools that can be useful to you.
- Some workbenches have casters instead of legs. These make transportation easier and can be locked in place for the work at hand.
- Important for the selection of your workbench is the space you can prepare for it. The smallest benches are at least 100 x 50 x 100 (length x width x height in cm). Larger versions can be well over two meters long.
- The ideal height of a workbench depends on your work. For light work, the worktop should be about 10-15cm below your elbows. For heavier work, even up to 40cm is recommended.
- When buying also pay attention to the load capacity. It should be at least up to 100kg or more loadable. Robust benches can also handle up to 500kg.
- If you want to use your workbench only for work, it is worth buying a smaller version that can be easily stored and transported. If you also want to use it for storage, a fixed alternative with many drawers is the better choice.
We have compiled the best and most interesting workbenches. You can find our product recommendations here.
- The mobile work table from wolfcraft is a must in any workshop. Thanks to its lightweight aluminium construction and folding function, it can be stored free-standing. It can also be transported to different construction sites.
- The workstation includes special slotted holes for the flexible use of single-handed clamps, workbench tensioners and quick releases for clamping into the surface.
- The large work surface made of impact-resistant MDF with a load capacity of up to 120 kg is suitable for almost all projects. 20 mm bore for the use of clamping pads, clamps, etc. are possible in the mobile workbench.
- Box contents: 1 x work table, 2 x narrow clamping blocks, 2 x tension blocks wide, 4 x clamping jaws black, 1 x accessory bag with mounting material for mitre saw and for the Wolfcraft drill stand 5027000, 1 x Allen key for attaching and moving the clamping blocks, 1 x instruction manual (English language not guaranteed).
- Mounting slots for mounting a chop and mitre saw are also embedded in the work table, so sawing can be carried out easily and safely.
- Load Capacity: up to 455 kg maximum load capacity, metal legs
- Large work surface area (85 x 60 cm) for a wide range of applications
- Compatible with the Einhandzwingen from Stanley
- Equipped with a handle for smooth mobility
- English (Publication Language)
- Workbench and work table: Raised work surface for comfortable and back-friendly work. Adjusting screws to compensate for uneven floors. Easy and practical use thanks to sophisticated worktop with various aids.
- Worktop: Holes, slots and additional compartments offer different storage options for tools and small parts. Printed length and angle dimensions with centred hole in the middle for drilling. Stable hammer and cutting surface on the side.
- Step stool: Ribbed plastic base for a secure footing. Serves as a platform to reach hard-to-reach places. Ideal for use in renovation work etc.
- Rolling workshop board: For carrying out repair or assembly work while lying down. Suitable as a rolling workshop to store things. Can be used as a rolling platform for laying tiles and laminate.
- Dolly: 4 wheels, including two steerable and two fixed wheels, integrated holes on the side for attaching a carabiner hook, for transporting heavy and bulky items.
- Product details: load capacity (max.): 150 kg. Dimensions (unfolded): 125 x 85 x 52 cm. Dimensions (folded): 98 x 52 x 12.5 cm. Platform size: 88 x 46.5 cm Weight: 15 kg.
- Portable and lightweight work table with integrated handle for easy transportation with a unique quick-opening system
- Folding design to save storage space.
- 2 clamps that can be installed both horizontally and vertically, to suit almost any job.
- Large work surface that holds up to 453kg
- No assembly required and only 30 seconds to set up and use.
- English (Publication Language)
- W 170 cm x H 84 cm x D 60 cm massive beech board
- 6 drawers H 12 cm with guide rollers
- 1 lockable door
- Made in Germany
Tip: For storage, we also have a guide to tool bags.
Current Offers Of Workbenches
You can find the best current offers on workbenches in this list.
Tip: For nutrition, we have a guide to dehydrators.
FAQ About Toolbenches
The contents of a tool bench can differ individually, depending on the focus of the work and the intended use. Instead of laboriously gathering all the parts, you can also take high-quality workbenches. These variants are already filled with the most important tools and can be purchased in different designs and sizes.
There are several brands that have good toolboxes on offer. For example, brothers Proxxon or KNIPEX.
The smallest workbenches are 1 m high. In general, they should always be below the elbow.
A workbench should always have a different height difference down to your elbow depending on the work.
That depends on what your goal is. There are some made of materials such as wood or metal, lighter and heavier, with wheels for transport or without. Always choose according to your needs. Above we also have direct suggestions for you.
There are several options. Some manufacturers offer plates made of wood, others of metal. Depending on the project, you should decide here.
The smallest workbenches are 1 m high and should generally always be below your elbow.
Workbenches for children are available from the age of 3. Take a look at our guide for children’s workbenches.
Workbenches should be at least 1 m high.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best cow foot tools – guidebook
- The 10 best tool carts – guidebook
- The 15 best tool bags for on the road – guidebook
- The 10 best tool cases – How to
- The 6 best watchmaker tools – guidebook
- The 8 best measuring tools – How to
- The 10 best tool advent calendars 2021 – advice
- The 7 best screwdrivers – Advisor
- The 12 best cordless screwdrivers – advisor
- The 7 best bench drills – How to
- The 7 best twist drills – How to guide
- The 7 best sledge hammers – How to guide
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best measuring tapes – adviser
- The 7 best phase testers – Advisor