A smooth and close shave is appreciated. An easy handling of the razor as well as a pleasant shaving feeling makes the pleasure even greater. Since the selection on the market is very large, we have compared many different electric shavers. Find out here what you need to look for when buying electric shavers and what criteria you can use to recognize good electric shavers.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for electric shavers, but also many product recommendations for you. We will help you choose the right electric shaver.
- First and foremost, you can choose between foil shavers and rotary shavers.
- Foil shavers usually have an angular shape and are equipped with a perforated foil under which the shaving blades are located.
- A good foil shaver should have at least three shaving elements.
- Shaving with a foil razor is considered gentler on the skin and more thorough. In addition, the razors can be cleaned quickly and easily by running water.
- Rotary shavers, on the other hand, can be recognized by the fact that they have three round shaving elements arranged in a triangular shape.
- The larger shearing surface ensures that the shave is done much faster. Rotary razors are generally quieter and have less vibration than foil razors.
- Basically, if you want to shave precise contours and have sensitive skin, a foil razor is the right choice. If, on the other hand, you want to shave every day and do so as quickly and extensively as possible, a rotary razor is the right choice.
- For a comfortable shave, the razor should adapt to the contours of the face.
- The flexibility of the shaving head determines how closely it follows the contours.
- For fine work, a non-moving shaving head offers more control.
- If you also want to use the razor in the shower, you should make sure that the razor is water resistant. Here you should look for an IP certification.
- When it comes to battery life, there are stark differences between the models.
- The battery life should be at least 60 minutes. Since you can not use most shavers in mains operation, you should also look for a fast charging function. 5 minutes charging time is then enough for a complete shave.
- Many manufacturers save on accessories.
- In addition to a small cleaning brush, the shaver should definitely have a case for transport.
- To prevent damage or soiling during transport, an additional protective cap is useful.
Table of contents
Recommended Electric Shavers
Here you can find the top 10 most popular electric shavers.
Tip: You can find many great women’s razors in our The 10 best women’s razors – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Electric Shavers
We have compiled the most popular electric shavers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great hair clippers in our The 10 best hair clippers – guide.
Current Offers For Electric Shavers
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the electric shaver section.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
You can get an electric shaver for as little as 10 euros. Other models can cost up to 500 euros, as they differ greatly in quality.
Which shaver is suitable for you depends on your personal expectations of the device. Basically, a distinction is made between a foil shaver and a rotary shaver.
You can find out how to use an electric razor from the manufacturer’s instructions. Usually you apply a shaving oil or shaving gel before starting the shaving process. However, there are also models that do not require this step. Then the shave works only with water.
Foil razors are suitable if you want to shave precise contours and have sensitive skin. Rotary razors, on the other hand, are suitable if you shave daily and as quickly and extensively as possible.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best women’s razors – guide
- The 10 best hair clippers – guidebook
- The 8 best sonic toothbrushes – guidebook
- The 10 best Oral-B electric toothbrushes – guidebook
- The 8 best electric toothbrushes – guidebook
- The 10 best curling irons – guidebook
- The 10 best hairdryers & hairdryers – guidebook
Cleaning at home
- The best cleaning tools for the home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – How to guide
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best robotic vacuum cleaners with mopping function – Guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best stair guards – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – guidebook
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – Guidebook